Thoughts?

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dh3bleXWaCk
youtube.com/watch?v=irTktMPbaog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Used to listen to this like 20 times a day 10 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=dh3bleXWaCk

first song I got stoned to

still fantastic

Not their best, self titled album is better.

Eddie hazels dames games and guitar thangs is better than anything he did with funkadelic. Every song he covered on that is better than the original. If you like maggot brain, then you will like this way more

LOOK I STILL LISTEN TO OLD BLACK MUSIC SO I LOOK CULTURED: hipster meme album with one decent track

Most of funk was shit that white hipsters pretend is good

great album with overrated opener. best song is wars of armageddon. the whole album is dope though, it's my go to album for when i'm stoned and don't know what to listen to

gonna do my first listen, what should i expect? im pretty high btw.

good album but funkadelic and parliament have much better.

This album is pretty overrated but your blanket statement on funk is total shit and way out of touch. There is nothing hip about listening to music from the 70's in 2017.

Maggot Brain is some good shit ignore all dissent

Token 'look I'm cultured' album
Still great though but it's only considered one of the best funk albums because it's the most appealing to rockists

it's good, but i don't know why people still praise Hazel for this while his best funk performance is by far on the instrumental version of Dance rockit

Th-this is bait right?

i prefer mothership connection, but it's still good

i disagree
70s funk will always be cool

then why does no one post in /groove/ threads

For sure. It definitely isn't "in" or trendy though, as was implying.

lets take it to the stage beats all of those though

just wanted to share this

youtube.com/watch?v=irTktMPbaog

this is trash

fuck you and your entire family

how the fuck did i imply anything about funk being trendy?

it's not. Mind you overrated doesn't mean bad, it's a fantastic opener, but it's also massively overrated because no one takes about the rest of the album whenever i see it mentioned, although the other tracks are very solid. All of them. The riffs are groovy as fuck, the singing gets me excited, it's fucking great. Wars of Armageddon is my favourite though by far, it gives off a completely drugged out atmosphere that i enjoy. No vocals, just a bunch of competent spaced out musicians jamming the fuck out until the nukes explode at the end, after which they just keep on playing because who cares. Love the nonsense samples as well throughout.

>how the fuck did i imply anything about funk being trendy?

meant to quote my bad

no worries man, i had a feeling you misquoted

I've literally never heard a white hipster talk about funk music before irl.

Maggot Brain is a blues masterpiece.

P-Funk has way better albums though. America eats it's young is their best IMO.

those trips say otherwise fuckface.

>hipster meme album with one decent track
Get the fuck outta here if you think this bullshit
The whole album is 10/10, probably listened to it 200 times by now and I've never gotten sick of it. The opening is incredible, but it works best in the context of the album as a whole. Plus the way it's followed up by Can You Get to That is just perfect.

That's cause they don't, this guy is speaking straight nonsense.

Also, don't agree that it's overrated at all, but Wars of Armageddon is definitely in my top 3 songs on the album

>Plus the way it's followed up by Can You Get to That is just perfect.
fucking this
the opener is great and all, but that transition to can you get to that is phenomenal. I can hardly keep myself from shouting the first lines with the song whenever i hear it.
>I ONCE
>had a life or rather
>LIFE HAD ME

I've listened to this. Thought it was overrated but still enjoyable. Where do I go from there?

listen again

>70s funk will always be cool
Pretty much

Considering that I usually have to listen to albums like a billion times before I feel like I can have a solid opinion on them, sure.

But what's the next Funkadelic album I should listen to?

great record

I haven't listened to heir whole discography, but you might enjoy One Nation Under A Groove. Though the sound is different, but some of the songs, especially who says a funk band can't play rock music are cool as fuck.

Sure. Maybe I'll even get to it today.

DUDE FART SOUNDS LMAO

What is the most underrated Funkadelic album and why is it Tales of Kidd Funkadelic?

Let's take it to the Stage, One Nation Under a Groove, and Cosmic Slop. After that Standing on the Verge of Getting it On

how was it?