I miss Zack Snyder

I do not mean this to be a "DC Vs Marvel" or any other kind of post, I mean this from the heart.

Watching the preview for the Justice League movie today, I finally realized my expectations about the DCEU were dependant on Snyder's work. I though Man Of Steel was a relevation in mainstream comic movies, a movie that could finally qualify as one, and even then a movie that stood heads above most released every year. It introduced a new facet to superman, and gave hoim a new meaning as a man with reposibilities he could not handle.

Batman V Superman expanded upon this idea, and gave a better view of the world that Zack Snyder envisioned for these characters. He did not paint these characters how they were in the comics - instead, he portrayed them as they would be if they existed with us, in the real world and brilliantly showed the consequences the actions of such people would bring. He did this with his own voice and in a way that defied the status-quo, not for the sake of defying it but because Zack isn't a part of it. His work defies what is normal in the world today and stays true to his own vision, at whatever expense to him- he does not care. Such a man, I hold, is someone who ought to be respected not only for his views, or work, but for his determination in it. This is what I did not see in the new trailer.

After BvS' "flop", Zack was promptly removed from the next installments of the DCEU because the moneymen thought he was cancer because his movies didn't sell.

The new trailer is rife with new jokes, quips and shows characters that are not larger than life or who take their own work seriously, but characters who are mere caricatures of their own comic book equivalents. This is something Zack would've never done. He respected the characters and understood why they were the way they were. He did not present them as characters who took threats lightly- they were characters who understood the risks and did it anyway, and did it as honestly as they could. Even Alexander Luthor was unbirdled in his villany and the simple character of the prisoner showed an emotional depth and story no marvel or comic book movie character has ever shown. The various references to the major influential works in the world today and the allegories regarding superman made BvS and Man Of Steel movie to behold, to admire, to respect. i see none of this happening for the new movie, because Zack is no longer involved.

I am very sorry to see the DCEU go, but for me, the world stopped when Superman died.

Zack Snyder is dead, long live Zack Snyder.

The DCEU is dead, long live the DCEU.

Yeah, it's archived.

bump

Well it seems I owe WB an apology. I thought the BvS capekino posters were shills, turns out there are people actually that retarded that somehow have Internet access.

>fails to refute any points or point out any flaws

Nice thread. Yeah I do admire Snyder for painting Batman and Superman so different from the comics and making them more natural whereas Justice League is full on comic quip.

Why does it still say that Zack is directing this because it is obvious that they put other people in control with Zack not anymore in the lead. Ben Affleck also has had a lot of say so I hope his Batman Standalone movie won't have this feel and return to the dark grittiness.

>Nice thread.
Thanks!

>Why does it still say that Zack is directing this because it is obvious that they put other people in control with Zack not anymore in the lead.
This
>Ben Affleck also has had a lot of say
I think that was mostly in the fights and the way batman sometimes intonates his voice. I think Affleck convinced zack to make his batmna a little more angrier.

tldr, kill yourselves snydertrolls

Why the fuck does Sup Forums defend this plothole riddled crap? It's because it's an unpopular opinion isn't it?

Why didn't you watch the Ultimate Edition

>I do not mean this to be a "DC Vs Marvel" or any other kind of post

Truly a man ahead of his time. WB doesnt understand. Watch Marvel suddenly start making more serious movies and everyone praises it and hates DC since well be flooded by quipshit.

Which is the best cut of Watchmen? I'm not going to read the comic.

Because it gets responses.

Watchmen: Motion Comic

zack applies a comic filter to everything to get even closer to the source material

he made a good Watchmen movie, i don't give a fuck what else he does.

He contributed nothing to it, though. Anything good about it is attributable to the source material. All it's flaws are from snyder's influence.

All Ultimate Edition did was turning a boring 2 hour movie into a boring 3 hour movie.

You have seen barely any footage and you're still complaining?

you haven't even seen the film, and Justice League have always had banter between them faggot

Honestly BvS will go down in history. Only time we're ever getting a truly wasted and wounded Bats.

Good.

during BvS he's retarded, and without reason and the thing is batflecks portrayal as batman and wayne was really good, which made it a lot more weird at points of the film when he acted like a dumbass and literally refused to hear anyone elses side to the story. and just killed everyone.

next Batman hopefully he will actually act like Batman, smart, rational and stops fucking killing.

fuck off.

Will they ever recover?

>muh company wars
Fuck Marvel and fuck Batman v Superman. I'm glad Hack Snyder is getting the boot as soon as Justice League wraps.

>Women Iron Man
>Women Wolverine
>Black Spiderman
>Black Cap America
I never expected this from Marvel

Marvel is absolutely shit tier on comics right now. DC is much superior 2bh familia. On the movies's side of things though...

>Fuck Marvel
YES!
> and fuck Batman v Superman. I'm glad Hack Snyder is getting the boot as soon as Justice League wraps.
FUCK OFF FAGGOT AND KNOW THAT YOU'RE THE .1% THAT LYSOL CAN'T KILL. YOU'RE THE STD THAT PEOPLE CATCH WHEN THEY DON'T WEAR PROTECTION IN THAILAND. YOU'RE THE SONG THE EVERYONE SKIPS OVER. YOU'RE THE PIECE OF HAIR IN SOMEONE'S BURGER FROM MCDONALD'S. YOU'RE THE FLY THAT'S BUGGING EVERYONE WHILE THEY EAT. YOU'RE THE CREEPY PEDOFILE UNCLE THAT KEEPS SHOWING UP TO FAMILY GATHERINGS UNINVITED.

This is some next level autism.

>just killed everyone.
He literally didn't kill a single person.

BvS was terrible, Snyder is a clueless moron who doesn't understand the comics he is basing his movie on.

Justice League will be just as bad, only it will have more jokes to please the Marvelfags.