Why is no one talking about the new Slowdive album? Souvlaki is basically Sup Forumscore

Why is no one talking about the new Slowdive album? Souvlaki is basically Sup Forumscore.

Personally, I kind of wished that the would pick up where they left of with Pygmalion, but it's still a very good album.

we did already

Yeah it's a great album. The opener is 10/10

Glad someone agrees, I've seen a few people slagging it off which I don't understand at all. It's so beautiful, definitely up there in Slowdive's top 10 for me.

Anyone got a link?

Feel kinda bad about it since Rachel is pissed but whatev

Lol is she really

first 2 song EPIC! last song reminded me of daydreaming (radiohead) a little bit.

its good but the vocals are awful.
7/10 for me

Great album, but I'm not digging the vocals at all. First off, the vocals are way too loud in the mix for a shoegaze / dream pop act. Rachel's angelic singing is gone, and now she just shouts while sounding really tired. Neil now sings like he's a tired old man beaten down by life. Slomo is already my song of 2017, it's the best Slowdive song since 1993. The last track is the only one I don't like. 8 minutes of sombre piano is too much for me, I guess I'm not a very patient listener. Overall, MBV's reunion album was better. Slowdive the album gets an 8/10 from me

It's decent. Personally I tend to enjoy it more when I look at it as stand alone album.

Why is she pissed?

Slomo is the only song of the album that I really like so far.

Vocals needed more Rachel.

I didn't think they were too loud. I thought they were unintelligible - I could make out maybe one line from each song.

wahh we spent 18months on thizz record

They were too loud AND unintelligible imo. I still really enjoyed the album though.

Pissed for normal reasons, I guess. Just didn't want the album to be leaked. I don't really know why musicians get so mad? I guess it hurts their sales maybe, but if it's good enough work then it should speak for itself.

I'd be pissed too tee bee h. Finally release a comeback album after 22 years, just for it to get mercilessly leaked weeks before release. Then again, Slowdive said in interviews that they were excited to release an album in the internet age, so they should've expected this

Just for a Day > slowdive ep > the rest

edgy contrarian: the post

Quads of truth.

>bad vocals production
>extremely simple chord progression
>poor songwriting

nope thanks. i'll stick with Just for a day

>rachel is old now
damn. life really fucks us up

Star Roving is noticeably weak for a Slowdive song and Falling Ashes does nothing for me. That said, I love the rest of the album, Slomo is arguably the best track.
8/10, glad it turned out better than I expected to be honest.