YO Sup Forums WE DID IT

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol

Finally we have defeated the oppression of the matriarchy

Fucking atrocious numbers.

Can't wait for the propaganda pieces trying to spin it as a "bad, but".

I thought the mysoggyknee nerds were a small fringe? Why do they keep ruinibg stronk movies that don't need no audiences?

We didn't do shit.

The important thing is neither did Sony.

Other than make 100 million of investors capital disappear.

>made 89 million dollars
>bad numbers
I'd like to see you make that much money.

yay us!

I don't get what crowd they were going for? They pissed off fans of the original by making it a feminism vehicle while women who would go see something like bridesmaids or the heat don't like films like ghost busters.

If you give me 144 million I can easily give you back 89

Instead of some pandering cuck like Paul Fieg, could the Female Ghostbusters have had a chance with a real female director like Jennifer Kent of The Babadook? New script and a little more thought in the casting.

You fucking piece of dumb shit.
They are losing money, those 89 million which are not actual 89M, are to cover the expenses and it's not enough.

I actually made more than negative 210 million dollars today.

Most hobos did better than this movie during the same period. Even top level poker players lost less money than this movie.

Know every day that you are a better class of person than Amy Pascal and Paul Fag.

no it didn't, it lost 55 million

and that's not including however much they spent on marketing

Kek

Who first came up with the idea of a female cast? Someone at a very important Hollywood movie making board meeting raised his hand and said "we should make all the characters female this time" and no one at the time said this might be a bad idea? I wonder if it was well received by all the decision makers from the start.

dont forget to tack another 100million to the budget cost for advertising

What the fuck are you talking about? The movie made 89 million dollars. It's a success. Deal with it.

If any thought had gone into making this they wouldn't have decided to do the whole "all female" thing in the first place

Haha nice

>trying this hard
you're bad at this

Don't be stupid don't reply to such shit low effort bait like

Not sure if a case of merely pretending but here is a break down for you:

The movie cost 144 million to make.

It has a reported achieved revenue of 89 million to this date

144 - 89 = A loss of 55 million in net.

Only 411 million left to go!!

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

I think I might go watch it out of sympathy now.

But Sup Forums dindu nuffin

What's the equivalent of prison rape in movie jail?

At this rate it'll be lucky to break 100 mil

lmaooo

>50 angry virgins on Sup Forums dont go and watch Ghostbusters

so that $500 in lost ticket sales really killed this movie.

you really havent got a clue how insignificant you faggots are, do you?

>losing this much money

So was it a black thing, or a woman thing?

>stronk movies that don't need no audiences
hhhhhehhh

Fucking hell, that foreign market is weak as shit, I wonder why?

>No China
>Distinct shortage of SJWs outside of Sweden

Oh right.

>weak bait
try harder

Hey Sup Forums. Imagine if you wanted to lose 55 million

As in, over a year or w/e time it took to make the movie, you had to lose 55m

You literally wouldn't be able to

Your best bet would probabl be to try to trash a fancy building or something

But even then, you might manage to do 2m in damages, but then you'd be going to jail and be unable to cause any more

Unless you already had 55m to give away, you literally wouldn't be able to do worse than theGhostbusters reboot

>BTFO by reality
>Trying to say it's Sup Forums who doesn't matter

You SJW's are something else, you lost get over it.

Was a woman thing. Then it became a black thing.

>the rest of europe getting redpilled as fuck thanks to islam

Really I cant thank the Mudslimes enough.

Not all off the money made in theaters goes to the studios...

The profit so far is something like 45 million

You know I would have loved to have seen it if it wasn't directed by Paul Fag, wasn't marketed towards girl power with an embarrassing script and poor story. Cast Dee from ASIP as one of them if you wanted all female cast, heck have Larry David make a guest appearance as a ghost. Like the Force Awakens and many before it and and after it seems completely souless. They aren't made to entertain you they're made for your shekels

>release movie
>it makes 89 million dollars
>paul feig now has 89 million dollars
What the fuck is the problem here?

It was an "even children have better taste in movies to see this shit" thing.

When a demographic that loves Transformers sees your movie as bad, then you've really done something biblically terrible.

guys, hey guys .. its not actually out in 90% of Europe and Asia until this week.

its about to drop $200 million and you'd better prepare for the butthurt.

heres the release dates.

your status = BTFO

>Staggering the release of a movie guaranteed to earn bad word of mouth

Wow, Sony is dumber than I thought.

LMAOing at all this weak bait ITT

Good to see misogynists are still mad that this film is a roaring success.

That's a really big if.

I can't really speak for me fellow Yuros but Ghostbusters was never really that popular in Europe, or anywhere else outside of America. It's kinda like a Blues Brothers/Peanuts thing where the stuff makes most of its profits domestically while internationally nobody gives a shit.

>kazakhstan
>republic of macedonia
>serbia
>slovakia
I can see the shekels flowing in now

They said they needed $500m to consider a sequel

Half of those are Eastern Europen backwater states. Do you really think they'll go and watch Chick Busters over the newest Steven Seagal flick?

Italy here
Nobody that I know is going to see it
RIP

Where did you learn to troll? This is shocking

But there's literally no hype for it anywhere, no one's talking about it

>Math is hard

Please try harder.

Here you can have a small fish since your bait is weak and I don't want you to starve.

All I remember of Ghostbusters as a Yuro were the shitty toys you'd find all over the second hand dollar stores. I've never heard anybody talk about those films.

This
My friend's a big time ghostbusters fan and even he hasn't talked about this new flick whatsoever

r u retarted or just dum????

You should be a good friend to him and tell him not to go.

The original is not at all popular in Europe though, maybe in the UK. I seriously doubt it's going to bring in much money here if it did so badly in the US

>$200 million
Out of which Sony will get only about 25% if I recall correctly.

>My friend's a big time ghostbusters fan and even he hasn't talked about this new flick
>big time ghostbusters fan and even he hasn't talked about this new flick
>fan and even he hasn't talked about this new flick
>he hasn't talked about this
>he
>HE

True, I only heard a single friend of mine talk about it once and she said it looks like shit and won't be seeing it.

He's seen the trailer, physically cringed while watching it and didn't say a word about it since. I don't think he's gonna go

GB isn't gonna make a ton of money from these territories, it isn't a huge brand in many parts of the world and the movie isn't exactly amazing.

Paul Feig said that and he is wrong, generally doubling your budget with a decent domestic take involved in that is enough for a sequel. However adding 50m-100m onto the doubling of the budget is always smarter with the ridiculous marketing costs these days.

>implying it's going to make a lot of money outside the US
This isn't Warcraft senpai. It's not going to get millions of nerds and Chinese gold farmers to crawl out of their basements.

>its about to drop $200 million and you'd better prepare for the butthurt.

200 million is still a pretty big bomb for a movie with such a high budget and marketing costs. Even fucking Tarzan, one of the biggest bomb this summer already made 200 million worldwide. I would be shocked if Ghostbusters made less than that, but that still won't make it any less of a bomb.

I really enjoyed Warcraft, it's a shame USA had to fuck everything up by not making it a huge hit.

The US only cares about capeshit and shitty kids movies now

They didn't fuck it up though. Warcraft made over 400 million worldwide. It's easily in the green for a sequel.

But wasn't marketing for it like 300 million?

>here's $100, I want that back next month
>I managed to get $28 back from the $100 you gave me
>well that's not $100, is it

Do you see the issue? You're an idiot. Do you not know what a budget is?

God, you two are retarded. He's saying Sup Forums didn't actually do anything, it was the indifference of the public to a pandering reboot that lead to this, not Sup Forums hating the film. Sup Forums hates TFA and that made like a bajillion dollars.

they need like 500 mil to break even ayy lmao i don't think dvd and vod will make up the short fall

We didn't need Ghostbusters

How the fuck do you spend 144 million on a movie that is not even original content

>“I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail

Star of Paul Feig's next movie

No, you're retarded. The OP is obviously a reference to 'yo Adrian we did it' you mouth-breathing Mongolian. The fact some redditor tried to bait off it and failed makes it sweeter. The fact we're on a board dedicated to television and film and you're so stupid you don't recognize one of films most iconic quotes is the cherry on top

So, was the movie any good? Heard it was like 7/10, but Sup Forums insists it is much worse. Who to trust?

Not Sup Forums.

I liked tfa tho

>was the movie any good?
>budget: 144 million
>hyped incessantly for months on every form of media
>nba players dressing up as ghostbusters
>gameshows pushing ghostbusters
>jew york times shilling like crazy
>box office: 89 million
You tell me if this looks good

east euros not pirating with god tier internet you a retard user

Top critics who mostly gave it scathing reviews.

>being 54 million dollars in debt

I'd like to see you waste that much money.

I saw it thinking it was shit but since the entire internet seems to agree that it was bad, I'm starting to think that it might be kino that plebs don't understand

Yes, I know the phrase "we did it" and that OP wasn't being literal, I was simply saying you're retarded for not realising what the other guy was saying. Ya big dum dum.

Honestly I've seen the idea floating around on reddit years ago but they had young qts like Emma Stone and KStew in mind, not old hags or Paul Feig.

I know its bait, but I want to see how far you can take this:
>Movie costs 144 million to make
>You make 89 million from it
>144-89=55
In other words: if you buy something for 144 million, then sell it for 89 million, you will have 55 million less in your pocket than you did before the transaction took place. Tracking?

I'm German and I doubt anybody here cares about this. Haven't even seen the original. I think "Ghostbusters" is more of an american brand, people outside of the US don't care that much.

Has pandering the SJWs ever been profitable? When I talk about profitable, I'm talking about financially profitable, not 'I have all this material I can use to signal boost/virtue signal to my friends on social media profitable."

>i-i k-knew t-that i s-s-swear
Lmao sure thing buddy. Go watch some films

>50 angry virgins on Sup Forums
This is definately legitimate criticism and not at all reddit-posting for (You)'s

Yeah, and you still have 89 million dollars, so you still have massive amounts of money.

So, anons, what was better - this flick or the latest Fantastic Four?

heres your (you)

so Sup Forums what girls would you have cast to make this movie not a complete wast of money?

flop.

wtf is wrong with Sony handling their "silverware" IPs like that ?

weak comeback. I give it 2/10.

You could maybe go on a killing/maiming spree. Then the estimated cost of loss in quality of life could maybe hit 55 million.
Only way I can think of. Not that I'd condone that