How's my taste in metal Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlD5zePSzdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty basic

normie tier

>Opeth

>No Det Som Engang Var

You're missing out. Check out the Polish black metal scene, Graveland especially.

>implying black metal can be anything but norwegian

Are you saying that Det Som Engang Var was a good album? It wasn't. You're wrong.

Not bad.
Check out Leviathan, Possessed and Gorguts, they'd suit your taste.

I don't remember when the Sup Forums black metal community became so shit. Even yesterdays general thread was awful. Oh well, November is a few months away at least.

>implying the black metal community wasn't always a pile of festering shit with a few diamonds strewn in with all the turds

i literally just said this in another thread, but putting any type o album above their first is a great marker of plebbery
especially their poppiest record

Looks pretty similar to my taste. You should check out oranssi pazuzu

Pretty pleb.
t. autists

Somewhat basic

Wrong

At least I'm not a fucking pleb.

Well. It's better than everything Mayhem's ever done. I'll give it that.

Pleb, start listening to Glam

You are a pleb.
It's time to admit you don't like black metal.

>stating the fact that Mayhem's a shitty band
>you don't like black metal

Pretty good

t. contrarian cancer

Fuck off Scaruffi drone

their first album is clearly on a level far beyond anything steele composed before or since, don't act superior for not getting it

Stop droning scaruffi faggot

>Say the taste is somewhat basic
>Thinks that means it's bad

Absolute brainlet.

what's your actual opinion on it?

7/10, it's a weird transitinaol album between carnivore and their gothic sound
The rest of their discog is 8 or above except LIKM

i'm glad you've actually listened to it but do you really have nothing to say other than lol weeird?

All the stuff on OP's chart is entry level. Not that it's bad, but saying it's pleb isn't contrarian.
How are Mayhem shitty? DMDS is a pretty definitive black metal sound, so what the fuck type of black metal do you even like?

Cuck memes aside. the first track is among their top 10 songs, the rest is just not very interesting and developed compared to either Type O or Carnivore

I like Burzum, Darkthrone and Gorgoroth, to name a few. The thing about Mayhem is that they really aren't known for being a good band, and a lot of people seem to think they're fucking great just because they were part of the Norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s. I mean, they have some good songs here and there, but overall, they're not what I would call a good band. The only reason why they're still being talked about is because of Dead and Euronymous. And well, Varg. I do listen to some Mayhem every now and then, but I find that they are horribly overrated.

Deathcrush, DMDS, and select live albums are actually good though.

Nah, Deathcrush, I can outright say was a piece of shit. Their live albums are the best, in my opinion.

If albums are considered entry level it's because they are usually considered the best

I bet you listen to stuff like this

Deathcrush is pretty ok, but definitely a novelty more than anything. I think DMDS is better than their live albums, the production perfectly suits the intended atmosphere and I think Attila's vocals are better than Dead's.

No, they're considered entry level because they're easy listening. And therefore liked by retards who are wrong anyway.k

I like still life and my arms your hearse more than blackwater park. All 3 are good though.

The vocals are the biggest problem I have with DMDS, honestly. They're like muffled grunts. I like Dead's shrieks. It's just too bad he tried to become a Trump supporter.

Is mine any good or just basic stuff?

Basic stuff, but good basic stuff.
>It's just too bad he tried to become a Trump supporter

What did he mean by this?

>shotgun blast to the head
>now has the intellect required to support Trump

*Notices Matter of Life and Death*

Basic, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The music on there is good.

better than OP

I will never take someone seriously if they think Terminal Redux-Vektor is a good album

What is the album to the left of Kyuss?

Listening to DMDS, it's hard not to notice how much better Attila's phrasing is. I like Dead's voice, but he definitely loses to Attila in that regard.

That's definitely one way to put it. His phrasing is better, I agree, but I really don't like his voice. And besides, Dead was a fucking lunatic, which is always cool to see in black metal bands.

Hate to say it, but most of those are /mucore/ for a reason. They're really good and hard to beat. Here's my favorites without the /mucore/

I don't listen to metal at all yet recognize all of those albums, so I'm assuming basic as hell

>burzum
>basic
k
I'm pretty sure murder has something to do with that.

I was discovering this music at 13. :I

Basic bitch core.

Yeah, because when someone says 'my favorite bands are 'the beatles, pink floyd and the rolling stones' it really says a lot about them.

You have decent to great taste.

It's in the top 2 most well known black metal bands. That's like saying 'well, your average normie doesn't listen to the pixies so it must be obscure'.

Some of that shit is basic bitch teir as well

It's also one of the most hated bands. I didn't say it's obscure, I merely implied that a minority of people actually like it.

Yeah, but if you don't have at least some classics in your favorite albums you're probably a try hard.

Peste Noire is the pinnacle of black metal imo, so I'm biased.

Yeah, but 3 Boris albums is kinda funny

remove Tool, remove all Burzum but Filofsem, and switch De Mysteriis for one of the live albums with Death and I think you're good

name a better stoner metal, doom metal, and sludge album that isn't on that chart.

Stoner and sludge are shit-tier genres and Boris is near the top of those. There's dozens of better doom albums though.

I don't care what the smug metal elitists may have to say about you user, you're fucking cool in my book.

Why don't you go suck eachother's pleb cocks?

Am I a cool kid yet?

You got some really good stuff on there

>Terminal Redux - Vektor

I love the keyboards on the key. they actually sound brutal.

>keyboards
>brutal
Fucking bullshit.

I don't know that much about metal but some of those were good listens

Red water...... Christmas mourning. Great somg

generic and probably bait

rating other people's taste is a bad meme though

*tips fedora*

If your metal band of choice isn't backed by an orchestra then your (((metal))) band is shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=xlD5zePSzdQ

>Scandinavian metal
come on now, that's cheating

>metal
>backed by orchestra
We get it, you like to have dicks in your butt.

everybody with a better metal taste than OP

>We get it, you like to have dicks in your butt.
Yeah, but that's beside the point.

God damn. Hypothesis confirmed. Good day to you, sir.

Good day.

>No Sabbath
>No Priest
>No Maiden

No taste.

>Tool
faggot

I never made one of these before

Finally some fucking taste in this fucking abortion of a thread.

So you just like everything Sup Forums likes?

What are you, some sort of retard?

entry level

>mayhem

what's the deal with mayhem?

Dead sounds way more brutal, but Attila sounds like a fucking cultist, absolutely insane. Case in point, De Mysteris Dom Sathanas song.

>Misþyrming

I love you.

they're ass

but they're genuine

...no.. don't do that, friend. You and I know they literally sound like any other band

And ass. Emperor is an example of a genuine black metal band that isn't ass.

You guys rec some not-so-bad metalcore

Doesn't exist.

How does this change anything I said? I just said it's entry level, I didn't imply any degree of actual musical quality.
Jesus Christ I bet your militant autism is so potent it super heats the air around you.

>black metal
Yawn

The only good genre.

>November is a few months away at least.

You mean the most consistent one. Since it all sounds the same.

Sure, if you listen to the wrong fucking bands. There are way more shitty black metal bands than good ones, mostly because everyone tries too fucking hard to be Darkthrone, Mayhem and Burzum.

Id let you DJ my houseparty

T. Varg

I don't know whether I should be flattered or killing myself.