Gorillaz - Humanz

now that the dust has settled
what went wrong?

blur are the worst fucking band ever conceived

MONAYYYY

Just listen to The Magic Whip instead

>Elevator Going Up: three stars
nice

I personally really like it, a lot more than I thought I would.

The tracks I like I really love (Ascension, We Got The Power, Strobelite, ESPECIALLY Let Me Out), while the tracks I dislike slip out of my brain when I'm not listening to them.

>5 fucking interludes
>Albarn appears as the primary vocalist on roughly four of the tracks
>The rest are featured vocalists literally chosen by Albarn's 17 year old daughter
>Their least cohesive album yet, tracks ranging from banger club rap to Top 40 Pop, NOTHING reminiscent of any of their previous albums which had a very unique hip-hop/alt rock fusion
>Worst album artwork to date
>No interactive website, we get a fucking phone app instead

Am I missing anything

>Saturn Barz rated higher than Ascension or Andromeda
>doesn't show the later half of the album

>made largely on an iPad again
forgot that

Shoulda just made a trip hop album, the 90s are en vogue again anyway

320 dl link pls?

soulseek
this.
I miss the sample based warm beats of their first album and the production of Demon Days, this is just so stripped back in a bad way

>the deluxe version has 26 songs
Hmm...

Why the fuck do they keep doing this? I'm pretty sure The Fall didn't get any real positive feedback so why would Albarn go back and do it not for a little project album, but for the band's fucking 7 year comeback?

Do they think its more impressive because they gimped themselves on equipment? That's like Leo winning his fucking Oscar because he did a mediocre performance but "suffered in shooting" for it.

it's really good, She's My Collar is one if the best songs Gorillaz have done since DD.

>Charger
>1 star

what
he just wrote the songs on an iPad

literally nothing

agreed, i'm really liking this album

i think its easily their weakest album if you dont count the fall as a real album

agree strongly

it's not shit or anything but it isn't on par with Demon Days, Plastic Beach, or the good tracks off their debut album

>Charger 1 star
>She's my collar 1 star
>submission just 3 stars

Is this bait?
If not close the thread cause you're retarded

>it sucks
not so fucking smug now are you damen you fucking tart LG x

I do prefer their other albums but I don't think it's "easily" their weakest

I don't see why. The singles from their previous three big albums were the ones that defined them, at least to normies. There is not one song on Humanz that sounds like it has the staying power that 19/2000, Clint Eastwood, Feel Good Inc, Dare, Dirty Harry, Stylo, Melancholy Hill, or Rhinestone Eyes. If I had to nominate a single song it'd have to be Andromeda but that's only one single whereas 2/3 previous albums had three memorable singles.

I'm 7 songs in and don't remember if I ever heard Damon / 2D singing. Did I download a fake album or something

Let me out is the only song I actually like :/

What's the point on talking shit about the new album? In some months you will love it, just like happened with Plastic Beach.

Is it just me or the mixing is terrible? The vocals are way louder than the instrumentals in the version I found.

terrible album cover

There might be a decent album here chopped down to around 10 songs but it was way too bloated and didn't have nearly enough going for it to run as long as it did.

Feat.

Haven't listened to it, but I have already convinced myself I don't like it

idk if you were around for PB's release but neither stylo, melancholy hill, or rhinestone eyes ever caught on with 'normies.' They're good songs but no song on the album ever came close to anything off DD or S/T in terms of pop appeal. Reactions to PB at first were very similar to the way Humanz is being received now.

If i start liking this after a couple of month....
Hats of to Albarn

but i liked plastic beach from my first listen because it actually felt like a gorillaz album and not "random artist featuring an underwhelming chorus by damon albarn #15"

BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS BEEN LISTENING TO A HORRIBLE QUALITY LEAK

NO ONE HAS HEARD THE PROPER ALBUM YET BUT EVERYONE IS JUDGING IT

I HATE THIS FUCKING BOARD

this is literally what most Gorillaz fans thought PB felt like

somehow i don't think the quality is going to change the album from being a collection of underwhelming choruses from damon featuring like 20 artists half of which are mediocre

but that's not what PB was. it was certainly feature heavy but not THIS feature heavy. PB actually has energy and gravitas, Humanz feels boring and uninspired.

>somehow i don't think the quality is going to change the album from being a collection of underwhelming choruses from damon featuring like 20 artists half of which are mediocre
That's because you never wanted to like it to begin with. It's like downloading a fucking cam rip of a movie in theatres and doing a review. Nothing is more pleb than this shit.

Humanz has for more energy than PB. PB is a great album but Humanz has a lot more interesting use of sounds and collaborators. There's nothing on PB as wild as Momentz or as sinister as Carnival. Humanz is a lot of things but it's definitely not boring or uninspired.

>now that the dust has settled
I'm actually still pretty rustled family

no, i did want to like it. gorillaz are one of my favorite artists and i really liked saturn barz and andromeda, so i had decently high hopes. just compare this to demon days, there's no fucking competition.

well alright you're entitled to that opinion but the majority of the songs here made me want to fall asleep

>Andromeda
>3
and there goes OP's credibility

Fair enough. But I mean did you really think this was going to be as good as the first 3? How often do bands make their best work after 2 decades?

well no. but i expected it to at least sound like a gorillaz album. most of the songs are at least pretty good, they just sound nothing like gorillaz.

>Momentz
What the fuck was he thinking, Sup Forums?

'sounds like gorillaz'

are you memeing? Damon has said multiple times that there is predetermined sound for Gorillaz. He and Jamie basically agree to do a new Phase and then Damon does whatever he wants.

right, i realize that none of their albums are alike. but there's a difference between changing up the sound and completely sucking the soul out of everything.

one of my favorite bands is ulver. they went from atmospheric black metal to neofolk to raw black metal to various forms of electronic & ambient music, modern classical, art rock, and most recently synthpop.

the difference between ulver and gorillaz is that ulver didn't change their sound so many times just to be eclectic. they actually did those sounds really well. most importantly, they didn't almost completely displace their vocalist, which is pretty much what happened on humanz.

half-assed songwriting, shit cover art, and iPad production. 7 god damn years.

>Busted and Blue 4/5

HA its such a shitty song, prove me otherwise.

I liked both PB and Humaz from my first listen because I'm not an autist who keeps going on about how "IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE A GORILLAZ ALBUM"

alright good for you

Shit FUCKING taste

>Seven FUCKING YEARS FOR THIS

Yeah I'm pretty mad considering every album Gorillaz has put out pre-The Fall has been great