Why does the internet love shitty anime so goddamn much? Actually, scratch that...

Why does the internet love shitty anime so goddamn much? Actually, scratch that. I could understand liking something as a guilty pleasure, but the internet doesn't do that. They hoist up garbage anime as bastions of storytelling and characterization, when most of it is obviously schlocky melodrama for children, with the rest being cheesy fanservice for neckbeards.

Pointing this out is like pointing out that 99% of Doctor Who is schlocky garbage - you get massively flamed and shut down for "not understanding".

mfw I feel like I'm going insane

ur not insane. anime & dr who are garbage.

inb4 'derp ya'll just ain't watch the right anime yet hyuick'

Because some people can't move on from childhood, and find the aesthetics of animation almost soothing in a way, since the real world almost always sucks for them.

Most anime fans don't have any real, human relationships, and look to cartoon characters as their friends.

Very pathetic.

anime is for failed artists who can't draw noses

I just don't understand how people can't notice this shit. It'd be different if people acknowledged "hey this isn't the best but I like watching it" then it would be fine. But they're always like "Full Metal Alchemist/InuYasha/SenpaiSim is the greatest story ever made, and anyone who disagrees is a idiot".

I agree with you OP.

-because it sucks their dick and glorifies their autism

sort of like how SAO is entirely autist-fuckboy-fanservice

tbh, there are a few episodes of Dr. Who that are actually good. Although the series as a whole, as well as the 'dedicated fanbase', are just cancerous.

>tbh, there are a few episodes of Dr. Who that are actually good. Although the series as a whole, as well as the 'dedicated fanbase', are just cancerous.

That's another thing. I liked Rick & Morty but it has the most obnoxious fanbase in existence. I was interested in watching Stranger Things but the constant shitposting for it on Reddit made me not even want to bother.

Fucking Japs never got over "Prince Planet" and have been turning out endless variations of it ever since

This.

>They hoist up garbage anime
Post your favorite anime list so that we can judge you for your shit taste.

All anime is degenerate.

In this thread: people who came into a Chinese cultural infiltration website to say that some people who like some things can be idiots about it.

People know the show and that's why you didn't watch it?

Rick and Morty is another great example. It has some very clever episodes, but overhype has built it up to an unsustainable level of expectation.

It has come to the point where if 5-10% of the episode is funny, then it somehow justifies the rest of the phoned in bullshit.

People seem to be desperate to feel part of a group and will forgive/orgasm over anything if it keeps them "in the pack". This ultimately ruins the objective opinion of the individual, whether praise or displeasure.

>"Whatever I claim to enjoy is a reasonable replacement for my lack of personality. I can own whatever intelligence I'm able to derive from the humor I view."
>"that is SO me!"

Like what you like, dislike what you don't. Fuck fandoms and hiveminds.

So a show sucks because other people enjoy it and obsess over it? Stop reading other people's opinions and just enjoy shit for what entertainment it brings you.

Hell, I watch Naruto just because it kinda reminds me of DBZ with all the crazy powers and shit. I don't think it's something spectacular, but I do enjoy the time I spend watching it.

This thread is about as stupid as arguing dubs vs subs.

>fully integrated virtual reality video games
Dunno dude, as much as you may hate it that shit sounds pretty damn cool. Imagine street fighter where you throw each punch. Would make for some pretty awesome game play if that shit was possible. Was more entertained with the possibilities than the waifu chasing bullshit.

Proving OP's point by getting defensive way too early

itt: whiney dickbags.

OP doesn't have a point, he has a gripe. "Your anime is shit," he says, and fails to offer up his own, superior taste as proof that he knows what good anime is.

y u mad tho

Why bitch and moan faggot? Is there anything you would suggest or are you just shit talking the whole genre. I'm not particularly a fan of the over the top colorful looking shit, but some of the recently made netflix originals are pretty tight. Ajin, knights of sydonia and death note. That's all I've watched. Recommend all of them.

Too bad op is a fag and can't communicate well.

>"your anime is shit"
>op didn't name a single anime to target as being "shit"
>immediately defensive anyway
>m-muh animu

People are spending way too much time online and reading other peoples opinions, every couple of weeks i take an internet break and its made myself and my life more positive, i dont watch a lot of anime or very often but like once a year ill get in the mood for it and since i liked gundam wing as a kid i usually download a gundam series i havent seen, i have no idea how praised or autistic their followings are, i dont go looking for approval, i just like them and i like mechs. Maybe take some time off the internet and stop giving a fuck about other peoples opinions and it might lighten you up a bit and make things less negitive

He said the internet loves shitty anime, then, assuming is also him, he singled out FMA and Inu Yasha. Granted, he's right about Inu Yasha.

I think a reason for this is because of the fandom and content. Look at other hobbies, most of what everyone sees online in entry level shit, like with drawing or movies you see mostly people who dabble in them post a lot, anyone whose crazy balls deep into passions usually aint online praising up fanservice or easy to learn shit. Ao i think with anime, anyone whose crazy into writing and storytelling isnt going to be on reddit or here talking about a beach episode, chances are they are animators and will discuss with other animators or artists about styles of studios and how animation has changed or why it has or even how stories are told through different mediums. All you see is "inuyasha changed how i think about stories" because those are the vocal majorities who like anime and nothing much else

95% of anime is either made for toddlers, tweens or for single, sexually repressed senpais. Most are budgeted and designated to accompany a game, a business or a toy line. Rare is the anime made because of a good story. And of those, some/most are still shit. I can get the appeal of series based on visual novels, with 20+ cuties and a shitload of merch-money poured into animation, but it's created to sate lustful jap NEETs, not to reach the generic westerners heartstrings. Same with series made here in the west, if it has enough financial momentum, pure poop will reach your screen. Rare is the quality show that both gets pitched, produced and to season 3/end without surrendering to catering to fuckwits, financial backers, censorship, ratings or pandering to a perceived "fanbase". Not to sound like a shill for indie productions, but at least a higher percentage of what they create have substance. Not just endless, rehashed slop.

Thats a good and true point as well

Yeah, about the only amine I've ever enjoyed was called Paranoia Agent. It's sort of about a spat of assaults by a kid wielding a baseball bat. There's an episode where they catch the kid and he's being interrogated, and the kid straight up thinks he's living some medieval anime - which the show used as a way to completely satirize the bullshit related to most anime.