OMG THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED 20 YEARS AGO HAPPENS AGAIN TO NEW CHARACTERS BUT THIS TIME THE CAMERAS ARE HD QUALITY

>OMG THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED 20 YEARS AGO HAPPENS AGAIN TO NEW CHARACTERS BUT THIS TIME THE CAMERAS ARE HD QUALITY

How can anyone defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q72wbwbjpxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=girSv9UH_V8
io9.gizmodo.com/movie-review-blair-witch-is-the-amazing-sequel-you-nev-1784170295?rev=1469283183137
youtube.com/watch?v=DnjT-mndaJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there weren't niggers in the original and we need to correct that

>muh 'spiracies
back to pls

Critics are all pretty impressed and hyping up a new kind of twist, that people haven't seen before.
So you could simply wait for the movie to drop and watch it or post retarded exaggerations in capslock on an iranian kiddiefiddler board.

They are remaking Blair Witch?

Why tho?

the thrill is gone, baby

this time they will actually show something tho

It's a sequel.

>let's remake the pioneer of a sub-genre even though it's tired and everyone hates it

Who thought this was a good idea?

the guy who's "writing" this is also writing the i saw the devil remake. he likes remakes.

>tfw you will never punch mike in the face

my biggest take away of the movie was literally how much i hated mike

It's a sequel, but the movie is about a new group of kids going looking for the original group of kids. I could not think of a less exciting premise if I tried.

Meh, that is all.

well he also wrote You're Next and The Guest which are fucking dope and imo I Saw The Devil could be improved upon

Found Footage films are one of my favorite genres so I cannot wait to see this!

If you want to watch a 10/10 horror found footage film then look up "The Taking of Deborah Logan."

It scared me shitless.

>Warning the picture is from the 3rd act and may pose a spoiler. I posted it due to how creepy and disturbing it is. Definitely something I haven't seen done in a film before this way.

Also speaking about spoilers: the "Taking of Deborah Logan" happens an hour in the movie which makes me wonder why the hell did they call it this?

The basic plot is about an old women suffering from dimentia. That's all you need to know as the viewer going in. It does a brilliant job at just getting more and more terrifying every 10 minutes.

The original was good because they didn't show anything, desu.

>checkout RottenTomatoes
>48% users like it

Hmmm

Started watching that movie but didn't finish. I will give it another shot.

I'm just not big on found footage movies.

>The Taking of Deborah Logan
thanks user

>he goes to RT

>mfw no one remembers this
It wasn't as good and definitely wasn't as scary as the first.

What made the first so frightening to me was just the idea of bringing forever trapped in a forest, knowing that at night you are going to have to try and survive while a witch is after you. I love that you never saw the witch in the original. It was a great movie which made good use of sounds and atmosphere.

why would they repeat that then?

you've already seen the movie where they don't show anything. let's go nuts this time and show everything.

I hated it. Boring. I don't even remember if it was clichéed. It really is that immemorable.

I watched this movie before even looking at RT and I definitely would give it a 65%.

It is so much better than M Night Shyamalan's The Visit and believe me it is terrifying.

>original movie is scary because it doesn't show the witch
>HEY LET'S MAKE A SEQUEL 20 YEARS LATER AND SHOW THE WITCH

I swear people who makes movies are legitimately impaired

no definitely watch to the end. The old women just keeps getting more and more creepy until as you see in the image. It pays off watching.

Oh yeah, this was a thing.

NO WAY
are you kidding me?

>20 years later we get Twin Peaks Season 3
>20 years later we get a sequel to Blair Witch
What a time to be alive guys

Why would they do anything at all? money.

I'm saying there shouldn't be a sequel at all. What worked for BWP was showing almost nothing and having absolutely killer sound design.

A sequel isn't going to be good just because it shows more of what's going on. In fact, it will almost certainly be worse for it.

The age of film is dead.

I never finished the movie though, yet I bought it cheap because it came with a bonus disc of the movie's soundtrack

>the good old early 2000's rock and metal soundtrack

I still love this metal rap song which was used in Uwe Boll's House of the Dead. Something good which came out of this movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=q72wbwbjpxQ

Also when the guy tells the captain to shoot the zombie while someone else is being attacked and the captain replies "That's what I am trying to do you fucking moron!"
I found that bit cool in this movie.

Yeah fuck this.
>Dat trailer
OMG STICK PEOPLE
OMG SAME HOUSE
OMG SAME CHARACTERS

Fuck off.

I thought it was ok, goth girl is best girl.

I bet it's ayy lmaos

>Wingard has said he's always wanted to make an alien movie
>scene in the trailer shows weird lights coming from the sky
>one review said there's some scifi in it

i'd actually love it if it was aliens because im a sucker for all things alien related but I could see it pissing off die hard fans of the original (which I'm not)

>Not posting the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=girSv9UH_V8

The reveal that this was made in secret is pretty awesome, but I am severely underwhelmed by the trailer.
>This looks familiar!
>We've been walking in a circle!
>Stick totem things appearing
>Finding the same house from the original

Why the fuck do modern remakes/reboots/sequels do this? It was scary 20 years ago because we hadn't seen it before. Just replaying those beats again isn't going to fucking work.

Never mind Blair Witch, VHS 4 when?

Why is Sup Forums leaking into Sup Forums? Get out of here with your racist bullshit

For sure gonna be taking some 5 or 6 to see this and get that butter coated handy.

>that trailer
And a hearty shrug was had by all

review are saying it's 2/3 remake of the first movie and supposedly in the final act the movie gets fucking insane or something

>Wanting another V/H/S after V/H/S/ Viral happened

Yikes

the original sucked because you didn;t even see the monster at least now they will have some decent CGI so they can make a proper scary film instead of letting the audience do all the work by IMAGINING it was a scary film LMAO

>not wanting another one

Like your theory. Which review said there was some scifi in it? Those bright lights at the end of the trailer definitely were something different...

VHS 3 was actually a really good movie. The weakest story was those kids killing the zombie skeletons in the desert which was just mediocore.

Otherwise the guy who built a portal into a parallel universe, the opening with the serial killer magician. That was all gold stuff.

Go and buy the Canadian Blu Ray release. It contains an extra story which was cut from the film.

2 Blair 2 Witch

Are you 12

You right here is what is killing cinema.

>We must show the monster to the audience so let's CGI it
No no this is what kills a movie. This is why The Babadook is rated one of the best recent horror films because it kept the monster in the shadows, we only saw it briefly but never fully in the light as a CGI crapfest as so many movies do nowadays.

This reads like a youtube comment

Thank god you're not working in Hollywood. That's the kind of logic that launched a million shitty sequels.

Judging by his lack of punctuation and referring to the witch as a monster, I would say yes. He probably hasn't even seen the original.

>Liking the serial killer magician
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
The concept was fine but the found footage brought ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to that story and made no sense as to why it would exist in that medium. The parallel dimension one was OK-ish but come on dude you have to be better than that to be a worthwhile anthology

io9.gizmodo.com/movie-review-blair-witch-is-the-amazing-sequel-you-nev-1784170295?rev=1469283183137

>Barrett’s script takes so many intriguing but underdeveloped moments from the original film and gives them a fresh, scary context. Nothing is explained per say but things are given a nice expansion. There are even some potential scifi strands that, upon my first viewing, I don’t quite understand, but that doesn’t make them any less interesting.

there's also a shot in the trailer where a tent it pulled up towards the sky so either the woods are attacking them or it's ayy lmaos

Happening

youtube.com/watch?v=DnjT-mndaJE

Nothing gets me hyped up for a horror movie more than seeing "Medium level violence, medium level coarse language" on the cover.

>This is why The Babadook is rated one of the best recent horror films because it kept the monster in the shadows
Bullshit, I've seen it recently and they show the monster couple of times with getting a good glimpse of him

I agree, showing a monster gives it a shape and a form and makes it harder for you to fear, especially if they how it with cgi.

For example, Mama had a lot of good spooks up until they showed the monster then it stopped being scary

most of the VHS movies are crap but they're fun. 2 is the most overall solid and has that Gareth Evans short which is amazing.

t. dumb af niggers

>they show the monster couple of times
They don't, he isn't even real. The Babadook was the kids mom.

Can we not talk about The Babadook?
That movie was overrated as fuck

>t.
Dumb retard confirmed.

>racist

>>>/reddit/

well, Halloween 3 is one of my favorite movies so I guess that explains a lot

>posts a spoiler image
>warns others it's a spoiler
>proceeds to spoil the movie in the next sentence

you fuckwit

>Dumb retard

>in the final act the movie gets fucking insane or something

So, just like the original.

Ebic m8

fuck I hope this is a success so doing surprise sequels to horror franchises becomes a thing

imagine next year they'll secretly drop a new Friday the 13th around Halloween

They're gonna actually show the witch aren't they

the original was good because it was good. not showing anything worked for well for it but that doesn't make "show nothing" a rule

imo Paranormal Activity would've been a much better movie if it subverted post-Blair Witch expectations and went full gross out horror in the last 10 minutes. instead it was predictable and boring. there are diminishing returns for doing the same thing over and over.

I hope people creating new Horror movies instead of relying on the name of famous movies becomes a thing.

this desu senpai

>10 year old
>Watch this movie a group
>Spend night in a forest with just a tarp, some rope and 3 sleeping bags (not enough for everyone).

That was spoopers.

Why is trailer music always the same and shit

*tips fedora

the original has an escalation but can you really not imagine how a movie might get more "fucking insane" than some people running around the woods crying? don't be daft.

>yfw the twist ending is that they are the Blair Witch

Blair Witch was the first found footage film, people even thought it was real for a while. There have been many films like it since but back when Blair Witch was released it was one of the best horror films in years.

>yfw when there is time travel like in Paranormal Activity and all the spooky shit is them scaring each other.

Oh, or surprise us with another Rob Zombie Halloween.

>Blair Witch was the first found footage film
No it wasn't.

>people even thought it was real for a while.
Only complete idiots.

Whatever, kiddo.

if they don't show the witch people will complain about them making the same movie again and how disappointing is that they made a sequel 20 years alter and won't show anything

I always thought Cannibal Holocaust was.

>I don't have an intelligent reply

>a movie nobody wanted
why?

Theorise time

Just how the fuck are these guys gonna get lost and lose their maps/phones this time

technically Cannibal Holocaust isn't fully a found footage movie, only parts of it are FF

>1st movie is terrible and a ripoff of the last broadcast
>lets make a sequel nobody asked for after we got a different sequel nobody asked for

>after the kids are all dead, the camera pans to a lingering woman in a shredded black robe at the end of the film
>she lowers her hood
>"H-Heather?" rasps her OC brother as he waits his turn for execution in the basement
>"Yes, brother, truly I am the Blair Witch now"
>"Noooooo"

are you fucking stupid?

and your mindset is why modern horror is pure garbage. consider offing yourself user

>the last broadcast
I thought I was the only person who saw this movie tbqh

modern indie horror is pretty damn good, can't remember the last studio horror I liked though

>I hope they make another sequel to my favorite horror movieeezzzz

I hope they keep making new horror movies too.

>wanting original horror movies is fedora now
This place is the worst

>wanting sequels to be different from the original movies
>dumb

are you a fan of watching the same movie over and over again

I bet you have Friday the 13th tattoos and think part 6 isn't the best of the series

>racists go away
>ARE YOU STUPID HURR DURRRRRR
Nice