Queen

Everyone knows that Queen is the best 70s rockband- and potentially of all time. Their discography is consistantly great. Sadly my queen collection is lacking right now. I must track down news of the world and a night at the races. I can hold off on their other albums a bit longer...

What is your favorite album, and song of theirs?

>Ps, Freddie Mercury was the best vocalist of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_SVPiXnWM
youtube.com/watch?v=SoBMhx_ap_g
youtube.com/watch?v=HzdjMLKKdgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good bait

Wings are the best 70s band actually.

>Ps, Paul McCartney is the best vocalist of all time.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Haha. B8/10

Who was better? And dont name a one hit wonder. Name a more prolific 70/ band.

Delete this

You know its true

Since when does abundancy equal quality?

Id go as far as saying top 10. But bowie, freddie, and many other outclass him.

Because of course there are a couple individual albums that are better, but not artists that are better. We are talking about quality*quantity

>no synthesizers
Go listen to In the Lap of the Gods and marvel at it. No synths on it, how does that not wow you?

Pink Floyd then.
4 classic (10) albums, two great (9), and one good (8)

They had 5 albums before 1970, they are a 60s band that held over till the 80s also, their legacy is deminished by garbage lik endless river.

If Queen wasn't so popular with normies, would Sup Forums like them? It's kind of sad they can't be discussed without baiting like the OP. All just because they are Reddit's favorite band.

Im not baiting, I just dont care what Sup Forums thinks.

Ok maybe a little by saying they are the absolute best 70s band, but you cant deny they are top 3, or that freddie wasnt one of the most versatile, skilled vocalists of all time.

You're kinda boring.

God tier:
>Queen II
>A Night at the Opera
>Sheer Heart Attack

Great tier:
>Innuendo
>Queen
>A Day at the Races
>Jazz

Good tier:
>The Game
>A Kind of Magic

Meh/average tier:
>News of the World
>The Works

Shit tier:
>The Miracle
>Hot Space

Move Innuendo to god tier and we're cool

I agree for the most part, but why is news of the world so low? I see this everywhere, but imo it is one of their strongest. It may have been a departhre from their sound, but so was the game.

black sabbath > queen

Black sabbath have like 3 good albums. Queen has like 6 good ones. And its not like I dislike BS either, just about 2 hours ago I had Technical Ecstacy on.

>queen
>6 good albums
u wot m8

Jazz
A night at the opera
A night at the races
Queen 2
Sheer heart attack
News of the world

I don't really care much for it besides We Are the Champions, We Will Rock You and All Dead.

besides night at the opera and heart attack
rest aren't better than black sabbaths good albums m8

I think you're a little confused here.
Queen put out two albums back to back named after Marx Brothers' movies. Those would be A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races.

There is NO Queen album called A Night At The Races.

Favorite album: Sheer Heart Attack
Favorite song: Sheer Heart Attack
Favorite Irony: The song Sheer Heart Attack doesn't even appear on Sheer Heart Attack but on News Of The World.

Today is International Record Store Day so you might be able to track down the albums you're looking for today.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_SVPiXnWM

This is the best Queen song, none of you can prove me wrong.

>every single album must be better than black sabbaths for them to be considered good
Queen has more good albums than black sabbath has. What, the s/t, paranoid, and masters of reality? Vs the albums I listed earlier? Black sabbath cant hold a candle to queen.

Not even the best song in the album
youtube.com/watch?v=SoBMhx_ap_g

If one were to compare similarities to Queen and Black Sabbath it would be that both released great albums in the 1970s and totally sucked in the 1980s.

The difference here IMHO is that in the early 80s Sabbath still released some good albums while Queen went down hill after Live Killers. Only a die hard Queen fanatic would defend The Game and anything after it. (Although Innuendo was a great comeback album for Queen and it's a shame Freddie died after making it)

I think everything from Heaven and Hell up to Born Again is great but Black Sabbath loses me after that.

How can you hate on the game! Ill admit some of the 80s stuff sucks; but not the game.

>play the game
>another one bites the dust
>crazy little thing called love
>dont try suicide

How can you claim its a shit album when it has two of their greatest hits, and a couple other gems?

youtube.com/watch?v=HzdjMLKKdgk

>Queen has more good albums than black sabbath has.
i already told you besides the other 2 i mention the rest aren't good. clearly your bias is showing

Speaking of the game, I just decided to pop it on, and noticed something on rhe liner notes, see pic related.

That explains the decrease in quality.

No, your bias is showing. You said they arent better then black sabbaths beat albums.

As for your opinion, I'm sorry its just wrong.

well this discussion is pointless mr.hardhead
goodbye

After nearly a decade of great rock and roll Queen sold out and not only did disco but degenerated into erzats Rockabilly and not even good erzats Rockabilly at that. The Stray Cats could've mopped the floor with Crazy Little Thing Called Love. And it just went down hill until Innuendo. It's a shame Freddie died just as the brand was re-discovering what made them so great in the 70s.

However that's just my opinion since personal individual tastes are subjective anyhow.

Well its not my fault you have poor taste. There is a reason why most people would disagree with you.

NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW NOW I KNOW

Uuuh... ok.

My favorite part of the song

>queen
How did some people not realize a guy that sings for a band called queen is gay?

Cus he was singing songs about fuckin bitches with fat butts

Do you have Queen's Absolute Greatest? It's a vinyl print only available in Germany with white/red vinyl. I got it from my German uncle when he visited for Christmas a few years ago. It's very nice to look at and listen to.

No. Im not really a fan of compilation albums. I mean if I saw it in a used bin at a shop I would buy it.. cuz queen... but otherwise meh.

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

Queen is queer

Well his voice is pretty manly tbqh

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

No, Faul McCartney is

Elvis is

Faul is dead