Is there any such thing as Experimental UK Garage?

is there any such thing as Experimental UK Garage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hkF89p6y2qo
youtube.com/watch?v=BqfIvPQ8Dgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

these motherfuckers wanna slap "experimental" on everything god damn

youtube.com/watch?v=hkF89p6y2qo

four tet, objekt, the list goes on

I like it, I'm suprised they got away with a Marvin Gaye sample

Name 10 UK Garage artists first, then I will answer your question

lmao at these kiddies who think knowing who Burial is is enough to know the genre

El-B
Menta
Stanton Warriors
The Bug
Darkstar
Benga

the point of me asking is because I don't know the genre that well and I like a more niche sound, it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US, there is a bunch shit covering up the gold. The only reason I know Burial is because of this website.

>
>El-B
>Menta
>Stanton Warriors
>The Bug
>Darkstar
>Benga
>
>the point of me asking is because I don't know the genre that well and I like a more niche sound, it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US, there is a bunch shit covering up the gold. The only reason I know Burial is because of this website.

Literally who?

>it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US
Huh?

>it seems like the genre of UK garage is to the UK as Rap is to the US

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry man but El-P is American and he does hip hop

funny

I meant not every artist is good or original, a lot of them are musicians who just jumped on to a fad and half assed it, using samples and effects that the mainstream wants to hear

so every garage artist is just good? there are not bad artists in this genre?
quad checked

>a lot of them are musicians who just jumped on to a fad and half assed it, using samples and effects that the mainstream wants to hear
like?

I don't fucking know, I look up recommended artists on old fucking music forums and they recommend these people and I hear it and it's fucking Vengaboys level trash, then the next person reccommends some fucking wub wub wub new dubstep shit and they all act like its fucking good
i just googled "best garage songs" and this song
>youtube.com/watch?v=BqfIvPQ8Dgo

was ranked number 1
and I am 99% sure you are going to say this is a good song, but please understand, this isn't the kind of music I like. I was introduced to the genre with Burial.

this lls, experimental is not synonymous with good.

did anyone say they wanted good music?

Check out Filter Dread.
The guy is somewhere inbetween dubstep, garage and grime with his own unique twist on things. Highly recommended.
He's "filterdreaduk" on YT.

>every song sounds the same

you're the one being stupid as fuck here, lls mate

He's right though

Experimental != good

Who decide what's "good" and "fun" and what's not? Obviously not imbecile weebs from the slums of the internet.

Reminder that Americans pronounce garage as
>Guh-Raadge
instead of
>Ga-ridge

reminder that brits prounce yogurt as
>Yog-Errt
instead of
>Yoo-Gerrt

Would you kill yourself over that?
What are you fucking stupid?

Well, there's Future Garage. If you google it you'll hit loads of artists, mixes, podcasts etc.