Hamburger History X

Could this movie be made in modern times, with the political climate being how it is?
If so, would it be as well-received as it was originally?

does Sup Forums unironically believe this is a white power movie?

Where is Edward Furlong now?

Its hard to tell what is and isn't sarcasm with Sup Forums.

No but this movie is important to see if you want a good idea of why racism gets you nowhere

it's a good movie to see and realize that niggers will be niggers.

The nigger shot his brother over fucking nothing. The original ending was supposed to show Derek shaving his head again.

Well, the ending kinda shows that the MC was right all along.

>no it shows that blacks just need individual compassion and they will stop all the needless killing

Doing indie shit nobody has heard of.
Not much of a career at all though.

Yeah, the message of the movie is definitely something along the lines of "hatred is a vicious cycle". Hatred and violence breeds hatred and violence etc.

Please don't fuck up a legitimate set of questions with your bullshit. Sarcastic or not.

Nope. Check the comments on the trailer for Imperium, another film about neo nazis. Most people are getting triggered about it, American History X would've failed today.

The ending shows the cyclical nature of violence and hate, you dolts.

The original ending was suppose to depict Derek standing infront of a mirror in his bathroom after his brother gets killed shaving his head showing that the circle is complete and roll to credits.

However Norton found it to be "too pro-nazi" so they cut it and left it with him holding his dead kid brother.

Ultimately it's not, that would never fly in Hollywood, but the first half is in many ways a white supremacist fantasy. More importantly, the screenwriters drop white supremacist talking points constantly while never explicitly refuting them, which is one of the criticisms Ebert had of the film. Ed Norton's character (can't remember his name) changes his views because of internal emotional developments rather than being shown how his arguments are faulty. I doubt the screenwriters did this intentionally but the end result is a movie that never fully justifies it's morality and rings a little hollow

there's a reason it's called white flight -- as in whites fled.

no need for mental gymnastics and fancy phrases like "cyclical nature of violence" when you can just move away from niggers.

Except the kid never did anything to the nigger except dtand up to him and stop him bullying another kid

but user, he was actually emanating racism because of his white privilege

So what if violence is cyclical? What's the point then, to break the cycle?

Are there really any deluded bastards out there who believe we can live in a world without violence? It's pie in the sky bullshit.

There's always been violence and there always will be violence. Your only say in the matter you have is what end of it you want to be on.

Danny didn't kill anyone and his "act of violence" consisted of defending a kid from bullies. There's absolutely nothing that justifies what happened to him.

He wasn't a perpretator of a violence. He was a victim of it.

your illiterate

>However Norton found it to be "too pro-nazi" so they cut it and left it with him holding his dead kid brother.
Which ended up making the movie have an incredibly fucked up message of: You shouldn't stand up to bullies because they'll murder you.

As a Pole that heavily favours patriotism and nationalism it pains me that the West managed to tain nationalism forever by attaching the nazi tag to it. I'm not gonna defend it and try to explain it to bunch on Mexicans on Sup Forums. You simply wouldn't understand.

He was a racist skinhead prick and the movie implies he let the black kids know it...
I believe there is a scene early in the movie where he exhales his cigarette into the dude's face, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.
Do you honestly think black people just shoot white people for no reason?

but atleast it didn't offend anyone :^)

Danny belonged to a white supremacist group who routinely committed acts of vandalism and assault, if we're to believe things had gotten even worse after Derek's incarceration.

If not for Derek's intervention, it was only a matter of time before Danny started following his steps.

>Do you honestly think black people just shoot white people for no reason?
They shoot each other for no reason

>The ending shows the cyclical nature of violence and hate
It doesn't actually because the black bully only shot Derek's brother because he stood up to him in defense of a fellow white student.

yes and the movie actually gives us a clear example.

You're not American are you?

so what reason did he have?

Actually at least in my country I remember Norton shaving his head at the end of movie, although I wasn't sure of his intentions, was he trying to get revenge or breaking the cycle of hatred by working for police. I still believe the movie was just a liberal naive POV - you can't break the hatred.

>well tyrone was in da liberry teh night b4 cuz he a good boi
>he went tru dem histry book abt peeple
>anywaayz he knew dat lil white boi was a racisst n shot dat mufugga

Danny didn't, his group did.

Ironically, by your logic it's justified to incarcerate and murder all blacks because they commit the majority of crimes in America and therefore a black person is more likely to be a criminal.

By the way, the only people Derek murdered where black men that were trespassing his property and trying to steal his shit. That's was somewhat understandable.

Danny died simply because he didn't bow down to thugs.

>you can't break the hatred
And thus was the point of Norton shaving his head? And the black kid shooting the white kid?

Did you watch the movie?

>Danny didn't, his group did.
It was obvious he was indoctrinated to a certain degree. He was a time bomb and Derek got to him just at the right time.

It still doesn't excuse his murder at the end of the film, just as the attack on the immigrant workers has no excuse or reason. Assaulting them won't fix the immigration problem, and any cynical liberal is just waiting for this stuff to happen so they sell a sad story to the media.

The movie makes an effort to paint a reality in which blind hate leads to tragedy and pain. Just like a black kid you disrespected once can shoot you down for no apparent reason, a white guy in a ski mask can come down and assault you while you're just working the midnight shift.

if we stopped with the mental gymnastics about "cyclical hate" and "blind hate leads nowhere" and just realize racism is in-built and homogeneous communities/countries are better for everyone then we'd finally get somewhere in society.

See:

You can go to Sup Forums for that, I thought you wanted to discuss the movie.

Though it is kind of funny how you shifted your argument once I reminded you about the supermarket attack.

>homogeneous communities better for everyone
>detroit/la/chiraq

Did you see the ending?

>Though it is kind of funny how you shifted your argument
not him, nigger

If it were set in modern America, Derek and his bro would get cucked by blacks and then they would sulk home and cry about it on Sup Forums then secretly beat off to BLACKED

>not him

>Detroit

Give it time.

it's not even a "hate will always end in a circle" movie. it just wants to legitimize niggers killing others

this stupid victimhood shit realy pisses me off

This is actually the sign of a complex and thought-provoking movie.
An ending that isn't a cop out or ambiguous by any means, but still generates a lot of interpretation and discussion.
I don't think it's a racist movie myself but I can see why people do.
Two interesting observations:
1) Black people seem to hate this movie
2) White supremacists seem to love it.
There must be something there, intentional or not.

Sup Forums hates Neo-Nazis so no

Aparently pointing out that the character died for literally nothing is white power.

No one in this thread is saying that Danny was some kind of example of morality. They're just saying that this isn't a "muh poor black people" movie, regardless if it itried to be one.

Blacks in this movie were either treated as good guys or as a force of nature that you shouldn't be hateful against no matter how much they fuck your life up because being hateful against the inevitable is ignorant and wrong. This movie without its original ending is a clusterfuck of idiocy.

blacks that end up in prison folding clothes are nearly always grand arbiters of justice and ooze wisdom, you racist idiot

>More importantly, the screenwriters drop white supremacist talking points constantly while never explicitly refuting them, which is one of the criticisms Ebert had of the film.

>saying hood rats take advantage of situations to loot stores is a white supremist talking point

Ebert was a hack

>Are there really any deluded bastards out there who believe we can live in a world without violence? It's pie in the sky bullshit.

you're correct

but the way you worded this makes you sound like a edgelord fedoratard linkin park fuckfairy

so to you I say

you're a faggot

>so to you I say
>you're a faggot
lmao is this shit like 4 levels of irony above me???

You don't understand, user: Violence between the races can only end when all the whites have been murdered by the blacks. So the moral of the story is go ahead and let the blacks murder you if you're white because if you're racist or stand up to black bullies then you deserve to die because that shit just perpetuates more violence.

fr

Would black guys and Skinheads play B-ball in real life? I just noticed that's unrealistic, I think they all just would have fought instead.

Doing meth in a trailer regretting the Crow 3