Anyone have any personal stories of them or someone they know hitting rock bottom then completely changing their lives...

Anyone have any personal stories of them or someone they know hitting rock bottom then completely changing their lives around for the better? If so, how does one initiate the change?

You aren't rock bottom if you are posting on Sup Forums.

I hit rock bottom
I didn't turn my life around
I just stopped giving a fuck

>do shit
>fail miserably
>lower your standarts
>fail mediumly
>up standarts
>do shit again
repeat

Still waiting for the turning around part

Trolling?

Find your soulmate Homer.

This is just your memory. I cannot give you any new information.

-"The Man In Black”
Johnny Cash
(as a spirit coyote)

Such a good episode.

> Find your true calling
> fight to liberate us all from capitalist alienation

If only there were more of them like it airing these days, huh? Why is it still running? Do you know?

Yeah seriously.
Fox owns the rights until 2060 or something. Until they deem it unprofitable. It is getting pretty close as each episode has less and less views since season 15.

Hey OP I am not sure about rock bottom because of my own doing but I'm an engineer at a space company.

Will post up a summary, hold up.

Space Sup Forumsro here. So basically I come from a family of addicts, father is well off, siblings are complete brat assholes who have habits. So I was drinking alone many nights, ex broke up with me, had my father's place to stay but he was abusive and only half finished my degree that he had paid for to that point.

Felt like I couldn't finish it because I was too proud to ask for assistance to finish it from the dickhead and far as jobs etc went was going nowhere. Pretty much wasted away what money I had and was sitting around without the means to do anything more than your average Sup Forumstard stoner.

Making a comeback isn't an all in one go thing, it's discipline. You have to apply yourself to work your way up the chain. I started out by doing a small community college maths course to cover what I'd failed when attempting my engineering degree; every night I smashed out a bit of work. I still felt shit but it was something to hold onto and hope for, I got better at maths, got competent and was getting great marks. This had a great boost on that feeling of hopelessness in that I no longer felt incapable so searcher around for my next step.

Like Troy McClure once said of the family:
"Who knows what crazy adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?"

Do you have personal favorite episodes or seasons of The Simpsons?

Start sucking dicks

*searched, fuck my spelling.

Anyway from there I put my efforts into getting back into completing what I started. The short of it is the motivation and proof that I wasn't tarded from that course provided the means for me to secure a government loan and get out doing crappy jobs to cover living.

I hated every minute, never had any free time. Hated, HATED everyone around me but I was working towards a greater goal and knew even if I stopped I'd be no better off in that everyone would still be a piece of shit prick; I just had to be the more educated and triumphant piece of shit. So forged through it, kept up the pace and doing really well in my papers. Work sucked but I was still the hardest working most respectable sack of crap there so had that to hold to my name.

To go up from rock bottom you will have to rely on your inner strength. If you are weak, hitting rock bottom will crush you and you will not be able to bounce back, you will pretty much hover near the bottom.

If you are strong and motivated, hitting rock bottom will be the best thing that have ever happened to you. You will do everything to bounce back, work hard, study hard if you have to. Pretty much you will do everything in you to have a better day tomorrow.

For me I look back at those days I hit rock bottom and I do not forget the moments I went through to come out on top. They serve as a memory and made me stronger than 95% of the people. Just remember to keep your head up and have a concrete plan of what you want to achieve, and what you have to do in order to achieve it.

The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase was hilarious. VA for Trent died so we'll never hear such wonderful lines such as "The erotic awaking of S" and "The erotic adventures of Hercules."

Seasons 1-10 are my go to for favorite seasons. However 11-20 have their really big highs. Even the newer ones can sometimes get a laugh.

Pretty sure my favorite is "Bart on the Road" S7E20

What about you?

During my time at university I carried teams that refused to help. Not because I wanted them to succeed on the back of me but because I wanted to reach end game and I was stuck with the asshats. Everyone around you is a flaming sack of shit, doesn't matter if you're broke or rich as fuck; everyone else takes the easy outs. Every small success just built my self confidence and I built an ego around it just so I could push myself harder to hold up the front of not hating every minute of life.

First post, best post.

This guy gets it.....

Also I pushed myself as a person, I'm super chill for the most part, easy going. For my final year project I got paired with a complete dickhead, did no work at all the entire time and I managed to secure going to an international competition to compete with the stuff I'd created. This dickbag was talking it up to a reporter saying he did all the work and basically outright lying and being a tool; I beat that fuck then and there during the competition. Self respect and standing for something is a big deal for mental health, you'll regret not doing some stuff more than actually acting out on impulse and that was one of those times.

Anyway graduated and all that. Straight out of university I used the momentum from getting an award at that competition to hit up a local space company looking to see if they could use my skills. They basically said they wanted to chat and I went for an interview, hired on the spot.

Now I'm paying off debt and doing ballin ass work on space vehicles. I've cut short a lot of details but the TL;DR is:

>Work your way back up using smaller goals to step to larger ones
>Don't be afraid to leave people behind that hinder your journey, haven't talked to my family in years
>You are not above pleb work, you can simply be a god level pleb to stand out
>You'll likely have to change things about yourself to be successful, be self reflective and improve.
>Don't take shit from anyone
>Enjoy the little things when you get time, keep yourself mentally healthy

Hope this helps OP.

Cheers to that

>dont take shit from anyone

Thats some terrible fucking advice
The one thing i have learned over the years is to actually take the shit some higher ups give you.
If you dont, they will simply find another one who will

The Spring Break episode, a nice choice. Knoxville, Tennessee is where they're stranded in and bully Nelson likes the music of Andy Williams.
Obviously, the first half of the series is more favorable to me than more recent years. But I really think the drop-off in the series' quality can be linked to when the animation of episodes was beginning to be done or aided with computers in '03 or so.

Fav ep of mine? When the kids used Grampa's name to write I & S episodes. Hope you're still here, user.

Old seasons are still airing and worth rewatching, same goes for Family Guy and South Park. Eventually the passion and drive that made the show great is lost, new people come in, there's no direction anymore and the just push out new content to keep the money flowing. My own thumb rule is to just stop watching when it starts getting bad so I don't ruin the memory of the show, for simpsons that goes for everything after season 18.
Imo the worst thing that ever happened to the show was moving away from traditional animation and using stale and soulless cgi.

I hut rock bottom wegen i lost my job, my apartment and my 10/10 gf.
Was homeless for 4 months and before that happened I sorted a few things out to get the balls rolling before getting kicked out.

Lived sparingly staying at an old customer's house till I could get in the shelter and recovery place in my hometown.

Been working myself up the ladder all 2016 proving my counsellors and the county office that I am not a loser and I want to learn and work more and hard and take it up a notch or two.

Now I got my own apartment and a job to cover the basic costs while paying my €8k debt. Gonna move up again getting a better job.

Tl;dr :
Whenever a man is, says I, a man can do for himself!

Well fair point actually, don't take unnecessary shit from dumbcunts might be the disclaimer here. In context I more meant quit being a little bitch to people who have no right to tell you anything let alone put you down; best course of action is to put em in the dirt.

I got some stories, but i don't know how explain it 2 u, couse i'm slavic scum, who don't know english at all

Does it also sound to you as if the voice actors are mailing their performances in, if not phoning it in?

Bump