Recently become a member

recently become a member

AMA

(are there any mensa member on Sup Forums?)

Other urls found in this thread:

hrmagazine.co.uk/article-details/lies-lies-and-more-lies-fact-checking-cvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to take the test. Is there a memory section to the test and can you describe it

Why did you join?
On a scale of 1-10, how pretentious are you?

Was a member - measured at 157

went to a meeting and wandered around the website and found is was full of socially-awkward pillocks, pretentious prats and general misfits.

I realised I had nothing in common with any of them, so i resigned. No point in paying the fees, and I have the results, which is what I was curious about.

(cont)
One more piece of advice, OP. Don't put membership on your cv like some of the dumb members do - it just makes you look like a cunt.

Mensa is for people who are a bit smarter than average, but either not smart enough to realize that IQ tests don't mean shit; or insecure enough to need external validation

Here in Mexico, "mensa" means "stupid woman".

thanks for the clue. i've never been interested in joining but i could. last IQ test put me around 165, I believe, but that was years ago. i don't believe i'm that intelligent, i've just always been really good at taking tests.

not really

I filled some online IQ test before. It was harder.

cunt

10, but it will decrease soon.

faggot

congratulations OP, you've been suckered into buying a membership that nobody outside of the org cares about. how smart do you feel now?

Finnfag here, 168 IQ. Met with the community, wasn't my cup of tea. Didn't join, probably wouldn't have been welcome anyway.

It is cheap.
They organize many interesting events, e.g. visiting cool buildings, inviting awesome people.

My first meeting will be on tomorrow.

In a thread on Sup Forums with 13 replies, we have three of the smartest people who ever lived. What are the odds?

Ok, but why?

I joined when I was 14 because I could. Honestly, IQ is dumb. I regret joining. I just did it as an ego boost, and to be quite honest, I don't think I would have gotten the same result had I not taken a ton of fake tests online beforehand. Employers don't like it on a CV, and everyone thinks you're arrogant. If you're smart, put it to use, don't just walk around with your certificate telling everyone as if it makes you superior.

and like another poster said, if you put your IQ or mensa membership on a resume then you'll just be laughed at. your intelligence should be evident in your work, not in some number or bullshit membership.

Define cheap

He just told you why, fucking read.

>last IQ test put me around 165
Don't believe anything off the interwebs, and you need to understand the scale.

The tests need to be supervised, you have to do at least two to avoid language bias and the actual IQ needs a scale to qualify it

Anyone who quotes his IQ without knowing what scale it's measured on is full of shit

My 157 is on Cattell B

>buying a membership
40 dollars per year seems reasonable for me.

This is all true. The IQ tests don't measure what people think they measure. Mensa, as with any group, thrives on increasing membership such that entrance requirements are continually eroded. And its members are often Trump-like creatures.

However, as a adolescent I was in "Junior Mensa" long enough to have met the inventor of the laser, the inventor of microwave ovens, and R. Buckminster Fuller. Those were all valuable experiences that I am still grateful for.

Also a Mensa member here.

Joined back when I was 21 and had a measured IQ of 149. Continued practing and peaks at about 166 iirc. Been busy with work now, and embarassingly enough, I probably couldn't even break 140 now. Sad.

Still go to meetings thoguh for the free food.

And your space program is MASA

minimum age 17
good bye

Yes, go figure.

Here's the certificate, as photographed on my wall in my home office

>IQ around 165
>smartest people who ever lived

who clearly never have heard about normal distribution.

if you meet a girl with blonde hair and green eyes, that is as likely as to meet a person with an iq of 140

but i guess you couldn't be a mensa member

whoops, don't know what happened there.

I'm sure it'll amuse the haters

and here's the letter I received with the results

Smart man.

and the Cattell B equivalents

I'd love to be hated here by morans, but I have to go

nice

>Anyone who quotes his IQ without knowing what scale it's measured on is full of shit

bullshit. i have taken 3 tests in my life. i know shit about any scale or else and i never cared.

>we have three of the smartest people who ever lived
You misunderstand. When a ten-year-old has an IQ of 160, it means he/she is operating at the level of an average sixteen-year-old. Since IQ tests are, by and large, normed to US populations, that means that ten-year-old is just bright enough to be a Republican.

And you didn't quote your IQ either.

>recently become a member
became

>are there any mensa member on Sup Forums
members

Yes.

>Employers don't like it on a CV,
And yet many employers have their applicants submit to the Wunderlic Test, which is supposed to be an IQ test for grown-ups. Police forces in the US won't hire you if you score too highly on that test.

Because when people look at your resume and see you put your Mensa info in there, they tend to think you're a pretentious, big-egoed asshole.

sorry

mensa is full of shit, I'm qualified for it, but I don't see any reason to join that shit,,, I guess my ego is not screaming for attention like a fucking bitch

Seems pretentious as fuck. Even the chairman's name and the name of the location.

You idiots realize that they highly inflate their IQ results so they can garner more members, right? They do make most of their money off of the membership fees.

But you guys are Mensa, you must have figured that out already.

They used Javascript? What retards

and they speak taco

147 IQ mensa Canada member here I just got in after completing the February test in toronto
(I'm also the only black mensa member I've ever seen)
The important question is what the fuck do i even do now
I'm 19 can this help me get hired or is it just for us to circle jerk over the lower IQ?

>had a measured IQ of 149. Continued practing and peaks at about 166
And you get better results when you study for your DNA and field-sobriety tests as well, don't you?

It's Sup Forums everyone has 200 IQ and 8" dick

british mensa, double snobbery

It's 135. First test was at the age of 13 or 14. Last was at the age of 27. The last test i took in the psychiatry because i wanted to know if my life full of drugs and alcohol has fucked up my brain.

as a teenager i was proud of that. now i think of it more as a nice to have thing, but useless if you don't know what makes you happy and stand up in the morning.

and most people would consider my life as shitty. but i am okay with me now. and a lot of my depression resulted out of the thinking "when i am within the top 2% of smart people, why am i always at the bottom of society"

A recent survey for credit reference agency Experian found 71% of firms had encountered "serious lying" on CVs.

hrmagazine.co.uk/article-details/lies-lies-and-more-lies-fact-checking-cvs

At least it is true.

IQ tests measure how well someone can perform on an IQ test. Just like any other skill, you can improve your ability to take IQ tests with practice.

Circle jerk is pretty much it, unless you can afford to travel to their meetings and field trips. Then you get to learn a lot and meet some pretty inventive and fascinating people. But you could listen to those same people talk on YouTube or at Universities when they visit.

>mensa
>too stupid to post pic

also the idea of paying money to someone so they tell you that youre smart, doesnt that seem a little... retarded? and then the idea of someone wanting to do that seems a bit desperate imo. "well, my life kind of sucks but i have this paper that says i smart"

Damn :/ that sucks

fucking kek

IQ 146
Not a member because that's for faggots.

in your case the dick is inside your arse

I have no doubt that that's true, especially since I've known people who have done so. However, just because it's true, doesn't mean they will think highly of you. Someone who puts down they've had years of management experience is more likely to get hired for a management position than someone who puts that they have a high IQ on their resume.

Yeah sure, so many fucking people qualified for mensa on Sup Forums.

Remember kids, just because you're autistic doesn't mean you're intelligent. It just means you're too thick to know you're not.

So at least you have come to terms that you need a $40/year lifetime expense to reaffirm yourself.

I was a member, and I found out that it is filled with pretentious people that still haven't found a way around student loan debt. Then you have the professional autists and the glaring examples of how a high iq doesn't necessarily translate into social intelligence.

The second meeting I attended led to my introduction to some self proclaimed transhumanists and a fellow that wanted to talk to me about the lack of interest in Ayn Rand in our colleges was the result of a conspiracy to dumb down the country.

I have an IQ that qualifies me to join mensa, but I'm not seeing any significant reasons to join other than bragging rights. What are you getting out of it?

Your logic is circular, young friend. But, yes, there is a familiarization effect which, in mental acuity tests, is controlled for by randomizing the questions. Taking the test over and over until your score improves does not make you smarter, it just means that you enjoy wasting your time on foolishness.

so far only one user ITT has offered any evidence of above-average IQ. Mine is over 9000

I agree.

projections are the easiest way to figure someones has hurt feelings.

you may consider this the next time, before you become too edgy

I hope I won't have the same experience.

interesting events? can you give an example?

What would be the point? I know 2 people with an IQ beetween 150 and 160. One is a barkeeper, the other one is a musician and teacher.

And i know around 10 people with an IQ over 135. They all have pretty average jobs and lifes.

Most smart people know that IQ doesn't mean anything. It's about how you life and to be satisfied with what you do. If that is quantum physics or teaching little kids how to read doesn't matter at all.

I felt the same way, and just stopped getting involved with them. Was in Columbia at the time; didn't need to deal with pretentious shits in my personal life as well...

Damn, unlucky. I feel bad for people who join thinking there're gonna become elites and then end up being a person with a high score in an outdated intelligence test and a fancy certificate with a load of fees to pay.

Wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills first.

>paying the fees
lmao, how intelligent can you really be

he didn't pay them

>recently become a member
>become a member
>become
yeah who are you kidding here buddy

I wouldn't say that IQ means nothing. I would say that it accurately reflects a persons abilities to understand and process information. But I do agree that having an above average IQ does not mean a person will be more successful. A motivated retard can go a lot further in life than a unmotivated genius.

Behind the curtain type of tours in buildings, bridges, etc, with the architect. Meetings with famous writers, actors, scientists. Private theatre shows.