Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

playvids.xyz/watchmovies/playnow/76301
youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

beyond what

is there better movie in this modern timeline?

it's star trek, that means more to me then any comic book. I blame Star Trek for Cell phones.

Beyond the darkness, you dense m8?

typical "chaotic smug villain tries to take down institution all by himself with an impossibly convoluted plan seemingly put together at random because it was by the hack writers that involves getting himself caught" Dark Knight wannabe, just like Skyfall

it's okay till they free the crew, then it's a trainwreck of cliches and "ohmygod really" scenes

DON'T YOU DARE TALK BAD ABOUT SKYFALL

but what would you do? Have diplomatic missions oh wait you must be a DS9 fan...

it stunk
5/10
JJs movies were decent action movies with weak plots, this just felt like one of the worst TOS episodes

>felt like an episode
That's why I liked it.

I really liked it, I never watched any of the Star Trek TV shows but I get why a lot of fans hated Into Darkness with the whole cramming in Khan stuff. Easily the best of the three movies to come out. Beyond>Star Trek> [POWER GAP] Into Darkness.

Overall I can't stand it.

Got out of the theaters JUST and what a load of shit.
It was dumb all over, just plain dumb.

>Epic music defeats an entire armada
>Cringy one-liners
>Villain somehow gets up to the atmos circulation system in a minute despite being on ground
>No fucking authentication or security protecting a direct access port to the installations circulation system

And what the fuck are phazers even supposed to shoot? It looks like pulsed lasers or some form of plasma yet it can apparently shatter windows as if shooting a bullet.

Sad I wasted my money on this shit desu senpai

'Twas good. It finally felt like a real Star Trek movie.

>Epic music defeats an entire armada
>Cringy one-liners

And now it's time to remind you that as much as TOS had episodes like "Devil in the Dark", "Balance of Terror", and "City on the Edge of Forever", it also had episodes like "A Piece of the Action", "The Trouble With Tribbles", and, of course, "Spock's Brain".

Thunderdome

I unironically liked it when Sabotage saved the day

Surfing that wave of exploding drones was pretty tits I have to say.

Literally just came back from it. Fucking loved it.
This is a proper fun movie and because it doesn't overcomplicate itself. It's not the 'ultimate' epic movie and it doesn't have to be. It's just good storytelling with great characters and fucking amazing visuals. Made me grin like an idiot when they turned on the beastie boys song

Best Trekfu coming through

She was surprisingly okay, but not the best.

It was like something out of Macross.

Is that a bad thing?

watching now
first 24 mins "ok"

>browsing Sup Forums in the cinema
lol

>cinema
you stupid fuck

sho' is summatime

You proved yourself right.

i'd rather watch an actual episode. ur a pleb

RIP in peace enterprise again

Why does Rey look so pale?

Better than Into Darkness

I don't know why it's bombing so hard

It's not a Star Trek movie unless the Enterprise gets blown the fuck up

Did they initiate a saucer split?

kinda

also, finally the waifu arrived

Not in my book. Macross is glorious.

The reboot movies are complete garbage
They're literally just star wars movies with a star trek coat of paint

they are fun though

technically they're not reboots

What do you mean, bombing? The movie was expected to make between 50 and 60 million in its opening weekend, and right now it's looking like it will close out with $56 million, exactly what was expected.

link?

Last number I saw was 45mil

My bad

im liking it so far

The first two were.
This one feels more like the show.
Hell, the plot uses Enterprise lore as a lynchpin.

its a rough cam but that doesn't bother me

playvids.xyz/watchmovies/playnow/76301

thank you

How can you like watching it in such shitty quality

i dunno
i dont mind is all

But... he didn't get caught. He lost his army, sure, but he didn't intend for that to happen. After that he landed and tried to complete his mission alone. He also wasn't very smug about it, in general Krall was angry and hateful.

Unless you read the title wrong and think this is Star Trek Into Darkness.

the girl is basically garona

kirk and chekov both have the cool jackets

the patricians trekfu

The movie was decent but had serious pacing issues. The first half felt overly drawn out, and the second half just sort of happened.

Nolan tier exposition felt hackneyed, but considering the audience they're pandering to it was probably necessary.

The worst offense was when Edison jumps into the gravity slipstream off the building and flies away, and instead of just chasing him, Kirk wastes time calling Scotty to be told what he just did instead of being a bad ass and just jumping without hesitation.

The one liners were piss poor, and fell flat almost all of the time (however, the audience in the theater seemed to laugh at almost all of them.)

That said, the film is visually stunning, and the CGI never felt over done. Karl Urban's performance was great and a real highlight of the movie for myself.

Honestly, I'd give it a solid 7/10.

nice review
i agree

>Karl Urban's performance was great and a real highlight of the movie for myself.
This.
After Jew Jew cucking him out of all his screentime in Into Darkness, jlhaving lots of Bones was great.

I think Kal Urban does a decent job as McCoy but he doesn't come across as Southern or country at all really, just like an actor trying to portray another actor's performance of southern, but hey, that's just my gripe

I thought it was pretty good. I unironically liked the sabotage scene but this movie felt very limited in a lot of areas.
Considering how rushed it was and how alright it turned out, I'd say I got my moneys worth.

Like most other people I'd give it a 7/10

The bad guys in new Star Trek have no motivation.

The last bag guys hate the Federation because reasons.

Still the competition was Ghostbusters and you'd hope this would have a James Bond arc going but its more like its got its fanbase and its not expanding, which is kinda disappointing.

I'm not a sjw cocksucker but did anyone else think that the way they gayed out Sulu really wasn't all that bad.? I mean yeah it felt a little forced but it wasn't like fazers-set-to-fabulous full on gaysian makeout scene or whatever.

yup
that's how the jews do it
they start small
gratz babybrain jew-slave

The only problem I had with the pacing was that the enterprise boarding scene felt way too long.

Kek

Star Trek is a series that parents want to take their kids to see. Its competition wasn't Ghostbusters, it was Ice Age.

did anyone else think this nigger fucking my wife while a jew counted his shekles in the corner wasn't that bad?

Also I have to apologize a bit being that user and I actually looked it up and while Domestic fell about 25M, the Foreign was insane and sent the BO take about 50%. I admit I forgot that.

>apologize
pussy

The best one so far. They need to let Simon write more Trek.
Am I the only one that noticed the TNG font for the credits?

That was so goddamn insane and over the top that i couldnt hate it.

If Khan were in Kirks place he would have gained Krall and said "your crew for my crew" he was too smart not to see the correlations between her and the aliens that attack them. She even flew a ship that looks remarkably similar to kralls in design. He would have given krall an ultimatum, too bad starfleet has him locked up.

It was nice how tame it was at the beginning with him and his husband and daughter but at the end it was just plain stupid to focus on on him as if we are supposed to give a flying fuck who he is. Congrats, you've let Hikaru karate chop your nuggets while fucking every hole but we still don't know your name so .... bye?

Good movie overall. The only part I would have liked is to see the new enterprise refute at the end take on more of an excelsior design considering we are nearing the time starfleet creates them in the prime universe.

She's hot because she's white. Literally.
IRL the actress is black/mulatto hybrid and looks like she should be whooping and holla'ing inside a zoo cage

>I really liked it, I never watched any of the Star Trek TV shows

That's why you liked it

>mfw Yorktown turns it up

Flawed but fun, I don't think anyone will rank it in their to 4-5 Star Trek movies but it was nice to see some new things and the movie didn't get bogged down in dreary bullshit.

>IRL the actress is black/mulatto hybrid

She's Arab-Berber, like most Algerians.

Trouble with the tribbles is the great episode , fuck yourself

Yeah that was heavy handed as fuck

Did his Husband even show up again?

I like the fact that it felt like an extra-long episode of the series and what makes me hate JJ and his gang more is that no one was willing to foot the bill for a Nu-Trek mini-series. Trek in general works a lot better as a series and it's not like the cast is beneath television. It feels like a waste of a movie rather than a bad movie outright.

You don't get it, I totally agree. I love Star Trek TOS, but part of loving TOS means loving even its silly episodes.

And because I love its silly episodes, it means that I don't really see a problem with busting out Beastie Boys to save the day. it totally fits the tone of Star Trek.

be on de movie screen
beyond the confines of mere perfunctory workplace formalities
beyond having a workplace anymore because space termites ate it

>pacing issues
The single most surefire way to tell somebody has no clue about how to write a film review is to check if they make the claim that a film has pacing issues. Idiots and plebs say it to sound like they're some kind of expert with years of editing films.d

Simon Pegg turned Scotty into fucking Poochie.

>IN EVERY SCENE THERE MUST BE SCOTTY
>IF SCOTTY ISN'T THERE THE OTHER CHARACTERS SHOULD ASK; WHERES SCOTTY?

He should be banned from writing desu.

The movie was nice visually. But JJ's first one is best. It lacked finesse, charm and ingenuity.

>fully functioning crashed ship
>super legendary doomsday device of fuck you its magic dont ask.
>no gambits, heists, duels, showing kirk/spock outsmarting opponents
>actual Khan plot recycle but with a terrible villain (who the fuck would even sympathize with lifesucking monster, even a little)
>she never got her vendetta, they just forgot

I dunno if it was the re-write requests from studio execs that made it like this but..yeah...

>she never got her vendetta, they just forgot

holy shit

>>fully functioning crashed ship
If you wrap your car around a tree, your radio might still work.

And this is why we have shit reddit movies

They fucking flew away in it, and it was Krall's ship to begin with, and he just happened to forget where it crashed lmao.

IT'S HIM

>yfw you will live to see starship fights choreographed to rock and pop music in western theaters in your lifetime

So basically stole the ending from mars attacks.
Real fuckn original.

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

the next one will also have chris hemsworth alive again... well, time to never watch these movies again

>one movie did it so no one else can
get fucked

none of these new reboot treks work for me because the actors arent really portraying the original characters, they are doing kind of a mock/homage to the actors who played those original characters.

>Le Lizard Idris Elba's true identity was... *drum roll* Idris Elba.

For fuck's sake, we missed out on Klingons for this. Saying that though, his connection to Archer's era was neat.

Yeah and Mars Attacks stole it from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Did you have a real point or are you just bitching for the sake of bitching?