Is Radiohead overrated?

Is Radiohead overrated?

Not really
They are actually very good

Not at all. They will have the staying power of the stones and Beatles.

Yes. They peaked with Pablo Honey and became an art rock band to avoid having to write real songs with real hooks anymore.

They are debatably the greatest band of the last 30 years, in terms of influence, quality of songwriting, and pure listenability.

Is Radiohead over?

> Is
> ?

It's not even debatable lmao

if you think radiohead are one of the best bands of the last 30 years you either have shit taste or need to listen to more music

they have good stuff but they are pretty fucking dreary sounding overall. unless you're a superfan they are not very listenable outside of a certain type of mood

yes, but they're very good and a lot better than most music that is equally (or more) popular

>morphine
>my bloody valentine
>stereolab
>talk talk
>nick cave
>dinosaur jr
>red house painters
>slint
>sonic youth
>swans
all better than radiohead

Even Oasis are better than these fags

New here, eh? I hope you'll stick around and learn a thing or two about patrician musics.

who the fuck overrates u2 or moby

Rolling Stone

No
There will be kids 20 years from now who listen to OK Computer and go "hey, that's pretty good"

Their recent albums are

rolling stone overrates anyone who pays them enough money

I think radiohead are the best band of the past 30 years and I've listened to every music on the planet.

i think for any band to get to the level that they have gotten to, yes they are by default overrated

if it gets to the point where your fanbase will shell out hundreds of dollars and hang on every word you say, then by default you are overrated

dont get me wrong i actually really enjoy radiohead, but i can name at least 20 bands that are as interesting and unique as them. they're a great band, but they're not as revolutionary as people claim they are

you probably have listened to the music of the wrong planet