Fa/gg/ot - Guitarfa/gg/ and Bassfa/gg/ General

BITCH I SAID OLD THREAD(!!!) all encompassing autism edition (404'd ;___; r.i.p. in peace senpaitachi)

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com

Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/

Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old thread , maybe you've heard of it? This is how you post the old thread in the new thread. FYI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D0praZd_-m0?t=4m36s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PtwCD0HWs
youtu.be/hVjMrFbNhGg
clyp.it/y5mpcyrl
youtu.be/dXh-VU_3A-s
sendvid.com/smpbwha3
clyp.it/n3cbkcck
clyp.it/zg55o50o
youtube.com/watch?v=WwmAB8Wx6DY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Carly

This is worse than roman's cringeworthy op

The
>is guitar really dead
Yes

OP was less autistic.

>"finally a thread with nothing wrong with i-"
>fa/gg/ot
fuck

Redpill me on short scale guitars, /gg/.

Yay or nay?

redpill me on sitting for 30 consecutive hours focusing on guitar sounds

Are you a manlet bitch? Then get a regular 25.5 inch guitar

how do i giutar

Awe, I missed my chance

I was going to call it fu/gg/: talentless hack edition and the pic was going to be samuel

i have one and it's nice and lightweight, and vibrations feel nice.
Wiring was garbage though (squier)

It's a nice looking guitar and everything but that headstock makes me want to punch you in the throat.

The unwired pickup too.

watch k-on

Explain your rude statement without hostility and maybe I'll take you seriously.

>dig 6ft hole
>pay crackhead
>lay down in hole
>crackhead fills in hole
rappers are crackheads because they're black

Are you though?
If you're not some manlet pussy with tiny little hands then there is no reason not to get a guitar with a 25.5 inch scale.
25.5 might even be too small actually

I remember Buckethead's signature Gibson had like a 27 or 28 inch scale. It's a real size guitar for real men.

Do you wear a size 8 shoe and fit size small gloves? Are you less than 5' 6"? Do you wear a dress?

So I wanna buy this as a project guitar but it's used and I don't live in the safest place. How do I make sure I don't get mugged by the guy that's selling it?

>Step one: Don't be a third worlder
Not possible right now.

That's the best looking pointy headstock design I've ever seen. Has a nice aggressive character to it plus no-name guitars are always cool looking.

what the fuck am i even looking at? this is disgusting

>alan holdsworth de dead
>better listen to his music then
>unlistenable shitty fusion wankery

k, now what

You can have the next one, bruh.

I'll allow it.

every time you ask this, everyone says no

but you keep fucking asking

are you waiting for everyone to say you should buy that piece of plywood shit?

Literally the same for me.
I had already tried to give him loads of chances, I just couldn't get into the music at all. It's totally unlistenable. It's just masturbatory jazz.

I believe people that he was influential and all, but I'm listening to his shitty music to find out why.

Just buy parts on ebay. You can find lots of cool bodies and necks and make any kind of guitar you can imagine. Just be mindful that anything you build has to have either a 24 3/4 or 25 1/2 scale length when its finished or the whole thing will be junk.

Very overlooked consideration am9ng newbie builders

Considering selling my Ibanez RG Iron Label and American Special Telecaster and using the money to get a Pro Series Jackson.

What does /gg/ know about Jacksons? No memes please, this is a serious post that calls for serious replies.

I wasn't exaggerating last night when I said it was dogshit. Seriously one of the worst guitars I've ever owned. The headstock is really small and weird, the neck profile is awful, that licensed floyd is awful, the emg hzs suck, the knobs for the tuning machone broke off on mine, i had to drill out the holes for the strap button and put a dowel in them. And this was mostly in less than 2 years of use. The inlays are super lame.

Seriously, there are so many better slabs out there to use as a project. You'll never be able tonfind a replacement neck, you'll either have to make one or find a luthier to make one. ESP wouldn't even tell me if a neck from an old eclipse might fit.

>Let's complain about people talking about guitars
>Those guys derailing the thread and posting few words each time so it gets archived faster? Nah those guys are cool, I hang out with them

Well if you can find a Floyd-Routed LP guitar kit online, I'll do it.

I don't care about the hardware, all of it would be getting replaced. I kinda like the headstock though, and I like the spider inlays too, I wouldn't replace the neck.

Besides I wouldn't be able to get a 603 with a neck through instead because those are out of production. I just know if I don't get it I'll regret it later, plus it's only $135 so who gives a shit.

I'm just worried about meeting the guy, you never know with mexicunts.

Motherfucker, I warned you and you didn't listen.

I'll kill your next thread where you don't link to the old thread too.

FU/gg/IN WATCH AND SEE IF I DON'T

can /gg/ even play this?

youtu.be/D0praZd_-m0?t=4m36s

>jew music

If you want to waste $135 on it go ahead, but you can buy a much nicer neck and body for that much. And unless you're within 3 or 4 feet of the inlays they look like crickets, not spiders. You'll regret it more if you buy it. But, it's your money.

what

Hell if I was in America I would offer some dollarydoos for yours instead.

Post some pics of the broken tuners?

is there anything better than amplitube 4?
i didn't think so

dude is dressed like a faggot

Still wondering why you shit so much on it. Maybe you got a factory defective one, why didn't you ask ESP to replace it?
Found this on YT, you can tell he replaced the Floyd for an original one but the pickups are the same stock shit and it doesn't sound terrible.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PtwCD0HWs

If the guy is willing to replace all hardware maybe it would be a well spent $135

They're in a toolbox in the garage(was using a caliper to measure to find replacements), i can look tomorrow and post it. It barely looks like a les paul in real life. Upper fret access is horrible. I got one from the store, they set it up. When I came back they showed me the high e couldn't be intonated because the saddle was as far forward as it could go. They had to order me a new one. Got it around 2007.

Honestly, if you just want a les paul with a floyd why not get an FRX
youtu.be/hVjMrFbNhGg
You going to wanr to shell out some cash for an official floyd anyways with the 203.

What is this? This is literally just noise. There is nothing musical or redeemable about this

how can long scales even compete

by sounding better

shit bait

it's jew music

>rattly shelf

>muh subjective opinion
nah

>how can long scales even compete
>posts a Jazzmaster

I replaced my floyd with an original as well, and the store replaced the first one I got cause it was defective. The emgs made it about 4 months before I started swapping in different pickups from my collection.

In that video it sounds mediocre but passable, but he's also not playing chords, or playing clean, or doing anything besides playing single note lines with dirt and reverb. It really just sounds like the amp sim he's using.

It was alright for the first month or so, and things started to fail. First thing was the inside of the screws for the locking nut, they started to round off. I was using the factory provided allen wrench and never used anything but. Ended up needing to buy new screws and take the old ones out with pliers.

>shortscales.png
>jazzmaster
>not a short scale guitar

moran

>they showed me the high e couldn't be intonated because the saddle was as far forward as it could go
Well that's why I don't buy guitars with Licensed Floyds new, I bet that fucking shit was like $650 when it came out, wasn't it? But for 1/5th of the price it just doesn't look like a bad deal to me, the damage it has is easily fixed, I searched the whole site for a better candidate for my next project and nothing else looks interesting.

And hell no, FRX is like $250, $300+ with shipping to beanerland, that's way more than I'm willing to pay for a bridge. I've owned Original and 1000 Series Floyds and they're good but I've also never had any problems with FR Specials and they're like $90.
New pickups, bridge, tuners, paint and all it ends up at like $450 which is still cheaper than the original price.

I'll be honest, you probably won't convince me not to get it, I just know I can polish this turd.

Pretty nice desu. I would definitely change the pickups though.

explain yourself

....aaaaaaaaaaaand archived !

Nite nite, shitba/gg/s.

it just fucking is

$450. Your in for world of hurt, but enjoy it.

The real question here is, is there anything wrong with the wood itself? If not, it can be fixed or replaced.

name one jew.

Its soft. The strap buttons pulled out after a year of gigging. Mime has a huge gouge from bumping against a road case, after 2 pickup changes I had to put wood filler in the holes for the pickup rings because they wouldn't grip. each ply is under a half inch, body os probably 9 ply. The screws for the trem claw never had an issue after many adjustments though.

Actually, thinking back I remember really liking the control placement.

Taylor Swift

>The screws for the trem claw never had an issue after many adjustments though
Good because that's one of the most important things and it would be kinda hard to fix. I don't think I would be abusing the whole thing too much though, I'm just a bedroom warrior.

>Actually, thinking back I remember really liking the control placement
Already starting to change your mind? lol
By the way, you said you changed the pickups, what did you install before giving up on it? And why is it missing the neck pickup now?

bump

>/gg/ shits on bass players
>i literally just came home from a bar where i witnessed a 3 piece band with no bassist

this is why guitar music is dead

>he can't into Floor

Can somebody give me a summary of who this Roman guy is and tell me why people bully him so much?

I wanna be a bully too.

So I built this lap steel from the leftover guts of a 1960s Japanese import. Thoughts on the tone?

clyp.it/y5mpcyrl

I know the intonation sucks fat ass, but I've been playing it for like two weeks. (So many blisters)

How do I learn how to make basslines as opposed to just learning existing basslines? Like, how I should interact with the drummer rhythm wise and what notes I should play (root and fifth, how/when I can play something else, etc.)

I mean, learning existing basslines is a good way to teach yourself how to create new ones, since you'll want to get comfortable playing several different kinds of music in order to compose the appropriate basslines within those mediums. Strong chord tones like the root, fifth, third, and seventh are generally played on the downbeat while sixths, ninths, and passing tones are played on the upbeat. The best time to move from one musical idea to the next is when everyone else does, usually when the chord changes. You'll see how this works by learning popular basslines and listening to how those parts work within the larger musical context of a given piece.

>lap steel
>blisters

you know you're not meant to hold down chords on the neck right?

I don't think there's any foolproof method, just a lot of different approaches and your own intuition. Personally, I like to first try "conversing" with the various instruments for a starting point. I think about how the other melodies or rhythms could either be filled in (added to) or simplified (subtracted from). I play a lot of instruments so this approach helps me focus in on how the rest of the music is being pushed and pulled by my bassline. When I do this I pretty much try to ignore the vocals at first, then adjust to them last. This is good for noisier or busier music where you have a lot of freedom.

Another approach is to get something you like rhythmically with just roots and 5ths and 3rds, strictly following the chords, and start adding a bunch of passing notes. Then listen for what notes have a really harmonic sound to them, and try working your bassline around those notes, possibly by adding some more of them, putting them on the first beat, or trying to put them were there is some space.

When all else fails, roots and fifths following the kick drum, and slides up an octave for fills.

These aren't very sophisticated methods, but hey, my theory is a bit weak. I try.

bump

bump

third hourly bump

What are some essential techniques that I need to be able to put good solos together? I know how to do bends and pulls offs and hammers ons.Is there any other really important techniques or should I just work on perfecting the ones I listed?

Bass guitars are guitars too

legato runs
fast alternate picking
sweeping and tapping if you want to wank

good morning /gg/

youtu.be/dXh-VU_3A-s

vibrato. vibratos are important

No, they really aren't. The Precision bass and the electric basses before it were intended to replace the big standup double basses used by early rock and roll bands. Leo added frets so it could be played with greater precision. Hence the name.

Ha, ha.

No, I've been plucking with my bare fingers - also something you don't really do with a steel, but I haven't mastered using finger picks yet.

good review
8/10

would buy

Top review 10/10

sendvid.com/smpbwha3

Cool review, would buy Samuel signature "lil' favela nigger" guitar amp

Is it more adequate to say
Major key = more open sounding and emotional
Minor key = more closed sounding and tense
?

That "major = happy" "minor = sad" meme seem to apply more to the chords itself
like if you take a minor key, say Am, and play all the chords major
AM BM CM DM EM FM GM
it would sound happy anyway

clyp.it/n3cbkcck

The meme guitar is back. r8 my newest cover

just from looking at your retarded guitar, I know how shiity your retarded music is going to sound

>a7x guitar
>cover is not a a7x song
is that a guitar or a meme btw

What kind of guitar is not retarded according to /gg/?

>Hurr SSS strat

>prs
no
>gibsons
le headstock le dadrock meme
>floyd superstrats
le mememachine
>teles
le ugly meme

would this sound better with a les paul or with a strat. and which pickups combination

clyp.it/zg55o50o

>spam the same shit every thread
>a-at least I'm not derailing
yes you fucking are you spastic

Les paul with Lace Dually Red-Red in bridge, fender noiseless in the middle and Dimarzio Evo in neck, using middle position of Gibson SG custom 3-pickup wiring

>ballad
>2017
>ballad

>spastic

not seen that used as an insult since I used to post on b3ta back in the day

well this ballad seems to have a few listeners in 2016 youtube.com/watch?v=WwmAB8Wx6DY

and it's Brazilian wino day here at /gg/