Has anyone else ever had a psychotic episode? If post what happened?

Has anyone else ever had a psychotic episode? If post what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/electroconvulsive-therapy-ect/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do u mean?

I smashed my monitor and broke a cupboard in the kitchen then my wife got my mum to help her take me to hospital. They kept me in for observation overnight then prescribed me anti-psychotics. There was no follow up without a minimum of 6 months waiting on a list and the drugs they gave me made me incapable of staying awake most of the time, let alone doing basic things like having a shower or making a sandwich.

NHS ftw.

If you've had temporary states of psychosis?

ive Been palmed off with ssri's

I would have been too, but I'd been prescribed everything GP's are qualified to prescribe with either no effect or just terrible side effects with no benefits.

I'm currently un-medicated, on another waiting list.

So whats next for you? Cbt?

I've done CBT, the problem is I need some kind of medication to keep me on an even level to just be able to see it through. I think it'd definitely work if I was stable.

At this point I'm considering ECT.

ECT?

Electroconvulsive therapy

Shit. Are there any benefits of this?

Everything I've read about it states that no one really knows how it works, but sometimes it does. To be honest, this is about as much information as they have on things like SSRI's too so that doesn't concern me.

It's not as crazy as it is shown in popular media, at least not anymore. They knock you out for the procedure.

I'm just at a point where it feels like I've tried everything else, so why not this too?

info: mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/electroconvulsive-therapy-ect/

yeah a few times, last time i was hospitalized for a month while they tried meds out on me.

it was more of an annoyance than anything.

Everything is worth a shot.

Heres hoping it works out for you. Im gonna have a read at that just now.

Do you think I should stick to my ssri's?

You've done cock and ball torture? Not my thing but good for you :^)

Try CBD oil. I'm not one of those filthy hippies that swears by walking barefoot, drinking vinegar, and marijuana cures everything. I've done a fair amount of research, and the results are rather more conclusive than just about any regularly prescribed drug out there. No negative symptoms, and it's completely safe/doesn't get you high. It has completely changed some people's lives. See some of the epilepsy or parkinson's videos that get posted around for some examples. It's interesting at the very least.

I began too ear jesus and god talking to me saying that i will visit hell and to wich level i want to go and said going into the abyss then they said not looking outside that their was demons so i looked and hallucinated demon looking at me with fire eyes then god said to go in the bed and wgen i was in started to descend into madness then jesus said to have faith and never lose it into the trip then i felt something taje control of me and forcing my eyes open then i falled on the floor starting to convulse in extasy i got up then starting to laugh like a maniac took the hatchet that there was on the floor and started bashing every thing in the room it felt like that there was a hellish adrenaline pumping my muscles giving me evil extasy as i was destroying everything around then i looked outside and seen 2 people in brown robes face hidden wich seems to look at what was happening it was fucking insane then few hour later my friend got home and see me i was staring at him and hallucinate his eyes bleeding at this time i was beginning to regain consciouness but stille hearing demons then an hour later heard a native american voice and spirit say to me that i lived a shaman initiation with the spirits and that i must follow the light for healing. I regaibed my consciouness with my friend there after a threw a rock in the window and acting gollum style eating dirt. It was cray as fuck

So what did you giys see, hear feel?

This is quite interesting. Ill look into this

If you think they're helping, definitely. If you've not been on them for long, make sure you give them a good try at least. They're not an overnight fix by any means. If you can get into a talking therapy, CBT, etc, then that's worth a try too at the same time. If you're in the UK though I know how hard it can be to get into those things :) Cheers for the support.

Hah, I still read CBT as cock and ball torture too!
I've not looked much into CBD oil, I'll have to check the legalities now that good old Theresa May has made anything remotely drug sounding illegal. If it's not too cost prohibitive I'll give it a go. Cheers for the recommendation.

One time my mom burned my tendies and forgot to get more MT. Dew so I had to slap her around a bit.I smashed her face into the wall a few times and spit on her.Does that count?

no your moms a bitch

Mom had just died, shit hit me really hard. Was going through a hard time in life, with depression. Had a job, got fired one day, for the most stupid absurd reason. Walk home. Next day, realise that i was fired, and how stupid it was the reason why i was fired. walk up to the place of my job. Walk in, yell at boss, bassicly just flaming him and telling him to give me my money, (he hadnt given me my monthly pay). Walk out, still raging, pick up trashcan and throw it across the parking lot. Walk to my mothers grave, break down in tears. That was so far the all time low of my life. But life is much better now.

Glad ur over the worst of it

Thank you user.

I had a panic attack while high on weed, so I never smoked weed again. miss being high tho

Works great user! Been off meds 5 years and only use CBD and occasionally medicinal gummy bears that have a high content of THC and CBD

ive had One high in LSD because I smoked weed lol was mad

I thought people were in my house in my loft trying to kill me. Then later on in the night I thought people were trying to grt into my house and kill me. This was all happening while my gf was with me.

Took some LSD. Stayed up for 5 days barely eating. Spent the time thinking I was the pope. Ended up fighting off demons. Oh and I called my girlfriend while she was in Florida for spring break and broke up with her while I was in Pope mode. I ended up being hospitalized a couple weeks later after they did a bunch of tests on me to make sure I was alright. MRI, EEG, Blood work. Doing alright now.

my ingkish us not good, but once i had a psychotic episode in a halloween part when i was on a strong LSD. All began just because there was some candels because the setting and shit, but in my episode I as thinking that in therer will going start fire over everybdy. I was outhere just watchin at inside of the home searching the firefighters number, bescause everybody willvgoing to dead, and my brother and friends was in. btw, finally I understood that all my thoughts was trahs, I feelt like a real crazy man in that moment. after that I lost my voice, i cannot talk beacause the conmotion was really big on my brian. Fucking LSD, i love that shit.