Explain WHY Sup Forums? WHY???

Explain WHY Sup Forums? WHY???

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3f7PtKACuc
searchengineland.com/google-bing-is-cheating-copying-our-search-results-62914
law360.com/articles/516635/novell-takes-microsoft-antitrust-fight-to-high-court
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because to be rich you must be evil or ignorant of the evil you do.

>Name one billionaire that didn't do something fucked up to get their money.

because this is real life not a fag contest
also
>expecting rich people to care about plebs

Because Batman has PTSD and Peter Pan syndrome. And super ninja/rambo training.

Bill?

Because it's dangerous, expensive, illegal, and you'd only be able to do it for a couple years even if you had the PERFECT genetics, training, and mindset?

Look, DC canon may say batman isn't superhuman, but if you look at his skills/feats, he has done some straight up superhuman shit, not least of which is constantly getting hurt, never resting, and somehow staying healthy.

Bill Gates, I'd think.

JK Rowling? She just writes books.

They also need to be capable of fighting tho so I think Bill is out. Too old.

She promotes war and violence; finish the series dude.

Plus the most ridiculously OP plot armor in the history of fiction

Bill gates? You mean the guy who stole the GUI from lexmark? Or how about how microsoft got in trouble for trying to kill off all other web browsers?

Anyone who has ever sold a website to google, or patented a useful invention.

>imagining jk rowling as batman

becauase bullets hit/kill you instant instantly. they hit you before you hear the bang.

also there are no high tech gadgets

Batman beats up poor and mentally ill people for fun. Real billionaires pay security firms and police to do it for them

Very few patents are done by actual people. Most are done by corporations and cause more harm than good.

What sucks is the only thing holding back technology these days is batteries.

It's pmostly a matter of time and training. Consider that Batman would be able to beat any MMA fighter in the world, and these are guys who train every day for years to get as good as they are, spending every spare iota of energy and thought on getting better at their craft, and that's just ONE example of the people Batman has to beat at their own game.

So Batman has to be on their level, while also being on the level of the world's best detectives, forensic scientists, criminologists, psychologists, actors, engineers, chemists, and tacticians. You could spend 8 years studying any ONE of those disciplines, and not have everything down yet.

And he needs to master them all.

So, you have a person whose window for the physical shit is going to be about 15-35, who has 50+ years of study to get through, and a window about 1-3 years wide to actually perform as batman one he gets going, because being in combat and getting hurt every day fucks up your health really, REALLY damn fast. Read stories about soldiers who are in extended battles lasting weeks or months. When they come back, they're beaten to shit, even if they have no direct injuries, and it takes quite a while to recover.

>le fat pig man with tophat may may

He just said name a billionaire who hasn't done shady shit to get rich, and I was naming the two best I could think of.

capitalist pig spotted

No, squirrel girl takes that cake. A normal teenage girl who can beat Galactus in a fight is the paragon of plot armor.

The guy whose company made its money through unfair business practices and stealing from other companies?

Warren Buffet?

Citation needed.

You're getting too real here, memes only please.

+got rich by taking government MIT developed technology and patenting it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.

For starters.

See

>Bill gates? You mean the guy who stole the GUI from lexmark?
Nigger, do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Because Batman is just a fairytale and actual billionaires live in real life.

Okay, that's an antitrust lawsuit.

The main issue of the case is Microsoft winning the browser wars back in the day, and then not giving the little guys legal access to Internet Explorer unless they wanted to pay to work with/on windows. This wasn't some hand wringing, cackling evil plan to shut down the industry, it was everybody buying microsoft's shit because it worked best.

Because Batman is a contrived character that wouldn't work in real life? Elon might try for Iron Man. At least that design makes sense since his weakness wouldn't be "literally anyone with a handgun and aim".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3f7PtKACuc

>Elon might try for Iron Man
Iron man doesn't really work from a science standpoint either. You'd need extensive modification to your organs in order to not just die from the G forces when rapidly changing speed in flight.

>elon musk goes on his first crime fighting mission
>attempts to land his armor suit
>absolutely blows up on impact, killing anyone within a one mile raidius

I mean, it doesn't need to fly, I figure an exoskeleton and wearable armour would be enough. Or an AI controlling in-flight maneuvers so it doesn't accidentally make Musk soup.

Now THAT is funny.

Size of electric motors too.

>I mean, it doesn't need to fly, I figure an exoskeleton and wearable armour would be enough.
Again, doesn't work too well, because weapons have beaten armor in that particular technology race. There's really no armor that can't be punched through with the right weapon. When things get too thick for ballistic weapons, you just start using anti armor missiles.

Antitrust, i.e., unfair business practices, like I said. Don't forget the EU fined them a shit ton of money for unfair business practices as well. Here they are stealing search results from Google:
searchengineland.com/google-bing-is-cheating-copying-our-search-results-62914

Microsoft also settled out of court with Caldera in 1996 for unfair practices.

Microsoft got busted by Sun for releasing its own flavors of Java.

The only reason MS Office eventually overtook Novell's office suite is because MS disabled APIs third party software vendors relied upon just months before Windows 95 was released, while still keeping those APIs available to its own competing products: law360.com/articles/516635/novell-takes-microsoft-antitrust-fight-to-high-court

And so on and so on.

That's interesting, didn't know that. I'll be viewing microsoft a little less favorably from now on.

So I guess it's down to JK Rowling to be batman.

Wait, who is he supposed to be going against? I'm picturing the usual criminals with glocks and shit. Maybe a high-powered rifle or two. Unless he's gonna be going into some African warlords shithole I'm not really expecting RPGs.

There can only be one Batman.

>Unless he's gonna be going into some African warlords shithole I'm not really expecting RPGs.
He has to go to third world shitholes. If he tries that shit in the US the Airforce or Army will kill him so fucking fast, ditto for most advanced countries I'd guess. I don't know where you're from, but around here we get touchy about people running around gunning down criminals in the streets. That's what cops are for.

Actually, there have been five that I can think of off the top of my head.

Why even make it a suit? Just build a bunch of drones and be a remote vigilante.

Don't forget that Microsoft also funded a lawsuit by SCO in an attempt to eliminate the Linux operating system (which Ballmer called "a cancer"), and in 2012 Microsoft was a top contributor to Linux mainly because it stole a bunch of open source code in writing its hypervisor software, was caught, and so then was forced to contribute its code back to the kernel under the terms of Linux's open source licenses.

Now I'm picturing Musk having an over-the-top Deathnote montage of him killing hundreds of criminals a night with an army of drones. Thank you for that.

If Musk builds a fleet of drones they're probably going to be spying on actresses, not fighting crime. Musk is... Weird.

lamest shit ive ever heard. imagine a superhero assasinating dope dealers using small drones with gopros and handguns taped to them

This is ancient knowledge.

It has been long established that past being successful and prosperous, there is a point where your riches indicate you've stepped over others to obtain that amount.

>I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

Rich people have long been recognized as one of the least virtuous groups. The path to extreme wealth and the effect it has on the person who wields it are both well established sources of corruption.

I'm imagining an obese hero.

>Scene where elon is begging the US government to subsidy another XXXL power suit

>JK Rowling
>Billionaire
Are you faggots even serious.

And Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Michael Dell are the worst scumbags-slavemongers that ever existed.

Armor. The best armor money can buy.

Have you seen two Batmen in the same movie?

Because in the real world, Batman would get arrested.

Also it was definitely the real Galactus and not a clone, copy, or simulacrum.

Are you retarded? She was the first novelist with titties to become a billionaire.

Okay, so technically she's not a billionaire anymore, because she gave so much of her money to charity, but she WAS a billionaire and is a good person, so she's closer to batman than most.

Because Batman cares about his fellow man. Rich people usually do not.
Yeah because we're just sending so many billionaires to prison for their crimes.

Wasn't talking about movies, I was talking about comic books. Bruce Wayne isn't the only batman.

Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne, Azrael, and Terry Guinness have all been Batman at one time or another.

batman is not a good person. he a reactionary mentally ill sociopath that beats up homeless people as a hobby

>he a reactionary mentally ill sociopath that beats up homeless people as a hobby
>le batman is an uncontrolled monster meme
How about you actually read some batman and THEN make that judgement?

>disregarding Jean Paul's name

Casual.

im not a nerd user i aint reading shit. ive seen the movies and thats enough

Okay, but they're not canon, so you shouldn't pretend like you know anything about it.

most of them are Jewish
most of them support crime
most of them are fucking old
most of them are cowards
most of them are sadistic

but but... user Batman is waaaay cooler.

The beating up homeless thing isn't quite right, but Batman is broken, it's what makes him Batman. The guy hyper-fixates on being Batman, he has cut out every aspect of his life that doesn't facilitate him being a better Batman. He is incapable of having a normal relationship with another person and only cultivates relationships that might one day be useful for being Batman. He's a crazy person. Utterly obsessed with being Batman to the point where everything in his world is bent back to that goal. You can't have Batman without single-minded obsession, a well adjusted person couldn't do it.

>most of them are Jewish
big nosed, black haired, blue eyed billionaire.
>support crime
Batman enables criminals. Gotham's infrastructure isn't looking too good, is it?
>fucking old
Read Dark Knight Returns. Batman keeps Batmanning till he's an old bastard.
>cowards
Well, you've got that one.
>sadistic
The dude beats up poor criminals for fun.

movie batman is more canon than comic book batman. fact

I agree, there's just a lot of nuance there. Is he insane? Certifiably. But some people make it out like he's waiting outside liquor stores to beat up hobos if they come out without a bag over their bottle, which isn't the case. He's messed up, but 99% of the time he channels it towards a good end, so to describe him as an unhinged monster is inaccurate.

Which movie Batman, user?

>more canon
That's... That's not how anything works. Canon is an absolute state. You can't be more or less canon.

Dr. Dre?

The real question is if Martin Shkreli owns a volcano island yet.

Batman sucks really hard. Overrated as fuck

Elon? He's had some shady interpersonal stuff, but no business misdeeds I'm aware of.

le dark knight

Okay, I'm about 75% sure this is bait, but on the off chance it isn't, do you understand what canon means in this context?

Because as soon as you become Batman, up pops a Joker, and then you gotta fight. Fuckin' hassle, man.

Being "WEALTHY" is about having so much money, your managment of that money, and the goal of your life then becomes to keep it.

currency is fiat, aand teh FDIC only allows 250k insured on accounts. So, the best way to keep wealth, and preserve it, is to put large amounts into bond or high-yeild CDs over 10-20-30 years. have hundreds of high-yield savings accounts all over the world filtering their interests into a slush-account(s).

With this kind of wealth, you fractionate expendable parts of it into high-risk investments, into global development or resource rights, into precious metals as a hedge against global collapse - kinda shit.

The last thing you do with this kind of wealth is becomes a ninja that fights crime. If bruce wayne wanted to fight crime well enough, he would would just give his wealth over to an agency designed to produce better static conditions for a community to become wealthy. . . not kill Hench men and risk his own life (and resources) to accomplish a civic task.

The enemy with that much wealth really is the government, as any self-bettering intent to better the community most effectively is never aided in giving money away - when it comes to the government (they tax over gifts of 5k).

How would you know?

>It's pmostly a matter of time and training. Consider that Batman would be able to beat any MMA fighter in the world, and these are guys who train every day for years to get as good as they are, spending every spare iota of energy and thought on getting better at their craft, and that's just ONE example of the people Batman has to beat at their own game.
>So Batman has to be on their level, while also being on the level of the world's best detectives, forensic scientists, criminologists, psychologists, actors, engineers, chemists, and tacticians. You could spend 8 years studying any ONE of those disciplines, and not have everything down yet.
>And he needs to master them all.
>So, you have a person whose window for the physical shit is going to be about 15-35, who has 50+ years of study to get through, and a window about 1-3 years wide to actually perform as batman one he gets going, because being in combat and getting hurt every day fucks up your health really, REALLY damn fast. Read stories about soldiers who are in extended battles lasting weeks or months. When they come back, they're beaten to shit, even if they have no direct injuries, and it takes quite a while to recover.

WOW, this is real shit. This is my level. Thanks

Op here.
You have a point.
Modern batman would have to be seriously trained and intelligent, agile ect.

Tfw you really can train a squirrel army if you're willing to personally train 100+ squirrels from birth

But you can't use them to beat galactus.

Because I am batman. I just need money first so any help is appreciated

probably because retarded power fantasies are an impotent poorfag thing

Barron Trump will become batman

oligarchs just stockpile their money in real estate and precious metals then play golf in dubai most of the time. yer making it sound like theyre living on the edge here

>has autism
>spoiled rich kid
>hates poor people
sounds about right

>has autism
No.
>Spoiled rich kid
Not really.
>Hates poor people
No.

0.5/3

Good try.

fuck off retard .

Still, imagining.

Best be talking about Batman

>whiteknighting barron fucking trump on Sup Forums

the world has truly gone to shit

Yup. I know pretty much nothing about Baron.

No, see