nope section 80 is at least 2nd best

ain't gonna do the faces shit, but

Section.80 - 7.5/10
GKMC - 9/10
TPAB - 9.5 or 10/10
DAMN. - 9/10

>inb4 inflated ratings
he's actually that good

I'm not even a nigger but TPAB is 8.5 or 9/10 at least.

Section.80 - 6/10
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City - 8/10
To Pimp a Butterfly - 9/10
DAMN. - 9/10

swap the ratings for damn and tpab you p4k faggot

i honestly feel like p4k is going to regret not giving tpab a 10 when they put it top 3 of 2010's

section.80- 7.5/10
GKMC - 8.5/10
TPAB- 9 or 9.5/10
DAMN.- 8/10

but damn was objectively rated a strong 7

oh shit
this user got it right

anyone who has Damn above 3 is trolling their ass off

Most accurate in thread
If you dont think TPAB is his best you're crazy

if u fuckwads seriously think tpab is not the worst in his discography u are braindead

Yeezus>MBDTF>Late Reg> TLOP>808s>CD>Grad

S80: 7
GKMC: 8
TPAB 9
D: 5

anything else is inflated fanboi bullshit

section 80 - 7
gkmc - 8
gkmc -9
damn - 6

dude's fansbase has his dick deep in their throat

S80 7.5/10
GKMC 9/10
TPAB 10/10
UU 9/10
DAMN 7/10

S.80 7.5
GKMC 9.5
TPAB 10
DAMN. 8

S.80 8
GKMC 9.5
TPAB 8.5
DAMN. 5.5

u faggots are just rating DAMN. so low because of OPs pic u arent fooling anyone

GKMC: 9
TPAB: 5
DAMN : 4.5

Why is everyone on here so brainwashed by fantano?

S80: 6.5/10
GKMC: 9/10
TPAB: 8.5/10
UU: 6.5/10
DAMN.: 9.6/10

Go home, Anthony

Muh numbers

S80: 8/10
TPAB: 7.5/;10
DAMN: 7/10

Kendy fell off hard after GKMC

>S80: 7.8/10
>GKMC: 10/10
>TPAB: 11/10
>DAMN.: 8.8/10

S80 5/10
GKMC 8/10
TPAB 10/10
DAMN. 9/10

He is on a great run desu

I think it's very interesting how Kendirkc creates this bizarre striation of ratings - many people think all his records are good but argue about 7-8-9-10 ratings. He has made such great music that his best album is a hotly debated topic, and I bet you it will still be that way a long time from now.

Can't we all agree to just enjoy his progression and assign him a rank of legend for his last 3 albums?

S80: 7/10
TPAB: 5/10
DAMN: 8/10
half of tpab is garbage

No?...there are artists with similar track records that aren't"legends"

he absolutely is a legend, few hip hop artists have such a track record

Only good songs on DAMN so far for me are DNA, XXX, and Duckworth.

Some of the songs are super slow, but most are at least worth a listen.

Maybe I'll change my opinion about the album, but for now I'm not really feeling most of the songs.

Order for me would be :

Good Kid Mad City > To Pimp A Butterfly > DAMN

Ass opinions the post

i'll bite for him. Rap is devoid of these people. Artists do this often, but Kanye, Tupac and Jay Z are some of the only rappers I'd say have that reputation. From any serious musical perspective, Kendrick has at least 2 9/10 albums and likely 3 8/10 albums in a row. That's worth recognition.

>there are people who can listen to TPAB and then Damn and score Damn higher
gross
Sec 80 6/10
GKMC 8/10
TPAB 8/10
DAMN 6/10

Kendrick is good, but he's not legendary.

He needs at least two more 10's for me to consider him amazing.

Not only that, none of his songs have ever really been "hits" for me.

Closest song of his being my favorite is blacker the berry probably.

If I wanted bangers I'd listen to uzi or something. FEEL, PRIDE, FEAR, and LUST. are some of the best hip-hop I've heard recently.

Sorry, I was talking about artists in general. In terms of rap, he's on top right now

I'd like to hear more generic rap with meaning.

One of my favorite rap songs is "Everything they owe" by Tupac. Its meaningful, but also has a nice rhyme scheme and beat.

Kendrick's whisper rap doesn't do it for me.

Who else in hip-hop has made multiple 10/10 albums? Kanye? It's an interesting genre for me because I feel artists are so heavily judged. I agree with you that he hasn't made 2 10/10 albums, but he is the one of the best ever pretty easily in my mind.

That's what I was trying to say, I think he is pushing the rap genre and he should be recognized for that. Just because made an album a lot of people are rating 7 or 8/0 doesn't mean he should be discounted in any way

>whisper
the fuck? he makes in your face songs, and he makes subtle songs. mumble or whisper is the opposite of what he does

I feel like he's still pretty new, in the sense that his music doesn't even have its own characteristics yet.

One album is generic rap, which I like, one album is a mix of funk and jazz, and now an experimental piece.

I understand variety is the spice of life, but I also like common characteristics so I can get attached to something.

A great rapper doesn't necessarily have to have multiple 10/10 albums, but they need to have at leas their magnum opus. Something that will be their very best, so much so that it defines them.

For example The Game's Documentary, that made him come into his own, although he hasn't really had anything as good since.

Maybe I'm being too critical, but for me Kendrick's newest album is lackadaisical and his collection as a whole lacks a handful of defining or amazing songs.

I like Kendrick, but I don't love him.

>buying music in [current year]

Section 80- 8/10
GKMC- 8.8/10
TPAB- 10/10
DAMN.- 7.5/10

He's whispering like no tomorrow on YAH. I can feel his lips barely separating.

If you dont think TPAB is objectively his okest then you are literally a moronic plebian

s80 is garbage. gkmc is good. tpab is great. damn is great. why we gotta number everything?

>s80
>garbage
u wot m8?

fine s80 is okay. if we have assign a number i'd say 6/10. thats at the level where i wouldnt listen to it more than i have already by choice, so its in the garbage.

shoulda held out for the vinyl my dude

this

faggot chune for ya headtop

Section.80 6/10
GKMC 9/10
TPAB 10/10
DAMN. 4/10

>S80 - 7/10
>GKMC - 6/10
>TPAB - 2/10
>D - 1

Deny this as much as you want

GKMC: 10

rest is shit

You fucking plebs

OD 7
S80 8
GKMC 10
TPAB 9
DAMN 10

To Pimp a Butterfly is by far his most important work but I ranked these based on my own level of enjoyablilty of each album.

Would I like TPAB if I don't like rap? I looked up and listened to song (forgot name) with the "misusing your influence" bit, liked that, and dropped it once the rapping started after that.

S80: 5/10
GKMC: 8.5/10
TPAB: 2/10
Damn: 6/10

He peaked early, but at least his newest effort is much better than TPAB

S. 80 8/10
GKMC 9/10
TPAB 10/10
DAMN. 9/10

>lackadaisical

Now that's a nice word you don't hear or see that often

Personally, I felt it was more of a 9.2 BNM, but that's just my opinion.

>Section.80 - 7
>GKMC - 8
>TPAB - 9
>DAMN. - 6

YG is doing it but better. His first two albums have been way better than anything Kendrick has done except maybe GKMC

dubs tell the truth