Anyone else listening to this...

Anyone else listening to this? I'm glad they've matured and developed their style while keeping the same energy as their earlier stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tbFLBGG7Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=UuSKQ51SYCI
youtube.com/watch?v=KmZE9e4evq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I haven't, but I will. Maximo park are great.

>“guitar music is irrelevant in 2017”
>Maximo Park release a full zine on DWP-related deaths and the appointment of key major bankers as advisors leading to built-in loopholes in tax law alongside their new album, which directly references Ian Duncan Smith and criticises the use of language and misinformation to manufacture support for far-right ideologies

half the album sounds like 80s indie
the other half sounds like white funk
it's fucking brilliant

Is it? Their last couple of albums after they left Warp were kinda meh. I really love A Certain Trigger and Our Earthly Pleasures

After first listen:

Too Much Information = A Certain Trigger > The National Health > Risk To Exist > Our Earthly Pleasures > Quicken The Heart

I'm sure it'll grow on me and move further up the list with time, even their 'least best' album Quicken The Heart is full of great tunes

I'm so glad all these talentless hack bands from the UK that started emerging with The Libertines and later with Franz Ferdinand are not relevant anymore. That was the worst time for music since the emergence of Britpop. Name three of them who released more than one good album.

The Horrors turned into a quite decent band surprisingly, but other than that? Bleh.

>Maximo Park
Hly shit this band still makes music in 2017?

Well at least they didn't jump on electropop bandwagon like Kaiser chiefs, Bloc Party and Kasabian

it depends what you like of their sound
they've mostly moved on from the gritty post-punk thing now for a more R.E.M., MOR-pop-influenced style
their recent stuff still has some moments like their earlier albums though
youtube.com/watch?v=5tbFLBGG7Hs

this album is probably closest to Our Earthly Pleasures in feel but with more of a funk/disco/80s influence, there's a little filler but no more than back then and the standout songs really do stand out

glad they still make b-sides, too

pretty much the reason they're still around is they refused to bow down to the quashing of guitar music and stuck to their guns
they still get into the main Top 10 too, surprisingly
only band from that era still worth listening to imo

Let me guess you are an American
It was much better than all the shitty post grunge and buttmetal in the US

>implying britpop was bad
Yes you are definitely dumb

Franz Ferdinand have always been much better

British Sea Power have also released another album recently and it's definitely better as well

youtube.com/watch?v=UuSKQ51SYCI
youtube.com/watch?v=KmZE9e4evq0

holy shit I had no idea they were still a thing, this is giving me nostalgia
I'm glad they're still going

No, I'm German, but the mid 00s were awful, especially in Europe. Fucking NME hailed a new band "the best ever" every fucking month. Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Kaiser Chiefs, Art Brut, The Horrors,Libertines, Hard-Fi, Futureheads etc.

And it got worse every time. Where are they now?

All these bands were derivative, but decent at least, now we have nothing and British rock is music dead apart from niche artists like Tindersticks, Anathema and Steven Wilson

>where are they now?

>Franz Ferdinand
made one or two good songs a couple of years ago and then disappeared from the public eye again
>Arctic Monkeys
went cowboy
>Bloc Party
*vomits*
>Maximo Park
ditched the 'lad' aesthetic and have done alright for themselves, built up a loyal core audience so they have the freedom to experiment now knowing they're gonna have a set level of commercial success
>Kaiser Chiefs
seemed like they were doing pretty great with that comeback album but then caved to pop trends and released that new abortion last year
>Art Brut
Eddie Argos now does solo stuff and stand-up comedy mostly, the band are still a unit though, they were always a cult band though
>The Horrors
literally meh
>Libertines
literally meh: the comeback album
>Hard-Fi
who?
>Futureheads
now this is actually a sad one. they releases some decent albums after their debut but they were just too northern for the mainstream to sustain interest in them as more than a gimmick. under stress, they released a patrician acapella album, broke up, and then the lead singer Barry Hyde had a psychotic break due to untreated bipolar disorder and fled to some desert in south America or something thinking he had transcended humanity. he spent several years in recovery and released a solo album about his mental health struggles recently (unfortunately with some mastering errors).

>>The Horrors
>literally meh

they are literally the only ones from that list next to Arctic Monkeys who could still be considered somewhat relevant.

What about Editors though
They released some shitty albums but their new one is pretty good

That Franz Ferdinand and Sparks collaboration was great

Are Maximo Park worth listening to? I remember Our Velocity from my childhood though like many bands of that era I can't help but be bored whenever I listen to any of their other songs like with many other bands of that era, hear their debut is supposed to be pretty good though that style just tastes like paper.

First album is ok
The rest is meh