ITT: Personal 10/10's

ITT: Personal 10/10's

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bH1x93PoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

didn't know these guys collab'd

>Personal 10/10's

What? All 10/10s are personal.

Duh. Just share albums you think are 10/10's.

All correct, all fantastic

>personal

this album is well known for being a masterpiece, I think it's a 10/10

Nice

Fuck ya user, agreed

The whole band and every one of their songs. m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bH1x93PoA

yo you should check out this album

Unfortunately can't agree.
>Instrumentation: 10/10
>Vox: 9/10
>Lyrics: 7.5/10

11/10, also pic related

Love this album

And this

Massively underrated

Always thought this was one of the weaker KC personally, Islands would be my pick

fuck this is beautiful, thanks OP. Any other King Creosote I should check out? Brings out my inner Scottish roots

i was so hyped when it came out and was actually way better than expected

my negro

Fuck. Yes.

are you scottish? saw king creosote perform at the local arts centre, he was pretty cool

emphasis on >personal

best album of the 00s

Ainda is a 10/10 of mine

Also Amalia Rodrigues's Com Que Voz

good taste!

really doe

It's super good m8

best of the entire genre

Objective 10/10

it's good but not a 10, maybe an 8.5. I love it though, one of my all time favorites

I really want to enjoy the Cocteau Twins but their nonsensical lyrics make the songs feel entirely meaningless.

every 10/10 is personal

This is an interesting perspective.

Do you not like music sung in foreign languages, either?

Not every song with vocals need "lyrics that make sense" to feel meaningful.

Rarely, with the exceptions being languages I intend on learning or those I have already learned, which I suppose would no longer make them completely foreign.
Yes. I'm chalking it up to a personal trait where something that feels meaningful is less so than something that has inherent meaning. It's analogous to abstract visual art, the vast majority of which is formless and bereft of intention. I can appreciate the idea of such art but I'm perhaps too rooted in tangibility to fully enjoy it. Maybe I should experiment with psychedelics and come back to it.

I'd chill with ya'll.

Especially

Diamond Mine really is fantastic

easily

You start xd

I just gave this another go recently and it clicked like a motherfucker. My local record store has had a copy of this on shelves for a while now, think I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow alongside RSD shit. Funnily enough, pic related happened while the band was really into Slowdive.

I prefer Panopticon myself, but Oceanic is fantastic too
my nigger. Bongripper are great.

ALSO FORGOT

Even though I love High Violet's sound much more, the songs here are so consistent in quality (except for Heavenfaced) it's ridiculous. Also best lyrics Matt has put out to date, Don't Swallow The Cap and Graceless encapsulate the "anxious and awkward" type really well.

very nice

Don't care how pleb it makes me look

Guilt Trip though

I wanted to like this album back in the day, but I never could get into it. Loved Morning View, though.

There's literally only one 10/10 album for me, Elliott Smith/s "Either/Or".

But the Mantis half is shit. As far as Pat the Bunny goes, Wingnut Dishwasher's Union's Burn The Earth Leave It Behind is top tier.