~Like Ants to Chocolate~

~Like Ants to Chocolate~

Rules:
1. First reply goes.
2. Choose an actual choice, aye?
3. Don't fuck the rules.

First day of college! Your schedule has been laying on your desk for the better part of two weeks, reminding you the little freedom you experienced was going to be ripped away soon. But everyone always told you that college was so much better than high school, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad?

You walk into the classroom and everyone has already formed their own little groups of conversing while they wait for the teacher. Toward the front are a bunch of dudes gathered around laughing loudly, talking about god knows what. Nearby is a small group of three girls all vapidly droning on. And in the corner you see two girls and a guy intently talking about something you can't quite catch.

CHOICES:
>The guys.
>The girls.
>Corner.
>Rough it alone.

The girls

"Hey gals." You approach with a bright smile. Each of them give you a glance of what can only be described as uncertain disgust before slowly returning their attention to the conversation. "Exciting first day, eh?" Seeing that you're being persistent one of them smiles. She's blonde, green eyes.

"Yeah, you're a freshman right?" She stands to offer you her hand. "Sadie, nice to meet you." You shake hands and she goes through introducing you to each of the girls. Jessica is black haired, and Emily is brown haired. "How are you finding the school so far?" Her eyes glance behind you at the door, widening slightly.

CHOICES:
>Good.
>Okay.
>Eh..
>Glance behind you.

glance

You quickly shoot your own glance over your shoulder toward the door seeing another girl entering. Her orange hair is kept in a prim pixie cut around her face. "Oh my god, hey Savannah!" Sadie practically pushes you out of the way to get over to Savannah. "It's been so long!" The girl non-chalantly smiles and mutters agreement, moving past her. A nod is given to the group who are all staring at her in disbelief. You can practically feel the whispers beginning to wave throughout the room.

CHOICES:
>Talk to Savannah.
>Ask Sadie who she is.
>Take your seat.
>Listen to whispers.

ask sadie

Sadie appears to be dumbfounded by the girl's appearance. "Hey, uh," you have to tap her shoulder to get her attention. "Who is that?"

"Oh, right, you don't know.. That's Savannah Rhodes. She was entering her Junior year when I was a freshman but she took a break from school. She was gone for a year, and supposedly no one heard anything from her." You cock your head to the side. What was so special about that? "She's super popular, and she was doing really well so it came as a huge surprise when she took a break. And here she is, mysteriously back just as mysteriously as she left." ..Sadie definitely had a flair for drama.

The teacher walks in, waving everyone into seats. You have to take one several seats away from Sadie or Savannah, both surrounded rather quickly. And... You dropped your pen.

CHOICES:
>Get it yourself.
>Try to get someone's attention.
>Just hope to god you don't need to take notes.

get it yourself

It has rolled a few desks away so you make a few steps to get it. You have to kneel down to grasp it, and when you do you feel a cold gaze on you. The stare feels like it can see through your very soul, into your core. When you look up you catch Savannah's face turning away and back to the front of class. Was she frowning?

You make your way back to the desk as the teacher goes through exactly what you can expect from the course. It was just Psych101 so it was nothing too big. Actually, why was a returning Junior in Psych101?

CHOICES:
>Observe Savannah.
>Listen closely to teacher.
>Daydream.

bormperoo

observe

Throughout the entire class she keeps her eyes on the front of the class. her expression stays in a neutral zone. Not entirely bitchy looking, but enough to suggest she doesn't want to talk to anyone. Was something wrong, or was she just nonplussed to be here?

Class quickly came to an end and she was swamped by everyone. Girls flaunting about trying to grab her attention, and guys trying to get close to her and talk to her. Eventually Sadie and her girls worked their way to her and you can just barely catch a 'Why don't we go out for lunch to celebrate your return?' For the first time that morning you see her smile but... It feels wrong. Like it was forced. But no one else seems to recognize it. "Yeah sure, I'll pay."

CHOICES:
>Go on to next class.
>See if you can get in.
>Continue to observe.

See if you can get in

"Lunch? Can I come in?" Sadie looks at you, her eyes flashing an emotion you can't pinpoint. She begins to object but Savannah stops her, offering you that same smile she did everyone else.

"Sure, the more the merrier." Her voice was so flat. There was obviously faux happiness and welcoming there. But it was so... fake. How was she so popular!? "We'll go after next class." The Sadie Bunch all agreed ecstatically. You just nod. How was she going to pay for all of you?

CHOICES:
>Next class without any of the group.
>Savannah in next class.
>Sadie in next class.
>Skip next class.

Savannah in next class

Slowly the group splits away, leaving you trailing Savannah. Did she think you were following her? Fortunately, she was going to the same class as you. It was an elective Art History. You had taken it purely to fill the spot. Without even a glance your way or a cursory remark she splits from you and takes a seat near the front of the class. Once again her face defaulted. Her arms crossed over her chest, and she sighed ever so slightly. ...Why were you paying this much attention to her anyway?

CHOICES:
>You want to find out why it was such a big deal she left.
>She seems cool and you want to be on her good side.
>She's cute.
>Friendsies!

Want to find out why it was such a big deal she left

That was it, of course. She had just gone on a break. A lot of people done it nowadays. Why was her doing so such a big event? Sure she was popular, but what did that matter? There had to be a deeper meaning. Something someone wasn't letting on to. And this was on top of how she was acting. Was everyone else blind? Were you just imagining it?

You had been staring at her the entire time as you thought. She seemed to take notice. A raised eyebrow in inquiry. No frown though. Nor a smile. Just... neutral curiosity.

CHOICES:
>Oh sorry, spaced out.
>Uhm...
>Hi, I'm user I don't think I got a proper introduction earlier.

Hi, I'm user I don't think I got a proper introduction earlier.

"Hi, I'm user. I.. Don't think we were properly introduced earlier." There was that damned smile again.

"Nice to meet you user. I guess you probably gathered by now that I'm Savannah. Nice to make your acquaintance." And just like that, as if the conversation hadn't even happened, she turned her attention back to the front of the room. The teacher walked in shortly afterward and began his introduction. You tuned most of it out, but you did catch the ending:

"And while I am your professor just know that my office is always open. I am available to talk about whatever you may need help with. Even if it isn't academia." ...And class eventually came to a close. Much slower than Psych, that was for sure. Savannah stood from her desk, paused and turned to you.

"Still on for lunch?"

CHOICES:
>Oh, yeah!
>Definitely.
>Actually...
>Oh, I'm sorry, I just remembered!

Definitely

"Definitely!" She throws you a small nod before walking out the door. When you follow you find The Sadie Bunch is already there surrounding her.

"Where are we going Savannah?" The girl ponders the question, gently grasping a stray stand of hair. "There's this great new chinese place nearby.." Savannah glances at the girl talking with a nod.

"Sounds good." It takes you all about fifteen minutes to get their from campus. It's only opened within the last month, and it's an all-you-can-eat buffet. Savannah gets a table and motions for everyone to go get what they want as she sis.

CHOICES:
>Sit with her.
>Get your food.

sit with her

Sit with her

You decide to keep her company and sit at the table with her. Directly across from her, actually. Once again she's raising her eyebrow at you. "Thought I'd keep my gracious host some company," you tease. She just rolls her eyes with a coy smile before looking to everyone else. It felt real this time.. And it looked much prettier when it did. You most likely had a few moments before the others returned.

CHOICES:
>You sure you can afford to pay for everyone?
>Thank her for doing this.
>Ask why she took the break.

thank

Ask why she took the break

"Thanks for buying lunch." She shrugs as if it was nothing. "I'll try to buy it for you next time."

"Mhm." Sadie is the first to sit down. Just to Savannah's right.

"Okay you two, you can go get your food now~" The singsong tone really suited her.

CHOICES:
>Get food.
>Wait for others to get back.
>See what Savannah does.

>is there an option to sneak a creep shot cuz that's my specialty

If not I'll get food

You don't have to be told twice. Without checking if your would-be host is doing the same you rise and go to the buffet. A few minutes later and you're returning with a hefting plate. "There is no way you're actually eating all that... Is there?" Sadie stares at the plate absolutely flabbergasted.

"Of course there is, just watch me!" You boast before you begin to scarf it down. ...Another bonechilling sensation runs through your body. It's all-too-familiar.

CHOICES:
>Continue to eat, fuck it.
>Look around.
>Wait for it to pass.

have a look

Closing up shop, feel like death. Thanks for the fun guys, didn't get to where I wanted buuuut close~