What's some cool looking chest armor that I may not be aware of?

What's some cool looking chest armor that I may not be aware of?

I'm looking for something of an obscure design, some strange-looking piece of chest armor from history that may not even be practical to wear in combat. I need inspiration for a humanoid robot character that I'm trying to design.

CHEST ARMOR THREAD!

Skin. It keeps plenty of stuff out

skin is vulnerable to both blunt and bladed strikes.

Lamellar armor is pretty diverse looking

but it regenerates, and sometimes stronger than before

this is a cool looking armor

fascinating, I like how it's layered

Also fire, fire is super effective against skin.

this tinfoil armor is great too

>Also fire, fire is super effective against skin.
depends on the strength of the persons skin and if his skin has been adapted to fire before, a blacksmiths hands (unless he is a pussy and use gloves) are pretty thick and hardened against burning. a blacksmith i worked with could grab a glowing piece of iron from the fire and put it on his anvil with his bare hand if he was quick and according to him he did not burn himself when he did that

note that every time he did that there was a funny smell

Brutal. Sounds like the dude has some quality dad hands. Big meaty mitts for hands.

i heard jews builded a natural protection against ovens in the last 100years too

Also any ceremonial armor is generally ornate and not totally practical

Mughal Plate Mail can look pretty cool and wasn't seen very widely in Europe iirc (oriental/indian origins.)

Scale Mail was technically obscure historically, but modern fantasy's obsession with dragon-scale armor had made it almost ubiquitous nowadays. Still looks smooth and shiny AF.

Huns wore some pretty impressive looking armor. On that subject, the original Hussars actually didn't wear full-metal armor, but rather thick layered wool that was run through with metal wires. Effective vs slashes and arrows, and light enough to avoid strikes from hammers in many situations, though it probably doesn't work for a robot.

Polish Winged Hussars wore some bitchin' armor, but you kinda have to keep the wings.

Japanese Kikko armor has quite a distinctive look, though somewhat similar to Mughal Plate Mail, though the plates tended towards being hexagons as against rectangular plates.

Those are all the ones off the top of my head. Hope it helps.

he was not fat or particularly bulky, but his hands were kind of the thickest and roughest i have seen

Brigandine armour. Basically leather with plates on the inside. It's where fantasy artists got the idea of "studded leather" armour

Op pls nerf.

get a load of chestdick over here

catfish-tail kawari kabuto

17th-18th century.

Super impractical ha

Bear Paw Armor Cuprum Arm Guard, Indo Persian Islamic Empire Dynasty

google "Bear hunting armor" funky looking and efficient

That is a sweet looking suit of plate mail. I mean, damn.