Why is there a /U2/ general thread on Sup Forums!?!?

Why is there a /U2/ general thread on Sup Forums!?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12791192/r
youtube.com/watch?v=imtSibPnTPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a meme gone too far

i'm 99% sure it's two guys going back and forth
send them both to the gulag

just a prank bro

Because U2 is patrician and Sup Forumscore now:
strawpoll.me/12791192/r

Serious question. What's wrong with U2, particularly their older work?

horrible pop music and I think Eno is one of the greatest musicians, even he couldn't save them

IN THE NAME OF DUBS

He did ask about their older work...WAR, for instance

The role of a producer isn't to drastically change the sound or musical direction of an artists work you halfwit

>Eno is one of the greatest musicians, even he couldn't save them

Name some examples of Eno "saving" other artists?

Literally kill yourself

Talking Heads. They went on to make jolly pop music after Remain in the Light.

No bully pls

Coldplay and James, for starters. Talking Heads didn't need saving because they were already patrician.

Not that they really needed saving, but my point still stands.

Coldplay wanted to be U2.

But that's not a result of the production shift; That's a conscious decision by all the members of the band.

Hahahahahaha no my friend. Coldplay had better taste than that. They actually wanted to be Radiohead.

At any rate, Coldplay's first two records and VLV alone are a million times better than anything that turd Bono has shat out.

Chris Martin is literally gay for Bono

>The Irish rock band U2 is another important influence on Martin both musically and politically.[18] Martin wrote for Rolling Stone Magazine's "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" on the band, saying: "I don't buy weekend tickets to Ireland and hang out in front of their gates, but U2 are the only band whose entire catalogue I know by heart. The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming", I know backward and forward – it's so rousing, brilliant, and beautiful. It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby." Martin also comments on Bono's effect on his own charity and political involvement he is even known to joke with friends referring to himself as "Crono".

Radiohead is number 2 in Chris's world

Guess who else is gay for Bono...
youtube.com/watch?v=imtSibPnTPE

oh please. "Speed of Sound" couldn't sound more like a U2 song if Bono was singing it.

he saved Bowie from going down in music history as just another old pop icon

If you unironically think that there's a single iota of U2's discography that's not completely inherent dogshit, you have objectively shit taste and shouldn't be browsing this website.

U2 have always been generic focus group-ed corporate adult contemporary calculated for mass appeal. There's nothing legitimate about them at all. They're essentially the creation of a group of major record label executives. Bono is a fucking globalist too and a liberal shill.

You obviously have no knowledge of the bands early history.