Why aren't we talking about this?

Why aren't we talking about this?
Is this the first Vapor Rap album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oklGRqw0WoM
youtube.com/watch?v=lO04mjdel3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are a perfect example of the plebeian filth spoiling this board with their sad obession with mediocre memerap.

If you seriously think you have any understanding what actual musical art is you need to leave this board right now. Try Pitchfork or Noisey but not Sup Forums. This is a place for true patricians dont ruin it for us because your taste is underdeveloped.

i seriously hope this post is ironic

I listened the other day like "lets see how stupid this fashion rap is" and then after a couple songs I was like "wow this is really stupid but really enjoyable" and I've been throwing it on every now and then ever since.

I think of it like a fast and furious movie, it has little to no value musically or technically or anything like that, but its fun and theres nothing wrong with that.

I can listen to and enjoy so many mindless trap artists from Kodak to Bankroll to Chief Keef, yet I can't seem to like this new mixtape. Is there something I'm missing?

Lol

>Is this the first Vapor Rap album?

He is so little person that even the woman need to squat

The ad-libs are annoying tho

youtube.com/watch?v=oklGRqw0WoM
>tfw you will never hear Magnolia for the first time again

Is anyone else listening to this solely because of Pierre Bourne's production?

>is this the first vapor rap album
huh?
youtube.com/watch?v=lO04mjdel3U

I wanna here Cheif Keef hit on da v a p e

this track should be way more viral than it currently is

been listening for 20 min when does his verse start?

>listening to the tape for lyrics
>not getting turnt to the mindless beats

dont need deep shit but at least some clever rhymes or interesting flow
plenty of rappers have hard beats

he's like 6'3

first off, how can anyone seriously listen to this nigga talk about serving rock / shooting opps when his first rap efforts were as an odd future ripoff.

i challenge yall to name one fucking thing that is unique about carti, besides the "durr his music is just good for chillin man, i can just put it in the background etc" bullshit argument i see on every hip hop forum. you could say that about anyone.

he doesn't need to be on some conscious bullshit like kendrick/joey badass, but there's absolutely nothing interesting about him. fuck, even future and migos are more diverse in their songwriting than carti.

btw whoever uses "vapor rap" unironically to describe carti is a pleb and needs to lurk more.

holy shit

k.

one of the better projects to release this year.

Lame Niggaz, Half & Half, Kelly K, Location, No. 9 are are really great. very good riding music

some people just dont get it

You're not just defending something in spite of it being trash. You're defending it because of it.
There's a huge problem with that.

What is there even to get about this shit? What I got from it was that he forgot how to fucking rap at some point after recording tracks like Holyfield and Broke Boi, and decided he would just use Chief Keef ad-libs to compose entire songs.

>What is there even to get about this shit?
exactly my point my man. its just fun music to turn up with your friends and ride with...you probably wouldnt understand

>some people just dont get it
If you can't describe it, it doesn't exist.

well for me, im not huge on lyrical rap at all. im more into the vibe and overall feel of the music. carti's music makes me feel carefree and fun to a certain extent which is why i like it. im just saying its hard to describe but maybe you get what i mean

It being "just fun to turn up and ride with ur friends" communicates to me that you're chasing the dragon pretty hard and you have pretty bad role models in your life.

ok

Really boring. I'd rather listen to chief keef.

lmao

ok so you're justifying it with a subjective opinion, that's fine, i respect that. it's just that there are a bunch of rappers that go on the same type of beats as carti / have the same vibes, but actually put effort into it and arguably make better music. sure you can just put the album on at a party, let it play through, and it makes a great backdrop, but the only reason carti is where he is today (compared to all the other rappers in his realm) is due to enormous amounts of major label monies towards blogs/general PR to establish him as the frontrunner of the scene. you're essentially parroting what the label wants you to feel/think about carti when you're defending him.

It's not about not liking it, you fucking faggot. If you wanted to jerk each other off about it, you could go to fucking r/hiphopheads. That you like this album isn't what makes you a pleb. That you deliberately misunderstand this point is what makes you a pleb.

I like The Beatles, but you don't need to start a fucking thread about The Beatles because everything that can possibly be remarked on about The Beatles has been said.

tl;dr: Reddit is there for you, nigga

>it's just that there are a bunch of rappers that go on the same type of beats as carti / have the same vibes
id normally agree with you here but the sound on this mixtape is quite different and refreshing from what the other artists have been releasing recently.

hiphop AOTY

just listened to this, so bad, completely forgettable, its sad because i was actually looking forward to his debut project but this is just so boring in every department, theres not a single song on here i would choose to relisten to

this actually looks lit, shame album version was completely lackluster

Playboi carti is complete trash in every aspect, even if you are looking for "haha sick riding music bro" you have fucking garbage taste in that too, not unexpected from a fan of him.

Stop posting this garbage

take that back, turned up the volume, magnolia is quite a banger

this

This. Jiggaboo rhyming nonsense needs to stop being glorified and paraded around as having any artistic merit.

entire thing reminds me of uzi's verse in bad and boujee, garbage
also my black friends told me to cut this shit off within minutes so i feel validated.

I think I might be confusing this album with another but it had a very colorfull cover and back and it had a lil yachty feature I dont think its out yet anyone know the name???

Carti isnt a great rapper but he really knows how to create some really catchy hooks. Also the beats man, blow me the fuck away.
The best track to get into him would definitely be Location

jesus it doesn't get any more mediocre than this.. i mean its not silly bad, just.. boring and forgettable

ugly god - the booty tape

>ahh thanks my g

So you're point is that you shouldn't have posted in a Playboi Carti thread because someone has already made the same complaint as you?

You didn't even sage.

wait is his new shit out already?

fpbp

It really isn't. Shits even weaker than the Fergie trap song. I don't get this dude, I legit listen to shit like Future, Uzi, Yachty, Migos, etc. listening to this dude just feels like listening to the dude that got to hang around all of those people until they let him record some music. The albums so boring, the adlibs aren't catchy, I can't even tell what the hooks are. This shit sucks but it doesn't matter because people will like it just because of his cosigns

Rich Homie Quan dropped a better tape that same day

>he listens to post Thug Quan

jesus christ dude have you ever had fun in your entire life

IN NEW YORK

People still listen to Rich Homie Quan?

this is now a viper thread

Sauce on the semen demon on the left

very very tall

What I think is unique about him is the combination of a higher pitched voice with a Chief Keef flow and its all backed up by some of the best "trap" beats out there right now.

His aesthetics/image is blatantly OF inspired with the trendy streetwear of today,

Does this make him unique?

Not original or game changing at all, but it's enjoyable and also impressive to see how far this kid has come up and I also give him props for his consistency.