Prometheus

So why did Prometheus kill Peter Weylund and everyone in the control room? It never went into any detail on why he freaked out.

MANEMA
UNAMURTOS TERA

When your mom wakes you up at 9am so you can go to the store early and get more hot pockets, you're going to be in a grumpy state of mind

>this movie
>explaining anything

Can we all agree that Idris was the best part of that movie?

No shitposts please I'm seriously trying to have a discussion.

This movie was garbage, but that is such a nitpicky thing to point out. Obviously he didn't want to help them and felt it was worth killing them for wanting to be immortal.

Did you need the movie to spoonfeed you everything that was happening like it was DBZ??

STOP

He's a decent actor, but his accent and character were ridiculous and out of place in a similar way to the other characters being ridiculous and out of place, just not as exaggerated as Fifield's and other guy's stupid dialogue and actions. His character was another misstep in a weird script.

Probably confused about waking up and immediately being confronted by a group of small ugly hairy animals that resemble his own race. Considering all of the engineers left the planet because something went ape shit and started killing them he had no reason to believe they were docile.

Didn't the Sup Forumsayys in this movie want to exterminate all human life? That would explain the little fit he threw

Oh okay.

I think Prometheus could tell that David was an Android, and was perhaps insulted by the fact that he was being spoken to by a creation of his own creation.
Or perhaps David had studied the language wrong and said something insulting to Prometheus.
Or perhaps Prometheus was angry that his own creation (the humans) had made an Android and he perceived the Android as an imitation of his own work.

It also could be a Christ analogy of some sorts, since the rest of the film has a heavy basis in Christianity and the story of Jesus.

Interesting theory. Perhaps he was insulted by Peter Weylund asking for eternal life and therefore insinuating that they were equals?

because they were like cockroaches to him. you don't let cockroaches crawl around on your electronics, do you?

This is what I took from the scene. Actually what I understood is that humans are cattle to be used for experiments. They were gonna test the aliums thing on us.

I would prefer this explanation but I know the script wasn't that high brow.

Maybe they had an incident with another race they created that managed to track them down like the earthlings and did something to make them realize they made a huge mistake. Instead of taking any chances he decided to fuck their shit up.

>did something to make them realize they made a huge mistake.

That something is alluded as Christ in the movie. Jesus was actually an engineer from space

Prometheus=god

we can't understand god or why he does his god things. wala

prometheus was the god against the gods. prometheus gave humans fire (really the knowledge to make fire), and was punished by the other gods for eternity for it.

the movie is shallow and ridiculous, but you can't just say that hes a god so there. the prometheus story is atleast 3000 years old and his reasoning has stayed consistent.

his punishment is different in different versions, but his reasoning is consistent.

>wala
Fuck off Jack you fat fuck.

I think theres more to this scene than what we saw in the final cut.

Scientifically, we know humanity has been increasing in height over the generations. Millennia ago, we were probably four or five feet tall, tops.

All of a sudden, this six foot tall android shows up making them aware that their status as galactic big guys is threatened.

He had no other choice.

>Engineers make humans
>Not happy with them
>Send jesus (literally)
>We kill him
>Okay time to wipe out all humanity
>About to send black goo to kill us all
>Some Engineer drops a vial of goo or something and all of them get killed
>They apparently completely forget about us, despite being super advanced and their base gets wiped out
>We wake one up from the "murder all humans" base
>Tell them we want to be gods too
>He gets buttmad and kills everyone

That is literally it.

>wa la
im loving this desu

He killed them because they were white. Reminder white people should have died off by then

No he was white. they were pink.

When around Pink, things stink.

He was literally white, they were the true aryans

Prometheus had been asleep for 2000 years and the last thing he remembered was his pal Jesus was killed by the humies and all his crew killed after he dropped a vase, so then when he woke up with manlets talking down to him no wonder he was mad

Imagine an insect coming up to you and demanding you do something.

Why did a little fish come out of Holloway's eye?

They were not kvlt enough.

reminder that no one can follow/explain how that black stuff eventually becomes the xenomorph in alien

Weyland had David tell the Engineer that his creator, Weyland, was a master of life just like the Engineer because he was able to create David.

Decapitating David wasn't just to remove a threat, it was to make a point. With that he was saying 'you think this stupid toy makes you god you insolent bastard?' And as others have pointed out they clearly were intending to destroy humanity before the goo got loose so this guy already had extermination on his mind and just got back to it after being woken up.

>black stuff creates life-forms that specialize in killing
>xenomorph specializes in killing
>at some point the goo got into contact with something and the resulting mutation was the xenomorph
Simple enough. And since Engineer and human DNA is supposed to be very similar and at the end an Engineer spawned a xenomorph-like creature I don't think that it's a stretch to say that the xenomorph's came from the goo interacting with engineer's or humans. I think that maybe the goo knows what life-forms are around and creates something specifically specialized in killing them. Does anybody else think that makes sense and that the xenomorphs are the goo's tailored solution to humanity?

No.

This.
They have dated the incident 2,000 years ago.

>not David

user, what are you doing?

these imo

David was a novice of the Prometheus language and unknowingly mentioned the bonus situation. Prometheus thus cleansed every single person involved in the mission.

I feel like the Engineer's suits were based off the actual Space Jockey creature. Th original had fucks fangs and shit. That was no fucking suit. It was a creature.

Clearly the Engineers were engineered, too.

This . There is a small deleted scene of the conversation between David and the engineer where it gets clear that engineers value self sacrifice highly and he gets disgusted with Weyland arrogance. No idea why they took it out.
Maybe because it explains things

Prometheus killed Weylund because he wasn't bald. It was obvious that they weren't of the Promethei species.

In the end of the novel Aliens: Earth War, Billie and Wilks encounter a space jockey in a space suit.

>Space Jockey wasn't some sort of elephant-face alien race

I'll never forgive that.

>in Greek mythology, best known as the deity in Greek mythology who was the creator of mankind and its greatest benefactor, who stole fire from Mount Olympus and gave it to mankind.

Maybe the guy who created us wasn't supposed to do that? He stole "the fire" from his people and gave it to us in the form of intelligent life. Maybe his people, like the one on the ship, see us as an aberration, an affront.

Idk, the movie was pretty silly with that rolling ship squashing Charlize like she was a human cartoon.

He was a mad cunt

That... actually makes sense. Fuck.