>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AW3mgjqwHiM
chordgen.rattree.co.uk/?instrument=guitar&tuning=E,A,D,G,B,E&scale=ion&alt=2&capo=3&handed=right&offset=0&fixenharm=on&prefersf=&chord=G&quality=&showscale
soundcloud.com/remainindoors_01/happy
youtube.com/watch?v=tctKvdw9S78
youtube.com/watch?v=2pdpJuX1gDE
youtube.com/watch?v=VkjVvTRP1h0
clyp.it/qpxw1ubj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Telecaster best guitar again

yes. second for Ted Greene as master guitar theoretician.

First for jazzmasters best guitar

if you knew anything about guitars at all you couldn't say that.

Third for Samuel. May he rest in peace.

I play indie emo

Lmao my american vintage jazzmaster is better than your ibanez

Imagine actually being Samuel. Imagine waking up in the morning in your tin shack in a third world shantytown, looking in the piece of shiny scrap metal that you use as a mirror and realizing that you have to spend the next twenty-four hours being Samuel and playing that tenth rate plywood Les Paul through a broken amplifier and pretending to be Ace.

My best guitar is a jazzmaster I'm not even memeing.

>projecting
you can do better than that. I actually own a Jazzmaster but I don't see how anyone could think that's the best guitar design. I won't go as far as to say you're WRONG but it definitely sounds like you don't know much about guitars if you say that.

here we go with the dick waving already

I replied to the wrong person.
meant for you.
YOUR best, okay. I can deal with that.

This. I love it but it's not the BEST guitar. Just great for me though.

pics or it's a Squier vintage modified

What's a good tuning for playing whole tone scales?

EADGBE, but learn to play

I used to have a chinese jazzmaster but i sold it cause i needed money for drugs
Fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=AW3mgjqwHiM

I'm not good at standard tuning, but I'll try

k

Standard works well enough. Or perfect fourths if you want to eliminate the b string anomaly. Or tritone tuning if you want to make it super easy and not have to move up a fret for each string change.

But would you really want to play whole tone scales that often?

Nice

take the stickers off for fuck's sake

Anyone ever heard of Theo's chord generator? I found it when I started on banjo, but it has options in the top left for guitar, mandolin, ukulele, and mandola, but you can pretty much turn it into any stringed instrument with the tuning part so I can even use it on my 7 string. Here's the link, showing off that it can show scales with the basic 7 chords but with multiple versions of each chord, put a capo on it, and shows every note you can use within the scale that you want to work on. Its a really great site with pretty much everything you could possibly need other than some exotic scales.
chordgen.rattree.co.uk/?instrument=guitar&tuning=E,A,D,G,B,E&scale=ion&alt=2&capo=3&handed=right&offset=0&fixenharm=on&prefersf=&chord=G&quality=&showscale

I learned 90% of what I know from this site, only played for about 4 years and I basically strictly improvise nowadays. Seriously check the site out. It doesn't give you any tips so you kind of have to figure it out on your own, but this site has everything you really need in my eyes to become a good guitarist.

leave the stickers on or nobody will be able to tell how cool your guitar is

Thanks. Whole tones are just something I've always wanted to mess with outside of solos, so I figured an alternate tuning would help get me in that mood.

David gilmour used jazzmasters in the 90s

This drives me fucking insane, pricks who have a guitar for 5 years and don't even take the plastic off the pickguard

Which tele is better a 52 or a 62
My dad used to have a 52 but he sold it to buy a car

Got a new guitar today.

maybe that's the picture he took the day he got the guitar?

That's an old picture from when I first got it. I removed the plastic and sticker pretty much immediately. Here's a pic I just took.

ah. I forgot to resize it so that Sup Forums wouldn't flip it.

Is the vibrato guy around?

ok then, you can stay

pretty much the same thing except 60's have staggered pole pieces and might have higher output on average. The guitars themselves, pretty much the same thing.

I dunno man, I wouldn't buy either when so many companies offer 50s and 60s style pickups for cheap.

Ah good to know the 52 one is japanese i think? But its more expensive

Where is your tele

Right behind the JM. It's a copy though.

Looks nice af

what kind of copy? If it's Mighty Mite, Warmoth, or even All Parts it's probably pretty close to USA quality.

Just don't buy a vintage tele, there is no point. Vintage radius fretboards suck and choke out when bending. Guitars that old have issues more than not. Get a new tele for like $150 or $300 or something with a 12" radius and put in a 50s style pickup.

What a dumb thread. Why does anyone here give a shit how the guitar looks? Can't we give each other tips or ask for advice?

>Mighty Mite

I made a Mighty Mite partscaster once, never again. Neck didn't fit right in the neck pocket, kept angling off to one side so the high E was nearly off the edge of the board. Ended up giving the guitar to my brother and never missed it.

You are a fucking baby i use vintage radius strats daily
Fucking pussy

No one cares about advice cuz all we play is shoegaze and u2 songs

Yes; go for it.

>12"
Fucking gross

I have a Mighty Mite Tele with a flawless setup and it's great. I didn't make it myself, but my friend/ best local guitar tech built it for me. All the parts are American.

What? I want to be able to bend without losing dynamic range. I don't need a vintage radius to play chords or to get my thumb around the neck because I don't have tiny trump hands.

Everyone cares what their guitar looks like even if they like to pretend they don't. Looks are important. If you want to talk about playing, no one's stopping you

I dont give a shit about gay bends but i can still pull them off
You gibson fuckers enrage me

It's a 1984 Tokai Breezysound with all original parts (pgraded pots and cap though). The quality is just barely lower than my american jazzmaster but it's on par with most american fenders I guess. The only thing holding it back is the quality of the pickups, they're mid-tier overall. They compress REALLY nicely though with gain so I'm not going to swap them.

The neck is great though, really makes the instrument. Nice small radius, vintage frets. Not usually a fan of flamed maple but I like it on this guitar. Almost as good as a $1500 guitar and I got it for less than half of that.

What's the best way to transition from open keys to harder keys? I've been stuck in E minor, C major, and D major for something like a year. I really wanna learn an easy one like E major or F major but no matter what I do I can't make it sound good.

7.5 inches is the perfect neck radius. I dont fucking understand all these 12 inch bitches and their fag ass metal bends

>bend without losing dynamic range

... what? dynamic range is the difference between the loudest and quietest sounds, wtf has that got to do with the radius? the usual objection to the tight vintage radius is that string bends choke as the string moves across the humpo in the middle of the fretboard, unless you jack the action up high.

>What's the best way to transition from open keys to harder keys
What does that even mean?

pity no one's ever made a guitar with that radius then

He's a little bitch, many guitarrists did god tier bends on vintage strats and this fag says that its not possible, ignore his ass

Every open note on the guitar can be hit within the key. In D major, E minor, and C major the notes E A D G and B are all in those scales, making it really easy to fuck around with.

7.25 > 9.5 > 14 > 10 > 12

Huh. I had somehow never heard of that before.

Gibson has 12"? Anyways you can pull off plenty of bends, but the fact is you can't strum very hard while bending unless you crank your action up to compensate. What that means in effect is that you must play more softly while bending. Reverse bends in particular don't work as well without compression unless you happen to want to play quietly.

It might be nitpicking but I don't see why I would get a vintage radius just to make open chords more comfortable. I'd rather have nice sounding bends without compression or a volume pedal.

I had the radius on this Tele planed down from 7.25 to 9,5 inches, totally transformed the guitar. I hardly used to play it before, now it's in regular use.

I don't get it. You don't have to play the open strings, it's not difficult

Yeah, I've been playing in those three scales for about a year and I've pretty much combined every note and chord together in some fashion so I'm honestly running out of ways to play in those scales, and I really wanna learn how to play E major but since you can't play D or G in that scale, it makes it a little tough to make anything I play sound good.

String bends choke is akin to having lower action when bending. Lower action has a smaller dynamic range before buzzing out.

Got 2 Dingwall Ng-2

soundcloud.com/remainindoors_01/happy Here's one in a mix of mine

youtube.com/watch?v=tctKvdw9S78

this girl playing cliffs of dover like its fucking effortless...

might as well just quit now

t. rhythm guitarist

You're totally right, I don't, but when I play I like to play rhythm and lead at the same time, so open keys make it just so much easier..

Nah dude, that's inspiring. Makes me want to go play and practice something.

very much this

7.25" is great for the cowboy chords put useless for anything else

her finger placement is far superior to mine, to train away the shitty muscle memory and technique from shitty guitar teachers and self teaching without looking anything up feels impossible

>look at me look at me plz follow on soundcloud like comment and subscribe

Channel the embarrassment into your practice! Use the negative feelings to fuel yourself for 30 minutes while you do exercises. I've done that before and always felt better when I finished and could nail something difficult afterwards.

It's a Dingwall thread so I posted my collection and it being played in a mix

I play in my band because i can strum real fast honestly.
I'm like a mexican albert hammond jr

Better string balance on the neck pickup 100% guaranteed

nice guitar Charley

This was great.

I'm not Charley

youtube.com/watch?v=2pdpJuX1gDE

fuck off with this pink floyd dadrock shit

I just bought a vox ac10 and it's a great amp imo but some friends have said it'd be a good decision to replace the tubes in it because vox stock tubes are usually garbage and buying mesa boogie tubes really make it sound better. Do tubes really affect the sound of an amp that much?

I'm no expert but most tubes are made by the same couple of companies. Unless you have some shitty no name tubes I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong though.

>I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong
I appreciate your input regardless

You are absolutely correct. There are only four factories in the world still making tubes - Tesla (JJ tubes), Svetlana (Winged C), Saratov (Tung-Sol) and Shuguang (Chinese shit tier tubes)

Any Fender, Marshall, whatever brand tubes are made in one of these factories and stamped with a different manufacturer name.

>DURR TURBS REEWEE APECT DURR SOUN UH UHH ARMP DAT MUUK?!?!
youtube.com/watch?v=VkjVvTRP1h0

A quick google search shows that the issue with VOX is more that they "run hot" and have tube related issues because of that.

Google will just turn up all the ill-informed half-truths and rumors posted on the internet. Most of the people posting that crap have no idea how a tube amp works. They probably don't even know how a fucking toaster works.

This video is shit claiming there's substantial difference with graphs when it's using a phone camera as a mic you're the retard

>DURR ME DEAF PONE CAM MIK I CAIN'T HURR SHIT DUFFURANT

Haha that's definitely true. But it's still relevant in that it's probably related to why he was told to swap the tubes. I thought it was worth mentioning even if it's hokum.

tfw no alien tube amp

Alien

In Brazil no one can hear you riff

clyp.it/qpxw1ubj

whos a hack now? who cant vibrato now?