Record Store Day

Anyone getting shit tomorrow?

In the queue now, got some shit on my essentials list, anything you'd recommend?

No, nothing this year interested me. It's better this way since RSD is a huge money-grab and I'd rather not fight crowds.

The Beatles album is pretty cool that's the only thing I'm looking for.

I'm interested in the Big Star and Dennis Wilson releases but I'll probably grab them online when stores start unloading their unsold stuff. Not worth dealing with crowds and I always end up not finding something at my store and have to buy online anyway.

I'll be going soon. Nothing I've seen the list as interested me. More there for the store wide discount and merchandise.

Only really interested in the cure's acoustic album, but I work anyways so I'll see if it's not being scalped on ebay later (it will be)

Going to try and nab that new AnCo EP.

new 7' from the Smiths and the new Anco are what im copping

This. Record store day has sucked for years now. And I say this as a lover of the meme format.

Seems to be less hype this year desu

Is RSD finally dying?

No. I've seen a lot of idiots on Sup Forums say they'll be picking up the fucking Space Jam soundtrack. So no. It is far from dead.

Ill be getting the smiths 7", the wombats, and coheed and cambria

I didn't really look at everything yet but I think this is the first time Marcy gets a vinyl release

The list this year has been one of the weakest so far, that's probably why. Still 12 fucking people ahead of me in the queue though, and I turned up at 4am

Pic or you're lying

Oh you're in England or something?

same

Yeah. Queue is now about 30 people with nearly 3 hours to go .

Might pick up the danny brown picture disc

maybe Sun Ra if I come across it, but there's really nothing on the list I feel like getting up at 6 on a saturday to wait in line for. Will probably do the rounds of the local stores late morning/early afternoon and grab some stuff on sale though

Yeah 4am isn't too different from what I'm thinking of doing in Autin. I might leave the house at 5am. What are you lunging for first? AnCo is the only thing on my radar but it's only 1,200 copies

>tfw started queueing at 4 but still about 30th in line

Maybe it's different in other cities but I always just pick the store that opens the latest and head to that one about an hour beforehand, I always end up being one of the first people in line since everyone wants to rush the early openings.

The one I go to opens at 8am and by far is the biggest, Waterloo actually. I've never really been sure about the UK connection. We also have a neighborhood called Hyde Park

Whats the rarest thing you've gotten? I always struck out so I stopped going but thisbyear seems especially good and it's good weather etc.

I don't know how common this is, but my local shop has a numbered ticket system, and you just go up one at a time and hand over your list. Much, much better than the mad bumrush other people have to deal with

Oh no we don't have anything like that but they only let about 50 people in the store at a time so it doesnt ever get crazy. Maybe 100 it's been awhile. That line has been completely insane before probably 1,000 people

Been here since 5:30. Tenth in the que and only two more people have turned up since.
I'm not sure if this store is even going to have the darkthrone and mayhem releases I'm after but I'm at leased gonna pick up the Bowie records for my mum.

yeah

I'd like to pick up the Space Jam album, even though it's one of the bigger releases at 3500 copies it will go for a decent amount after RSD.

You really wanna have you music taste sarcastically shit on by some loser who works at a record store? I swear to god I'm so glad those places are going extinct.

You mean as opposed to here?

No rsd is a scam. Ill stick to finding cheap used copies of amazing albums at goodwill and dollar bins.

God I wish the vinyl fad would die. I havent found any pink floyd at goodwill in like 2 years.

I can't tell if this is bait or a real 15 year old.

If you pay >$15 for any record you are a loser.

Got emm!

Walker man - listen to mama maxi single (not RSD)
Mike Oldfield - Guitars (not RSD)

David Bowie - Cracked Actor
Miley Cyrus - Bangerz (numbered #88)
Jett Rebel - Daydreamin'/Better Off Together (freebie)

Muh haul. Got everything i wanted so I'm happy. Absolute madman at the front had been there since 9:30pm the evening before, that seemed entirely unnecessary.

Not related but I got a download code I dont want today with a record- anyone can have it.

Http://redneckshit.downloadthisrecord.com
>HUBGWHY

vinyl is a meme

Went to a small store, but at least got those two
Anyone in Germany Trading for anco

8-Track was a meme. SACDs were a meme. MiniDisc was a meme. Vinyl is not a meme.

I dont usually go to music stores cause im a pleb but i really want to get the alice in chains 2x7.... what are my chances of finding it? Only 4000 made internationally???

Anything from a mainstream artist will have already gone within an hour of opening time

This will be my first RSD, I didn't even know it would happen in my city.

The store opens in 8 hours, I don't know if there's going to be a queue, and the store's facebook page doesn't help either. Vinyl isn't even popular in my city. My friends didn't know about the event either. I'm confused and I have such low expectations of getting the exclusives I want so I don't feel bad either.

At least I'm going to buy 2 records I've wanted since last year if I don't find anything. So there's that.

how much does a 2x7 cost

I haven't lived in America for some time now.

Are we over the hill with this crass shit, or is RSD bigger than ever now? I seem to hear less about it online, but that might be due to everybody in my social circle getting older and caring less about music as Pokemon cards.

Vinyl is actually the least memetic format. In the long run it winds up being the most durable and safe way to collect music.

American, waiting in line right now. Not too excited for the selection this year, but there's a few good ones.

I'm pissed I don't live in the UK, though. Way better selection.

>buying a picture disk
>buying a jew2 album
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>U2
fucking faggot

lol butthurt

there is literally nothing wrong with u2 (or picture disks)

picture disks are a fucking meme and sound like shit
u2 are arguably one of the worst bands of all time and have no place being mentioned on Sup Forums

bjm's pol pot's pleasure penthouse

cos it's pretty good and it's never been released on vinyl

RSD is a bunch of shite though

Where the fuck can I order RSD vinyl online? Is not possible until Sunday?

Ew. Bono really messed up the RHMT remix.

I didn't realize he personally commissioned the remix of the song and did it all himself.

>buying music

good investment if you buy the right stuff

>tfw first in line
Suck my cock, niggers xd

Not bad

Stupid gimmick.

Going on a record fair, there won't be any RSD releases but maybe I'll find some good stuff still.

Also there'll be a lathe cut workshop

I don't mind U2 but picture discs are fucking disgusting

The new mix isn't that good. Apparently, there's a fanzine that comes with it with details about the upcoming reissue set and tour as well as content from 1987.

Nice quads! Whats that chemical brothers record?

It's the "C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L" single that they released a few months back

release lineup is awful this year imo, only things i'm interested in are live bowie and maybe the prince 12"s. going anyway tho to see what i can get for cheap

Also got the Cracked Actor, are you in the netherlands?

you got exactly what i wanted to get without the new moondog reissue. congrats on your diskomo, amazing album

How big is your line so far and what you guys getting? Also anyone at Amoeba Hollywood right now?

got coheed and cambria
i wanted sunny day real estate but didnt find it

Only record store near me is in the shitty part of town

I go to the local record store and write down albums to grab off soulseek later
One day they realized what I was doing and asked me to leave. But I still do it

Do any of you guys now if my turntable would damage my records?
I bought some records at my local record store for rsd, my turntable is pretty cheap so i don't wanna damage them.

forgot to say it's an Akai AP-B1

>counterweight
>adjustable antiskate
Assuming you set it up right, you will be fine.

r8

How'd it turn out?

I got everything I wanted sans the Blade Runner OST but I'm sure it won't be long until that gets another pressing.

Getting the space jam and blade runner soundtracks

>babymetal
Marry me

Chicks dig space jam

True

>De Plaatboef
wat denk je zelf?

Hey i was there today too lmao

Rotterdam or Utrecht?

Got a small story here, waiting for my store to open, got about 3 hours left.
>supposed to meet up my friend at a record store
>get here and can't find him
>think that he forgot or isn't here yet
>start making small talk with the people in front of me, more people start to form, 9 people behind me already, 15 ish in front
>they seem like cool guys
>see my friend's brother, he says they're in front of the line
>"nah bullshit"
>they have been here since 1am and hasn't gotten any sleep, they're first in line
>feel bad because I cut in front of everyone and no one seems to notice
What ever, my brother wants The Cure greatest hits and know if I stayed at my original spot, I wouldn't get it.

rotterdam, i went to velvet first but they didn't have the danny brown single so i walked to plaatboef straight after

was anyone in Newcastle today?

I was going to get the Sex Pistols box but somebody got the only copy before I could
He was only 2 people ahead of me in line too

>22.95 for three mediocre Bowie songs

No, because RSD has nothing to do with supporting record stores

Yeah ever heard of resale value

Good luck with your Ray Coniff collection, dipshit. You'll never find any of your favorite records, ever, at a Goodwill or Salvation Army.

I didn't even want this. I just didn't want to leave empty handed for the fourth year in a row.

Then why do you go to record store day, so do you go every year wanting something, and your store ends up not having it?

No, I knew what I wanted, but I was a few seconds late for everything I wanted.

Totally gonna pick up Van Halen II on vinyl. So awesome.

Memes. Still, slightly discounted Pygmalion.