Holy shit

It's a 10/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=luM6oeCM7Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=mIdBM3W9Jiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Ryo died last year

hell no. it's decent, but it's nowhere fucking near a 10/10. Slowboat was better anyway.

>weeb memejazz

babby's first jazz

literal youtubecore jazz

its good but id say its something like a 7/10

its a good album but come on, all the recent talk of it is because of the DUDE JAPANESE JAZZ

this. 6 or 7. It's just enough to put on the bottom of my chart. It's just a nice novelty, it's no masterclass in jazz

it is pretty good and its a shame that people will underrate it out of fear of seeming like a weeb
I would give it an 8/10 though

IMO 8 is pushing it slightly, especially given that letters from a slowboat was actually way better

You might also like this
youtube.com/watch?v=luM6oeCM7Yw

What? How can you like so little music that 6 would make it on your chart at all

Someone should start an essential Youtubecore chart and stick this on there alongside Cigarettes After Sex, Tycho - Dive, Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green, etc

Because I have very high standards for enjoying music. I have very specific tastes, so it's pretty hard to get me to rate anything above 5

I have to basically enjoy an album to put it on my chart to rate it a 6. It's kind of a priori rather than posteriori. It's not barely on my chart because it's a 6, it's a 6 because it's barely good enough to put on my chart.

>Because I have very high standards for enjoying music. I have very specific tastes, so it's pretty hard to get me to rate anything above 5

also to be fair I never put more than 1 album by an artist on my chart. So cut me slack pls

And deru

It's scruff the ruffler. His average mark for albums is probably a 2.

Like he's one of those people that doesn't understand what a normal distribution is and how it inevitable evolves when someone rates music rationally.

>waahhh he doesn't enjoy lots of music like I do

they're not conscious standards faggot. It's not my fault I don't enjoy lots of music

you won't trick me with your devil trips, even tho ur right

>hurr he enjoys a lot of music what a fucking pleb
they're not conscious standards faggot. It's not my fault you are a jaded fuck who wants to look "elite" in the internet

when did I call you a pleb for enjoying lots of music you dick? I literally just said "I think that's a stretch to rate it an 8".

Fair enough, the album per artist thing can make it difficult for me too when I only really love about half a dozen or so artists
I'm not

>Someone who enjoys music by a Japanese artist, he must be a weeaboo
Great logic.

Is it your first day on the chan?

I haven't listened to much jazz, but I've been listening to Ryo for a while now and based on how much I like his music, I feel like I should get into more jazz.

Any recommendations beyond the obvious? I'm planning on trying all kinds of shit, not just other jazz pianists like Ryo. I've already got Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Louis Armstrong, Charles Mingus, Bill Evans and Chick Corea on my radar.

chet baker, alice coltrane, errol garner?
youtube.com/watch?v=mIdBM3W9Jiw

I'll check them out too. Thanks.

Not him, but I think 8/10 is reasonable. Personally I enjoy it quite a bit. It's not some jazz masterpiece but I'd definitely listen to it again if I was in the mood.

and darude sandstorm

>It's not my fault I don't enjoy lots of music

Actually it is