Hey Sup Forums I want to quit smoking. Any advice?

Hey Sup Forums I want to quit smoking. Any advice?

Yes I'm fag that smokes fags. Now I'm trying to decrease my faggotry you cunt.

its all mental fortitude, just quit

stop making excuses and being some weak minded fuckwit

Dude that quit in 2013 here, you'll quit it if you want to do it

I know it's mental fortitude. I want to get the nicotine out of my system as fast as possible so that I can start the proper withdrawal. How to speed up getting to the shit part. I want to try cold turkey.

People that live to be over the age of tend to rack up huge medical expenses. This puts strain on federal health care and ends up costing a lot. Since we are only just coming out of a recession I have to advice that you do not quit... and die.

Do you have any cravings still?

I quit cold turkey about a year ago. Several attempt before that with aids(gums/patches etc) at the end I was tired and found that you just have to be mentally strong and not give up. Have something that scares you each time. Of course there were moment I almost stopped quitting, had ciggarette in my hand ready to light up; but my fear kept me going. I have a wife and I was scared I would one day cough up blood and that would be the end of my life.

they do come up occassionally, but i also developed a new OCD like thing in which i constantly exhale to prevent imaginary tobacco smoke going into my mouth lel

everything worth it man, i stopped right before I developed full COPD and close to a heart attack (doc says), i would suggest you to do it before its too late

once you get lunch cancer, half of your lung is dead. the cure is to prevent. quit cigarettes now

>lunch cancer
x)

I already quit a year ago user, couldn't be happier atm.

I live in South Africa. Health care here is privatised for the most part

Dude a total stop is an efficient way to definitly stop smoking. Couple it with running sessions.
The first one is hard and you can be upsey by your stamina.
The second session is the hardest one. So YOU have to do it no mattet what.

The third is the one where you have to do better than the previous one.

Don't forget that fags are drugs, uou have to compensate the dopamine one way or another. Running sessions or any sport is PERFECT to remplace cause i GUARANTEE you will think twice before smoking after thoses sessions.

Also you have to find a psychologic trick to make your brain forget about the "habit" of holding a cigarette.
It seems pretty stupide but the habit is the number one reason of why you are smoking.

In other words you have to be...

I do a lot of run and guns. You think that will help. I do it in full gear with a couple kilos of ammo and a full length rifle.

Damn bruh. Why though.

Give up? Cuz it fucking sucks. I can smell myself all the time.

At least you're still at the stage when you can still smell yourself - I smoked for 24 years, and it was only when I quit (four years ago) that I realised how fucking awful I must have smelled.

Whatever method you use, try to at least stick out the first couple of weeks, as after that the health benefits start getting pretty obvious and give you that extra kick to keep going. It's damn hard for most people, but it gets better. If you fail, just try again, eventually you'll do it.

move to australia where the cheapest shit is 25 a pack

Spotted the non smoker

ValeVape man. Haven't smoked a cigarette in a month

I'm thinking of it but I'd rather cut out nicotine completely

Yea man worked for me too. Smoked for ten years, started vaping, quit cigs in two weeks, quit vaping after about a year.

I want to quit smoking really bad, but Im a med student and everytime I try to do it I get some kind of anxiety and it makes it hard for me to study. Any advice?

Same for me. 10+ years, started vaping in December fully quit smokes on New year's day. Working on dropping my nicotine level to 12mg now.

Smoking is only good because you're an addicted to it.

Rationalize it.

Get rid off romanticizing the act of smoking.

You'll need at least three weeks without nicotine to start or have a significant change on your brain pathways so if you relapse after this time (+3 weeks), smoking will be pleasant psychologically more than a physical relief.

Nicotine replacement works but first you have to get rid off the idea that smoking is somehow good for you.

/thread

Do x country running. Builds willpower. All you need to quit is willpower. Every mile is +1 willpower. You gotta level that shit up.

For me I puff like a smoke machine just calculate how much you'd spend on weed a year and save it up so you can just smoke like ALL the timr

start working out, and doing cardio. and fucking commit to that
you'll realize really quickly the impact that they have, i went from smoking a pack a day to 2 or 3 a day in about a month after i started lifting again. After that just grind through it, the first month or so is hard, but eventually you'll be fine
find something else to do in your free time though, for me the hardest part of quitting was finding something else to do in the time between classes, driving, etc

Don't believe the bullshit. Life's too short, do what you like while you can.

Don't buy them.Works Everytime

>I do a lot of run and guns.
Nigger detected
This worked for me too
You can get 0 nicotine juices but weaning off maybe more successful. I'd recommend not using tobacco flavor juices, I eventually relapsed and couldn't get through 1 cigarette because the taste was so foul, so it wasn't much of a relapse. Do a little research on the juice you're getting some have flavourings that are just as carcinogenic as tobacco, like natural cinnamon or one of the ones for cream flavouring which is used to make butter yellow. Avoid dekang juices there processing etc is so low quality you may add well just continue smoking

i'm vaping at 3 mg and all is fine and well, but i can't get myself into dropping it into 0.

if i vape at 0 i will still feel like i need the nicotine and will feel unsatisfied

Smoking doesn't cause cancer. If it did, everyone who smoked would have it. They don't.

Smoking can increase the risk factor you already have. If you have none, no increase.

Plenty of non-smokers get cancer, lung included. My mom, for example. And plenty of life-long smokers die of old age.

My grandmothers family all died of cancer. None of them smoked.

My grandfather's family all died of old age in their 80s. All of them smoked.

Risk is a fact of life.

Stopping isnt that hard, not starting again a few months down the line is, my personal quitting choice is nicotine gum but I believe it has shitty rep because people chew it like regular gum and then go into nicotine shock, chew it once or twice and then store it under your lip, basically just clean snus.

Wont work youll go crazy, i stopped smoking one cigarette less each day i used to smoke two packs in 5 days stopped down to one cig a day, stopped completely. Feel a lot better too, it really is a mental fortitude. Try replacing smoking with something else, like drinking. Im an alcoholic but at least i stopped smoking.

Quitting sucks. There is no "easy way". You just have to stop being a faggot and stick to it. Stay occupied, boredom and alcohol are like the biggest triggers. There's no headaches or feeling like shit it's seriously 100% mental. Read Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking. Seriously, it works. If you're a huge faggot then switch to vaping to fill the crave.

Patches are working for me, I'm on step 3 and even am starting to forget to put one on in the am.

Risk factor is never none, cells are always splitting and everytime there's an error it's basically a cancer cell, but you need a cluster of cancer cells to form a proper cancer. Smoking for over 10 years will effect your cells and cause them to fuckup more

Ask yourself "Am I a little bitch? Do I REALLY need to rely on nicotine? I could be struggling to fight in war, or living in absolute poverty scrounging for my next meal, quitting is cigarettes is nothing compared to that"

>Hey Sup Forums I want to quit smoking. Any advice?
Stop smoking, stop buying fags, stop putting them in your mouth and stop lighting them on fire. Stop inhaling the smoke.
Just stop, it's that simple.

This 100%

You just need to break through it and do it for ~2 days of hell and you'll be ok. You can also mix the 3 and the 0 50/50, it'll equate to a 1.5 and work towards lowering and lowering bit at the end of the day you need to get the last of the nicotine out of your system.

moffie

Dude eat apples, I've told this to everyone that has asked. I used it myself.

Go to woolworths, buy a kilo of apples of like R15, and every time you need to have a smoke, go outside with an apple and eat that instead.

It satisfies the hand to mouth movement, and I'm sure the constant shitting it brings with eating that many apples makes the nicotine leave the body quicker.

Worked for me, was a smoker for five years

>everytime there's an error it's basically a cancer cell

No, it's just a mutated cell, with cancer as one possible outcome.

Without mutations, no evolution.

Well, still more likely to die of cancer than become an X-man through smoking