Can someone who's made pot brownies tell me why the fuck I need to put at least a half ounce of mid for one fucking...

Can someone who's made pot brownies tell me why the fuck I need to put at least a half ounce of mid for one fucking tray? Jesus fuck I wanna get baked but I also wanna make money too. Does it simply not work on lower doses? A money making recipe would be fucking fantastic but general advice is good too. Double points for shroom brownies, every college kid here is a fucking pussy when it comes to *sniff* eating bad tasting shrooms! Ffs

Also stoner thead I guess.

i don't think you need that much, just cook it in the butter/oil longer.

Dont get me wrong I wanna believe you, but I dont know two things about making pot brownies and every recipe I come across online calls for obsene amounts of green. I dont wanna fuck myself but I also don't wanna fuck potential customers.

Average strain is about 100mg per every 1 gram of bud.

If brownies require 1/2 cup of butter, use 5/8 cup for extraction to account for loss. GET REAL BUTTER. Higher fat content, the better. You need lipids.

Boil water, get to around 200F (not too high, not too low - too much or too little heat will affect how much THC gets activated and bound to the lipids in the butter), add butter, add ground herb, cover with lid, boil for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat, allow to cool, strain out plant material through a cheesecloth or coffee filter, place container of butter/water mix in fridge, butter will harden on top of water.

Scoop off the butter, use it for your brownie recipe.

To calculate dosage, figure out how many brownies you'll have. If your recipe makes 10 and you want 50mg in each, add about 5 grams, maybe a little more to cover any lost to extraction.

Most people fuck up by over/under-heating the butter. It has to be around 200-220F for optimal potency.

Others fuck up by using margarine spread or some other butter substitute, or they just dump their ground bud into the batter like idiots.

This has always been my problem, would love to hear an answer from somebody who knows their shit. I don't want to drop a half-ounce - full ounce just to try it out when I don't even know if it'll be any good (not doubting any of the recipes here, just my own ability to not fuck it up)

I don't need a brownie to fuck me up, just get me decently high

1/4 ounce , stick of butter

full ounce for four cubes

ive done 7 grams in two cubs, should have only done one cube though

you will not make money on edibles thats for sure, unless you get a good price of trim/shake ect. if you wanna get baked efficiently make a firecracker. oil/butter/ect does not matter its saturated fat. so use coconut oil or macadamia nut oil ideally. if not mix oil in with penut butter and a bowl worth of weed google firecracker recipe. if you must do the old fashioned way id recommend coconut oil and a low simmer for at least 2 hours i prefer 4-6 tho personally

If you do them right, they'll launch your ass into another world.

Most people either overheat and burn up their THC in the extraction, or they under-heat it and leave tons in the bud, or they cook it way too long or not long enough.

i mean sticks of butter, not cubes

Eating is a different high, and enters your blood stream differently. You're going to need more to get good and high.

As for mushrooms, the Psilocybin breaks down under heat. Don't bake them, don't make tea. At worst, use a forced air dehydrator, grind 'em up and mix them with a smoothie or something.

Shroom food is the actual easiest. It doesn't require any processing like weed does. You can probably just powder some mushies and add them to brownie batter (although baking it might ruin it, I'm not sure). I just drink it in tea with lemon juice.

Any longer than 90 minutes is unnecessary (assuming you have your water temp right to begin with). 90 minutes at 200-220F, covered.

You can calculate your dosages more accurately than that, and you'll definitely want to have an accurate measurement if you're doing the extraction properly.

Only thing worse than eating a 10mg brownie and feeling nothing is eating a 300mg one and having a 4-hour panic attack.

I've had it in tea a few times and it seemed to come in full force. Does tea get hot enough to break it down?

1oz bud to 1oz butter. Space cake

>make regular brownies
>smoke your pot the nirmal way
>take a bite of brownie after every hit
Nigga why you gotta make lyfe so complicated

This guy is a fucking bro. I was planning on throwin a quarter in there but I'll follow your measurements. And instructable fucks try and tell me 10 mg is a good dose. Faggot's.

Dude, I feel you. I hear a lot of good thingd about edibles but it just seems like faggot's talking out their ass or people who grow weed for a living and have to dump an ounce in their shit just to get a buzz.

That's not what I wanna hear user

Use hash instead

. This guy knows his shit, same way we made brownies to sell in HS. My one note is ise an old crock pot set to low, you can run it for maximum extraction for 4 hours. Plus save your stems from dank or even mods to throw in

Baking actually will ruin it - you don't want to cook psilocybin if you can help it.

You can do a semi-successful tea extraction, but you're looking at a 70% loss usually.

Crush up mushrooms, pour boiled water onto them (no additional heat!), cover, and stir occasionally.

Let them steep in the water ~10 minutes, then strain out the mushroom particles, mix with Kool-Aid powder or whatever to flavor it, add ice, and enjoy.

Generally about 5g of mushrooms per every 12oz of water will give you 2.5-3g doses for every 12oz of tea.

This, edibles are a special occasion stoner meme. They get you high as fuck but it takes too much effort to be anywhere cost effective enough to profit off home mades.

Yes, tea will break it down some. Man up and eat the things raw for max effect. Or spend extra time searching the fields for more to make up for what you lose in the heating process.

dank. I had it in a smoothie once and that was good. Shrooms are the best.

OP here. Wut about pudding or applesauce? Those are strong flavors that you can easily mix shit in.

A crock pot will work, it just takes forever to get it up to temperature.

Once you get the water to around 200-220F, you only need to cook the butter and bud in it for around 90 minutes - longer could burn off some of your THC.

Pic related.

They really aren't bad, grow some balls bro

You want your brownies to be between 10-20mg a square. A gram of weed has 100ish mg in it.

I've never made edibles though so this is all theoretical - but I've taken medical edibles and trust me you want 10-20mg per unless you're some kind of super stoner.

So if you're making a batch of 10 brownies, you can use 1-1.5g of weed (extract the THC obvs). If you're making like a big 24 tray, then use 2-3g.

For me, I like light dosages that I can stack. So I'd make a 24 batch with 1g then cut it into 12ths. Big brownies and I can eat 2-3 to get high.

Cause I wanna make bank bitch. Niggas wanna try out new shit but ain't got the time or means to bake some. That's where I come in.

Also just wondering, are pot brownies technically legal or just easier to get away with?

Yea I mean the crock pot is an easy way to regulate temp without risk of burning it since most have a low setting or an actual temp setting. I always kinda fucked up my brownies the way you described since I would let it get to hot. I'll say this op invest in a thermometer or do it the crock pot way. The best edibles I ever made and the ones I sold were made with a crock pot

Not legal op, we get clients at the law firm busted with brownies. Nc fag btw

Because it doesn't take much of an edible at all to have an effect.

Bro you aint gotta tell me shit. I fuck with shrooms. But I gots too many at my disposal and these college fuckbois dont wanna sully their perfect taste buds for a rocking good time. Shits fucked I know but its the way she goes.

Most people I know of make their edibles out of shake and scraps.

If you want space cookies you need to put it heads and alot. At least half an ounce per tray. Anything else is a waste.

Ok then powder and put into capsules. Boom problem solved. Bonus points, only use caps and charge extra. Boom less pills to take!

you need about 1oz of flowers per cup of oil/butter for a decent extract otherwise i suggest you try to find trim

1lb of trim should be pretty cheap an make about 1 -2 litres of oil, enough for many batches of brownies

Heh not too far from nc. Appreciate the heads up, just figured state laws might be murky enough to save my ass.

I like the way you think friend.

>Anything else is a waste.
You over estimate the average person's tolerance.

The reason there is a large amount is because you need to make a large ammount of butter, if you want to do a smaller ammount of butter then put an equally small ammount of weed compared to the ratios of the recipe

Haha sorry bud but no, nice try though. Used to take weed cookies to school to sell and was always ok
Np buddy, sold some shrooms in my time. Rich college boys will eat up its only caps meme like caviar

Smoothies are a good way to go, since you don't even risk loss by adding heat - you just throw the shrooms in a blender with yogurt or whatever and then go to town.

That'll work too, or you can make chocolates. It's work, though.

Grind up mushrooms, heat chocolate in a double-boiler until melted (but not runny, just enough heat to melt it), remove from heat and stir in mushrooms thoroughly, pour chocolate into molds, harden in the fridge.

This will give you about a 90% yield, so don't overdo it when compensating for loss.

If you're doing 10 3oz bars and you want 2.5g of mushrooms in each, use about 27.5g (extra 10%).

Best way to account for the extra volume of the mushroom material is to melt 30oz of chocolate, scoop some out with a measuring cup, add your mushrooms, then add some of the plain chocolate back in until it reaches the same level in the boiler as before.

By ok I meant fairly stealth. They were green to haha

I was actually about to post that we had shrooms chocolates in boone in high school that were great

Sounds like a plan. Fuck I need to buy a good crockpot anyway. Fucking things are versitile.

But fucking why though?

The smell is definitely there too.

Chocolates or gummies are the stealthiest. These are awesome.

They're pretty awesome. Like I said, it is a ton of work though, and there's still some loss.

I find that the earthy, bitter shroom taste mixes with regular milk chocolate and makes it taste sort of like a weird dark chocolate.

Dark chocolate pretty much completely covers it up.

It's worth noting that while the brownies are baking in their trays grind some leaves up and sprinkle them on the top like 15min before they're done.
If u get it right they'll be crisp and toasted but not burnt and it tastes pretty fucking great against the sweetness of the chocolate.

Not OP, thanks for typing all that out.

Op I'll also ass that when we made brownies the crock pot way we used an ounce of mid but we cut the brownies small. So basically a tray of 10 was cut into 20 and sold at $10 each netting $200 on a $100 ounce. Just saying consider using alot but making smaller baked items than the recipe reccomends. I always half ed the recommended amount of cookie size for weed cookies

>why use so much bud?

It depends on the THC content of your bud.

If it's mids, you're looking at around 8-12% THC, so between 80-120mg per gram.

Medical-grade will be anywhere from 17-24% and on up, so you can use less.

I've never done this before - couldn't hurt though.

I usually make turtle brownies, and I've actually used cannabutter in both the brownie recipe and the caramel topping recipe before.

No practical reason to do it, but it stills works the same.

0,5g-1,5g of bud for 1person. depends, but more for 1portion is to much

Idk man small brownies would fuck me up if I was paying good money for em. Id rather just make two trays if only for the sake of bigger brownies. Appreciate the numbers bro. I'm a numbers guy.

That's a pretty decent rule if you don't know the THC content of your flower.

It's not hard to estimate though - if it seems like mids, it's probably about 8-12% THC, so a gram would have 80-120mg. If it seems pretty dank (medical-grade), it's probably between 17-24%, so a gram would be anywhere from 170-240mg.

If you follow the .5/person rule for mids, you're looking at possibly ending up with

hey dude
just saying me and my roomates just get all the leaf and stem left over from us pickng up nd use a couple ounces of that in the butter instead of wasting actual bud, you probs dont get AS rekt but you should still get stoned as fuck