Your country

>Your country
>When did you realize that money was the most important thing?

Canada
Very recently, unfortunately. i wish i got a headstart.

>I'll just make enough to have a shitty apartment, all I care about is playing video games all day with my friends anyway
>life doesn't work like that

I should buy a lottery ticket.

Time is more scarce than money.

But they have a negative EV.

Money can buy you time though, and it can make your time more efficient. With enough money you can just pay people to do tasks you don't want to do, and afford the most efficient method of performing necessary activities.

You really need a full-time job in order to live happily in Canada. That's the rule.

>But they have a negative EV.
True.

That being said, it may be the only way to achieve a 100,000,000+ bankroll for some people. So if you wanted to have that, and it was your only option, it may be reasonable to do.

The U.S. is kind of whacky. The most Consumer Capitalist nation on Earth has so many poor people, and also people who opt out of the consumerist lifestyle that it's tough to say.

Most people are striving for 6 figures early on, but I've noticed with alot of young adults I know when they get to the 60k-90k mark they are usually exceptionally happy. And I know several older people who decided to take easier, less well paying jobs, leaving the 6 figure mark and choosing for something within that range.

Since I was young, from hearing my dad drunkenly rant that women wouldn't fuck me if I didn't have a job and a car and money

i should buy a gf

But 6 figures isn't even a lot.

Even One or Two million dollars networth isn't a lot these days really.

It's said that 1,700 Americans become millionaires EVERY DAY. What the FUCK is our excuse?

>Money can buy you time though
It can't really. If you die at 80 you can't say that you would have lived older if you were richer. But I agree that we all need to do something worthwhile of our lives, so we might as well do something that brings us money, if we also enjoy it of course.

as long as I can remember desu.

1700 seems a lot but keep in mind it's in the USA, where 320M people live, that is barely 0.0005%

USA

When my manlet black father (a doctor) got a smoking hot tall white trophy wife. Yeah, I bet she loves him for his face and personality lmao

Once you actually get rich you can start doing only the things you want, and either simply refuse or pay other people to do the things you NEED done, but don't wish to do.

You know how much it sucks to wagecuck in your 20's and 30's? Well image having to wagecuck exactly like that in your 50's because you don't have any money to do the shit you want to do.

>1700

Yeah, but we have anywhere from 320 to 340 million people (we unironically don't know because the number of illegals is estimated, could be anywhere from 10 to 30 million). 1700 is nothing.

My dad got rich, then realized he could just make his kids do all the stuff he didn't want to do for free.

That's another reason the lottery win would be amazing. Instant money at an early age. Oh my god I would travel the world. I would literally be able to spend my ENTIRE 30s traveling if desired.

I have a feeling I'd probably start a business at some point though.

1700 is still pretty significant. The question is what makes you, or me or any person reading this any worse than those 1700 people everyday?

80% of life is showing up.

Meanwhile, we're on Sup Forums.

Me? Nothing. I had a rich family, I've got no excuse for not being a millionaire. You? I bet that you were born to family earning close to the average in your country. It's much tougher to make that jump up from the average. The vast majority of the people in that 1700 had a relatively high "starting point".

I think he's making the point that if we can understand what those people have, connections, education, etc, in the ever-connected world of information we live in today, not achieving the same thing (even if we start a few yards behind) is a choice.

You want to be in Ontario, the rest of Canada is a meme. Quebec is nice too if you speak French. Don't move to a big city though.

I am in Ontario

>You want to be in the shittiest province.

Everyone knows the best place is Moose Jaw.

True

That is quite true actually. Merely attempting things with an honest effort without giving up seems to be enough to achieve success.

6 figures annual is everyone's dream. Then building a nice retirement portfolio that will net you a couple million by the time you hit your 60s-70's. Personally at this point in my life at 24 I could care less. Although I do invest whenever I get the chance.

>6 figures annual is everyone's dream. Then building a nice retirement portfolio that will net you a couple million by the time you hit your 60s-70's

That's the dream for losers with low standards, though.