What are good Elvis albums to listen to?

So I realized that despite Elvis being an iconic figure in rock and roll history, and the fact that he was a major influence for a lot of the guys to come after him, I actually hadn't listened to a lot of his albums. When I looked up his discography, I saw that a lot of his albums were just soundtrack albums to his movies and he had tons of different records. Where should I start when it comes to listening to Elvis?

Elvis Costello is the only Elvis worth listening to

I prefer people with talent, but thanks for the suggestion

You're probably on your own on this.
I am one of the older generation on Sup Forums (57)
and aside from Greatest Hits types albums I wouldn't begin to know what to recommend.
My first real exposure to Elvis was due to him being my first girlfriends favorite artist (We were both in 3rd grade...LoL) My fondest memory of Elvis was watching "Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite" when it aired live on NBC. That concert was amazing. My mother also go the double album
of that performance as her "selection of the month" from the RCA Record club. I ended up with it. and still have it.

ding ding ding

>Elvis Costello isn't talented
off yourself right fucking now
you can dislike his singing style if you want but that's literally it, and it's also a pleb-tier opinion to hold

faggot

>Elvis Costello
>Not talented
What, his first two albums are amazing, better than anything Presley ever did.

Presley wasn't known really for albums. He was more a "singles" and live artist.

You know, Elvis Costello wasn't really named Elvis Costello. His real name is Declan Patrick MacManus. Why did he take the name Elvis Costello? Where did that name come from?

You want the "sun sessions" by elvis..

30 #1 Hits [RCA, 2002]

By my unofficial All Music Guide tally, this makes 385 Elvis comps, some as collectible as his soundtracks themselves, not one definitive. Although pursuing his pure essence is a fool's mission, only fools gainsay The Sun Sessions. A Valentine Gift for You is something to cherish. And there's use value in the five-CD The King of Rock 'n' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters, which duplicates 13 of these selections. But this chart-seeking slice-and-dice feeds off his schlock power. It validates his audience. And it suggests that his life was a continuous whole, not the tragically bifurcated mess of current convention. What holds it together? Think lightness, even on the supposedly feral "One Night." A+

The guy's catalog was absurdly huge since the only years in his 22 year career that he did not record anything were 1959, 1974, and 1977.

The album wasn't much of an art form for the 50s and early 60s so those acts benefit from greatest hits albums.

I'd just find a compilation of his best singles. The Christgau review in here has a good one.
I don't care what anyone says, Suspicious Minds fuckin BANGS.

"Elvis slept with all of his female co-leads except one."

He had an amazing voice, great live performer

Jesus who the fuck cares about this industry plant pedo anyways

Dude...they were both in their 30s and married when they did Change of Habit. No shit they didn't crash the custard truck.

>t. Third worlder

MTM was a genuinely cool person. The feminist mob tried to recruit her during the 70s and she told them to fuck off.

Apparently you do. You posted in the thread.

Uhm.. great insult?

Only because I was really devastated about people caring enough to make a thread discussing this pedo's music. I need to express that devastation.