Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9UDViW7Q28w
metal-archives.com/bands/Pervertum/5903),
youtube.com/watch?v=jxDCwTX9j04
youtu.be/O5yr3sXwtl8
youtube.com/watch?v=C-O42bQgRaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like Burzum, that's about it, the rest is boring.

Have you listened to a lot of black metal? There are many bands that are very similar to Burzum, although admittedly, none manage to achieving the same atmosphere.

I've listened to Bathory and Darkthrone, I liked them, but most of their songs/riffs sound the same to me.

listened to the first exodus album recently, classic

Fair enough, black metal can get a bit same-y. I recommend the later "Viking metal" Bathory albums, like Hammerheart, Twilight of the Gods, and Blood on Ice. They are much better than early Bathory imo.

Go to Paysage d'Hiver for more pre-incarceration Burzum, he does a great job at taking his sound and putting it into a brutally cold atmosphere (Winterkaelte, s/t, Das Torr to start).
If you enjoyed that then branch into his other affiliate project Darkspace.

Also listening to this currently

lord satanacchia is actually autistic or something. some guy moved close to him and they became friends. satanacchia started to pester him with tens of text messages daily, so the other guy had to "reject" satanacchia sometimes. then they started to argue, and after a while satanacchia declared "war" on this regular dude who happened to listen to bm

The most "interesting" would be Darkthrone's entire body of work. Aside from that, I've been going through a bunch of shit on youtube not even worth mentioning because it's garbage.

What is your favorite Darkthrone album? Recently I've really love Ravishing Grimness a lot.

Probably Transilvanian Hunger, Ravishing Grimness and Arctic Thunder. At least at this very moment.

If you want some early Darkthrone worship, listen to Graven.

I been liking the black metal lately

Me too

So long as it sounds fairly raw and doesn't have any faggy synthesizers mixed in with the guitars, I'm down.

How does everyone like the new Ghost Bath? I just gave it a 2/5

are you that guy

why even bother

Because I don't give out that many 2s and it was worse than I was expecting. The drums were actually really good though but just the technique not the composition.

See
That's why

Why are you posting this in a "black metal general" thread?

Because Ghost Bath is depressive suicidal blackgaze black metal and it just came out yesterday

>depressive suicidal blackgaze black metal
top fucking kek
Nice troll m9

Had no idea they were releasing anything new. I didn't really care for Funeral, and Moonlover was mediocre, other than Happyhouse. But if I get a chance, I'll listen to this new one.

>admits that their entire body of work is shit
Then maybe it's time to stop listening to them. Now get out of my black metal thread.

It's quite bad although the vocals are kinda so bad they're good. And the drumming technique is excellent although he essentially sounds like he might as well be alone since there's often literally zero correlation to the guitars.

>my thread
Not anymore kid

No delete this right now

I can see that. You ghost bath fuckers hijack every single black metal thread. Why don't you go start your own ghost bath circle jerk?

I'm actually a year fag not a genre whore. I only listened to it because it came out yesterday right after I finished listening to Michelle Branch

>Now get out of my black metal thread

But... I made this thread? I'm just happy black metal threads don't get Deafheaven and Liturgy shitposts anymore.

Well, this was a genre thread until you fuckers came along. A black metal thread at that, and none of your are talking about that.

>year fag
please be sincere

I know, man, I'm just getting sick of all this ghost bath shit.

To get back on track...

Post the best synths in black metal.

>best synths in black metal
>synths
>black metal
kys

>not exclusively listening to black metal with two keyboardists

Sucks to be you.

>keyboardists
>black metal
Fucking crucify yourself.

Maniac is the best black metal vocalist.

Mayhem is the best black metal band.

Deathcrush is the best black metal album (perhaps only matched by Wolf's Lair Abyss).

If you don't think so, you don't know black metal, are a cunt kristna fan, or a plain hipster contrarian homosexual. If you don't think so, don't even reply to this post, I won't bother to read your opinion.

Extended ranged keyboardists ruined black metal.

damn this is pretty good

youtu.be/9UDViW7Q28w do people know/like this

Started of with Burzum and Bathory, now going into some other sub genres (Folk/Black metal, Prog/Doom)

Maniac is good, but his best performance was on Grand Declaration of War, which happens to be the best Mayhem album.

Honestly, Grand Declaration of War is a 10, and so are the two Maniac EPs and Chimera, for me, yet I feel historically and stylistically, Deathcrush is the most relevant release for the genre and the band itself overall out of all.

>Honestly, Grand Declaration of War is a 10
[spoiler] You're correct [/spoiler]

I didn't enjoy any of the other Mayhem albums with the exception of Esoteric Warfare and De Mysteriis, so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask.

That is an opinion I can respect nevertheless. What are some of your favorite/your favorite band(s) or album(s)?

Obviously Grand Declaration is up there.

I like everything by Burzum - it's basically all I listen to nowadays. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is my favourite album.

Darkthrone - A Blaze in The Northern Sky

Summoning - Minas Morgul

Bathory - Twilight of The Gods

Elderwind - The Magic of Nature

Pretty generic taste, with maybe Elderwind and Summoning being the exception. Outside of black metal, I listen to a lot of Dungeon Synth (Depressive Silence, Forgotten Pathways), dark folk (Neun Welten), and I enjoy 80's bands like The Cure, The Smiths, etc.

Yourself?

Burzum is definitely top notch, and the fact you pointed to Hvis as your fav lets me know you know what you're doing.

I mostly listen to the usual Norwegian suspects: Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, Emperor, Immortal, and Old Forest; the first three of those being my absolute favorites.

I have Mayhem's entire discography and most of Darkthrone's, so that's what's usually on my stereo on a daily basis (don't have ANY burzum records; I refuse to give cunt kristna any of my money).

I don't listen to much other than black metal. I also do enjoy the very first Bathory s/t album. I have had my demo/weird/unknown black metal bands exploration periods, but have come to realize most of that is nothing but empty posturing and edgy wankery, and what is there realer than the forefathers of the style anyway, regardless of how famous they've become with time?

I would recommend checking this band out (metal-archives.com/bands/Pervertum/5903), particularly their only full-length, Creature of Ungod, based on what you enjoy.

Thanks for the recommendation. Check this out if you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxDCwTX9j04

If someone was going to give a go at one man black metal/dungeon synth project, what kind of software would you use?
>I have access to a keyboard, drums, didgeridoo, accordion, guitar, bass and a computer.
please help

no joke, the same thing happened to a friend of mine and Nocturnal Black Winds or however you call him. maybe it's time to add black metal to the DSM

>Elderwind
Nice, I have Through the Ocean to the Stars playing in the background.

laughable opinion

Under a Funeral Moon. My black metal knowledge is pretty rudimentary but I feel like it will always be g.o.a.t. for me. If anyone has recs I'm down, the only similar thing I have is 666 by katharsis

just discovered Windir and like pretty much everything. Any similar bands? It seems like a lot of black metal is really samey shit and it is hard to find standouts

youtu.be/O5yr3sXwtl8
Highly underrated album by them IMO, also probably their closest sounding one to windir.

Also Mistur - Attende sounds like straight up windir worship (although I admittedly only heard one song from it)

>software

no

How to spot a newfag to BM.

Rabbit music
youtube.com/watch?v=C-O42bQgRaQ

cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, enslaved, the list goes on...

Mine is Sardonic Wrath

>ctrl+f
>circle the wagons - no results

baka at you niggers

Post the best black metal logos, no matter if the band itself is good or bad

Of course it'd seem samey to someone like you; instead of listening to the originals you're going for the plastic recicled worship shit bands that offer nothing to the genre and simply copy the originators, and are btw shit at even that.

>plastic recicled worship shit
Of what band, pray tell

P L A G U E W I E L D E R

Why do black metal threads always die faster than euronymous?

Pretty cool taste, what's your favorite Dungeon Synth album? Listen to:
Temnozor - Folkstorm of the Azure Nights
Rivendell - The Ancient Glory
Under a Funeral Moon perfectly captures everything black metal is, great choice. Check out Vargsang - Throne of the Forgotten.
Gallowbraid - Ashen Eidolon
I always loved Depressive Silence's logo. It somewhat reminds me of the logo for Oldschool Runescape, which is just a perfect fit.

Forgot pic.

Mayhem - Deathcrush
youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM

Morbid with Batman logo its cool
Uarefaust too

Bump with a daily Caladan Brood post.