"put on some music user my phone is dead"

>"put on some music user my phone is dead"

What's on your socially acceptable playlist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QRgPIbSX1mg
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2xtWgBlzk
youtube.com/watch?v=NzSF6lzsRDc
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
youtube.com/watch?v=CIVTBBEa-Os
youtube.com/watch?v=7v8JfsLST4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's on your socially acceptable playlist?
pic related

>he has a socially acceptable playlist rather than a socially unacceptable playlist

depends on the crowd.

socioeconomic background, education, and ethnicity

just play some emorap

>tfw even your socially acceptable playlist is too obscure for normies

Mostly Indie stuff
Not that I lile most of the music that's in that playlist, but it gets me away from "c'mon, user! You should be more eclectic!"

the patrish way to store music on your phone is to make a playlist with as many songs as will fit (that you like of course), and organizing it by mood/situation

normies love anything electronic or hip hop as long as it's danceable. they also love 4/4 indie as long as it's not too noisy or "emo" (fuck i hate that shit). just don't be autistic and you'll be fine

Bonobo or Emancipator I guess
youtube.com/watch?v=QRgPIbSX1mg

>bf's artschool friends just listen to ecuadorian minimal techno
>put on Work by Rihanna as a joke
>their faces when

People learned the hard way. They all hate my music. I hate theirs. Not ever gonna change.

implying I'm going to cater to some fucking normies
they can listen to new shit and get enriched for once

>ecuadorian minimal techno
embarrassing

> not having a dumbphone that can only play bleepy ringtones

t. dead grap fan

Just my usual playlist. I sometimes queue a few well known songs first to ease people in and then by like the fifth song, nobody cares what's playing anyway

Frank Zappa

Hoping to provide a definitive breakdown here.

Oh, music and social situations... that old discussion. The contested space of the party ungoverned by a DJ... or even just a casual gathering with a few people, where greater attention is paid to the selections, and thus making them is a little more risky.

Generally I find that most people now are on that spotify wave - so often it's not limited by what people have on their phone memory, but I'll assume that I've had time to think this through and have stored some music for a variety of occasions on my phone in case I'm required to bang something on. (Right now all I have is experimental hip hop)

The problem with music + normies is that those with shitty music tastes, who like the top 40 etc, tend to be a lot more confident playing their music than those with patrician-tier tastes. It makes a bit of sense I guess, because the more obviously 'pop' music is more likely to unite crowds and get people dancing, even if its Bieber. Whereas Swans will just clear out the room. This 'lowest common denominator' idea is pretty central to the idea of pop music in general. I prefer to go 'highest common denominator', as I realise the sophistication of most peoples private music tastes will often surprise me. My main task is to unhinge the tacitly endorsed youtube DJ set of a wannabe ladbro playing armin van fuckboy and aviici.

Anyway, here are my picks for a number of different crowds:

>Total Normcore Top 40 Pop crowd:
luckily I'm not often exposed to this crowd, but I'd say my response is either a) - play them some fairly accesible hip hop/pop rap, hoping that they can enjoy it, so mid-2000s Kanye, Jay-Z, Pharrell, R.Kelly 'ignition' etc... or b) accepting that tacky pop is the motive, go back 10 years. I'd MUCH rather be listening to 2000s pop music than 2010s pop music, because its far enough back to be both nostalgic and palatable.

continued...

>Hippy/Dude crowd:
I'm talking the crowd who'll be playing classic rock, but kinda watered down and shitty (i.e. playing the most well-known and overrated song by an artist) - DESU I'm sadly denied a crowd of this nature, as I'd be happy to be listening to the Stones, Beatles, even Black Sabbath and AC/DC, a bit generic in terms of selections, but I rarely get this. I'd be looking to steer it slowly in the direction of Post-Rock via Punk and Hardcore - but I'd be testing the waters first with a bit of The Clash, Dead Kennedys, maybe a touch of Radiohead?

>Trap Rap/Gangsta crowd
Probably my favourite type of crowd anyway. Sometimes the worst of these mumble rap and autotune-R&B artists can get shit tho - I'd chuck on Denzel Curry, DRAM, maybe some old school Three 6 Mafia or whatever, but eventually I'd be trying to steer the show towards Death Grips and other industrial hip hop.

>Ambiguous crowd
The easiest to please in a lot of ways, but also possibly the most divided. This crowd is a mixed bag, often people who don't really think about music. My answer to this would be, good quality 60s-80s Soul, R&B, Funk, Jazz, with a touch of Rock&Roll and Blues. It's hard to go wrong with the likes of James Brown, Otis Redding, Prince, Miles Davis if its a chill vibe, also Chuck Berry, then perhaps cheesy but good 80s stuff too (Blondie, The Cure etc?)

>Good Taste Crowd
Peoples tastes are more specific, meaning its not exactly more a comfortable audience. Often you feel under pressure to 'impress' or to prove your eclectic knowledge. This one is hard to pin down therefore. I normally start with my favourite album from recent times that I think is dope (currently cuts from the new Kung-Fu Kenny, also Danny Brown, Kamaiyayh, Anderson .Paak, Blood Orange) - but if they ain't into that and can't even handle Kamasi Washington because too plebcore, then I am happy to go deeper or change genre away from hip-hop. But it entirely depends how they respond.

or just put on MFDOOM and not be a nerd

Autism in two handy posts

hmm.... having a variety of different friendship groups... autism..... hm....

No, the amount of effort you put into that post

This

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2xtWgBlzk

This
youtube.com/watch?v=NzSF6lzsRDc

probably deftones, or like tmv if theyre dadrockers

Willie Nelson - Shotgun Willie
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album
Of Montreal - Satanic Panic
Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Outkast - Stankonia
Dave Brubeck - Jazz Impressions of Eurasia

If the group I'm in can't find one of those to enjoy, then there's no point in trying.

This
Burner phones are the patrician way

this. the most accessible thing on my phone is anco

BLACK SABBATH. Today I bought for my beloved cousin Master Of Reality, cause he's starting getting into rock!

I don't have any music on my phone. I don't listen to music when I'm not at home.

lol why the fuck not

>as a joke

I have lots of Pac and Biggie on my phone, I'll be fine.

I have a pop playlist with stuff I like and would be acceptable to the general public. It has 50 Cent, Akon and other garbage on it, it's pretty great.

Filled with bestial black metal and harsh noise

There's very few situations where I could listen to music.

Work and Needed Me are fiya

shit, i guess I can put on some gorillaz

>socially acceptable playlist

pffft

Basically what my dad listens to, so gorillaz, mf doom, classic rock, whatever.

Why did my name become gorillaz

Naked City
Prurient
Current 93
Sun City Girls
Suicide
Kevin Drumm
Halo Manash
Paysage D'hiver
Bauhaus
early Swans
Jason Crumer
Eleh
Runzelstirn & Gurgelstock
Lull
Steve Roden
snd
Whitehouse
Jandek
Raison D'etre
Venetian Snares
Big Black
Annette Krebs
Emptyset
John Wiese
Lustmord

inside is yellow :)

I just put the music I normally listen to since I hang out with people that have a similar taste to mine.

inside is yellow :)

>Good Taste Crowd
>Kung-Fu Kenny, also Danny Brown, Kamaiyayh, Anderson .Paak, Blood Orange

Good taste is 100% whatever rappers happen to be popular right now?

I love that painting

Yes

I don't have one.

>implying he's wrong

nobody talks to me either

>Socially acceptable

I literally blast vaporwave until they get angry at me and then I put on some random 60s Motown song

Source on the painting? It's stunning

in a roman osteria, you pleb

Depends what kind off people I'm hanging with, I'm usually able to adapt though

>browses Sup Forums once

Build me up buttercup on repeat for 9 hours

T H I S
I've seen every kind of people jamming to this shit.
Control Machete is the shit.

And Fermin IV is a great MC tbqh vato

It's not that, I just put youtube or spotify and let people pick what they want.

whatever I actually like

and if they don't like it they won't ask me to play it

>tfw forgot Zappa and Ween was on my normie playlist

>socially acceptable

The question that is infinitely more interesting is what is in your "not socially acceptable" list.

more paintings like this

why does she have a sheet on her head

>either Sup Forumscore or endurance chart answers
>interesting

Depends who I'm with;

Daft Punk and Gorillaz generally go down pretty well with everyone

With my parents, I'll usually put some jazz or downtempo. I can usually get away with Slowdive with them as well.

With my friends I'll put Rammstein or Iron Maiden on. Radiohead's less experimental stuff (OKC, The Bends) generally goes down okay with them as well.

I'd probably play Music for 18 Musicians, Another Green World, or narkopop, depending on the mood.

Aren't you funny

Anal Cunt - I Became A Counselor So I Could Tell Rape Victims They Asked For It

Torsofuck - Raped By Elephants

Cannibal Corpse - Entrails Ripped From A Virgin's Cunt

Mayhem - Chainsaw Gutsfuck

Marduk - Fistfucking God's Planet

I don't have music on my phone

>sheet on her head
pretty sure it's a hipster

really depends on how corny they are. most ppl can handle stuff like a tribe called quest, or like de la soul, anderson paak, les sins, jessy lanza, leon vineyhall, macked demarco, gorillaz, kanyard west, fatima yamaha, joey badass, caribou, maybe a fourth tet song, neil ciciriega, the avalanches, funkadelic, crown heights affair, rick lamar-damn,

see? this is all just to build them up, get the party goin, have the drinks goin, everyone having a good time.

because of me

i watch from the corner and think, "hey, i did that. my friend's enjoy the music i played for them," and they think i'm a rockstar, i think i'm a rockstar. life hasn't been going so great lately, but this moment gives me hope that not everything is so bad. and then i notice one by one my friends are starting to get sleepy. so i lend them each a pair of pajamas and make a little bed for them on my living room floor.

"user, you're music taste was so great, can you play us something to help us sleep?" says the cutest girl at the party

"yeah, sure," i say as i walk towards my cd binder, i take my copy of the soundtrack called minecraft and put it on. i then cuddle with each of my friends individually. we stare into the fireplace and reminisce over our friendships. some people have to look away cus i put their little bed near the fireplace. that's ok cus when we've all had cuddle time i put the fire out and go to my bedroom. i stare at the ceiling and think about my wonderful day with my friends before shutting my eyes and opening them to another wonderful day with my friends :)

god fucking neck yourself this better be bait

Fuck me you're autistic. Nigga you play Miles Davis for normies hahaha?!

Jazz is very normie-friendly

youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw

it's only 1 album

who even are half of these people lol

do you actually think this is what popular rap is rn?

nick drake and penis tasters

fucking at least try, come on bros it's not that hard

i'm convinced that everybody in this thread is actually somewhere on the autism spectrum

What the fuck am I reading?

I like you.

The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand, or some other mid 2000s indierock.

i hated middle school too bucko

>Aphex Twin - Milkman
>The Caretaker - All you are going to want to do is get back there
>Negativland - Time Zone
>Captain Beefheart - Frownland
>D/P/I - An Eye For an Eye
>The Beatles - Revolution 9
>The Velvet Underground - Venus In Furs
>The Police - Roxanne
>Radiohead - Pulk/Pul Revolving Door
>Death Grips - Have a Sad Cum
>Animal Collective - Untitled
>The Books - A Cold Freezin' Night
>Whitehouse - Wriggle Like a Fucking Eel

please stop listening to meal
start blasting gucci mane

youtube.com/watch?v=CIVTBBEa-Os

all i need

youtube.com/watch?v=7v8JfsLST4E

Kitty :3

The Bends is experimental?

Well I'm a normie so here you go

>Led Zeppelin
>Kendrick Lamar
>Daft Punk
>Kanye West
>Tame Impala
>The Strokes
>Flume
>MGMT
>The Beatles
>Mac Demarco
>xxyyxx
>Gorillaz
>alt-J
>DJ Shadow
>Childish Gambino
>Drake
>Joey Badass
>Migos/Lil Uzi/21 Savage/Future etc
>Jimi Hendrix
>Sublime
>Vampire Weekend
>Weezer
>Arcade Fire
>Cold War Kids
>CHVRCHES
>Passion Pit

I could go on. Also, obviously it depends on the situation. During a turn up, you put on trap or rap or edm, during a outdoor smoke sesh is when you'd listen to tame impala etc.

But yeah. I'd say just listen to the most accessible music that you actually like, and don't be fake.

Stevie Wonder - Too High
Sun Ra - That's How I Feel
Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
Lionel Richie - Running For The Night
Gwen McCrae - Keep The Fire Burning
Michael Jackson - Burn This Disco Out

Jokes on you, I don't have any friends so I don't need a socially acceptable playlist.

>Grizzly Bear
>LCD Soundsystem
>Arctic Monkeys
>Modest Mouse

Is Flying Lotus acceptable for a socially acceptable playlist? What about Portishead? Massive Attack?

Death Grips instrumentals that sound more like club music than you think?

I don't have one. Why the fuck would I have one?

hey
what is the 21 sav gang gang gang gang meme?