Imagine if you had a star the size of a softball. Like a legit star, with a core and everything...

Imagine if you had a star the size of a softball. Like a legit star, with a core and everything. Imagine the kind of power that would be if it were weaponized.

Or if you had two that were about the same size and you smashed them into eachother, that would have to fuck some shit up.

gimme a sec, i am going to calculate this.

This is the plot to spiderman 2

and imagine if one of those were a regular 1,000c lava sun and the other were a -1,000c ice sun!

What? Really?

i would blow up nigas man, just fuck shit up

k

dr. oz has the power of the sun in the palm of his hands.
you cant always have what you want

Thats not what I was saying though. If you had two stars the size of a softball here on earth and smashed them together at incredibly high speed it would probably cause some kind of reaction that obliterates anything in it's path.

That sun would fizzle out instantly. The gravity it had would not keep it together.

In summary: You're a retard.

>i was trolling the entire time

Seriously though, technical bullshit aside it's a hypothetical question. If it somehow happened because magnets and shit what kind of destruction would something like that cause?

I guess the retards on Sup Forums have lost their ability for creative thinking and just regurgitate everything they learned in high school then?

With a handful of hydrogen...You could ignite it and make some steam.

What if you could wear a star as armor.
(doesn't burn on the inside, only the outside)

You would literally be invincible.

A star with the mass of the sun squeezed down to that size would make a black hole, you retarded faggot.

thats the theory behind cold/nonthermal plasma you tard

yeah right moron. People could see you even better especially at night. to be totallin invincible you'd need an armor made out of black holes so the light doesn't bounce back.

Achieving nuclear fusion outside of a star or reactor is how you scorch half of the planet

The density would collapse it into a black hole.

Who said anything about it retaining its mass at a smaller size? The size is scaled down so the mass is too.

What would someone attack him with then?

Then it wouldn't fuse hydrogen. So it wouldn't be a star.

A katana, they can slice through suns like tank armor

You want to do nuclear fusion or fission with a handful of hydrogen? Good luck. Better to do it with a heavy, radioactive element, like Uranium or something. Way more energy and easier to do. Kind of like, oh idk, a fucking nuclear reactor...

All of this. The "hypothetical" question is pointless. You can't have a star that size because the properties of a star (aka the things you're trying to "use") do not permit it.

This tecno-scio cult shit has truly atrophied our imagination. Welp, we had a good run I guesz

There's a book called singularity about a microscopically small blackhole hitting earth. Wasn't the best writing but the idea was cool

Fullmetal too much?

It would just instantly evaporate, because its own gravity wouldn't be able to hold it together. Not much of a weapon, really.

The point, my retarded friend, is that you can't make a star that small. It doesn't work.

Good sci-fi goes with what we already know and runs wild with what we don't yet know. It grounds it in realism while igniting the imagination, making it more compelling. If you just disregard realism altogether, especially in SCIENCE fiction, you just leave people pissed off.

Oh we're playing that game. Sorry, my imagination tends to run on a foundation of currently-accepted reality. I generally take what we think we know, and stretch it just just far enough outside of observed science. Like the X-Files.

Back to the game:

> how would weaponize
> what destruction caused

Ok, say we have a(n impossible) softball sun. What do we do? Throw it at someone? What are we throwing it with? Ignore how we store and project it? ok. So it hit's the target. It fucks the target up a little because it's hot, right? I would think one of two things would happen:

1) With the addition of the considerably colder, and more massive target, the star cools rapidly. The fusion/fission won't intensify or even keep up because of the rapidly decreasing temperature. Very soon, it becomes a hot, radioactive gas cloud that probably blinded the target and might give them cancer in a few years, but dissipates into its surroundings.

2) We're ignoring so many other things, let's ignore some more. It stays together, bounces off the target, lands on the ground and starts feeding. This is what we were really going for, right? As it gathers fuel from the target and its surroundings, it gets hotter and burns brighter. At this point, the weapon we've created in a universe without rules will continue feeding and growing until the whole planet is gone. We've given it the power to stabilize and grow without a means to stop it. Less of a weapon, more of an existence-ending doomsday device.

>tl;dr

Mind blown and kek

Google "hydrogen bomb"

Those are still much bigger than a softball.

Yea, I don't think the star would be functional that small.
The star burns hydrogen and creates helium (fusion?)
If the star is too small, it would probably lack the mass to draw in helium and create the process, thus failing and dying.
Just a guess though.

if this sun could really exist it wouldnt float like in space since gravity so it would fall and burn trough the earth and end up in its core which would bake the earth from inside out