This album celebrated its 25th birthday today. Say something nice about it!

This album celebrated its 25th birthday today. Say something nice about it!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JnHfmnMzPvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like it but it inspired some of my favorite bands
so thanks

My favorite Pavement album but it's close

One of those albums that introduced me to indie/lo fi

I love Loretta's Scars, Perfume V, Here, Zurich is Stained, and fuck it the whole album I'm not going to just list every track

I've seen it posted here so many times I'm grown fond of it, even though I haven't listened to it

Clicked for me about a week ago. Good Shit

You should listen to it. It's actually good

I don't get the appeal of Pavement. Zurich is Stained is a great song though

no one likes Chelsea's Little Wrists

True, I don't like Two States either

The rest are good though

basically any Spiral Stairs song that Pavement made is shit except for maybe Painted Soldiers

WZ > BTC > CRCR > TT > S&E

>Slanted
>worst
triggered

It's good! But not their best

Kennel District, Date With Ikea and Passat Dream are all fine songs. He just couldn't sing worth a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=JnHfmnMzPvQ

love this live performance so much

>You will never be in east london, 1999 seeing out the millennium with pavement

great album

it has a sound that's totally its own

also the way he changed the lyrics to 'jokes are so fucking bad' almost feel like he was having a dig at one of his bandmates as tension was high around this time and this was pretty much the last show they did before they split up

t.know everything about pavement

CRCR is better and I'll fight anyone who disagrees

CRCR could have been so much better than it was. it was literally mainstream bait and was produced with far too much gloss. i feel like an extended version of watery domestic with the best songs from CRCR while leaving out the mainstream bait would have been pretty much the best album ever.' frontwards' is pretty much the pinnacle of pavement and it's the song i send to people to introduce the band to them, but really watery domestic ep is just a sorry reminder of what a great album we could have had. first 3 tracks of CRCR are amazing though very drunk sorry if this makes no sense

great album
one of the best bands i bond with my dad over

wowee zowee is the best one anons but we're comparing gold to gold here

i guess if gary young hadn't left the band then it may have been the case, because they literally admit they changed their style to suit the new drummer

yeah wowee zowee is great because it was kind of a natural progression of the mistake that came before, and they made the very best of it, really though CRCR was a mistake

i don't think so but ok man
what don't you like about it?

gary young leaving the band completely JUSTed pavement, its clear when you listen to how superior water domestic ep is to CRCR

because songs like cut your hair and range life just completely suck and they tried so hard to be like nirvana

i really love range life
what nirvana songs does it remind you of? i hear you on cut your hair but i think it's a solid pop song
i'd say malkimus is a stronger lyricist than kurt if that's your angle

range life sucks. i love gold soundz though. range life is just really bland and trying so hard to be catchy, malkmus really thought he had nailed it with that song but he hadn't. and none of their songs sound like nirvana but pavement literally admit they tried to go big like nirvana with CRCR

all i'm saying is CRCR was a mistake, and wowee zowee made the best of that mistake that had been before, wowee zowee was like a gary young album without him in the band if you know what i mean, just with a bland drummer. CRCR just represents a real identity crisis in their timeline imo, if you get what i mean

we dad rock now

someone fucking explain this already

it's bad, but it's not THAT bad

come join us in a prayer

Here's where I'm supposed to say that they ripped off the Fall, but I always thought that accusation was kind of wack. They're so much noisier

they sound nothing like the fall

>inb4 the song that was an obvious homage/glorified cover for them

and then all the later stuff sounds literally definitely nothing like the fall