Going for a solo week in Phuket

Going for a solo week in Phuket.

Any advice Sup Forumsros ?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/dir//7.8977822,98.2966491/@7.8971986,98.2985591,227a,20y,285.61h,45t/data=!3m1!1e3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't get aids.

Fuck a tranny

I heard it's expensive to bring them to the hotel.

A real post here.
From my experience, use common sense

1. Keep a low profile and be inconspicuous, dress to blend in
2. Never cause trouble with locals ( its 1 vs 50 then)
3. Every waking moment someone is trying to scam you with something be vigilant
4. Watch out for mosquitos especially black and white body ones, they can fuck you up
5. Did I mention scams ?
6. Good luck if you need help from a consulate/embassy enjoy the LONG wait
7. This will ruin your holiday but, just go for nice thai women, ones with proper jobs, have been to uni, and have a good family easy to spot. Never know it could lead to something
8. Free air conditioning in family mart/7 eleven nice place to cool off, also shopping malls
9. very long wait when you arrive at immigration desk long ques. Buses are slow as fuck. Watch out for taxi rip you off
10. Loads of laundry business around, just take your stuff in a bag and walk around, look friendly and speak to them.
11. Lots of arabs and shit skins in these places also, again be vigilant.
12. Lots more but too much to write.
13. If you fall for lust, you`ll spend the next week crying your eyes out looking for testing clinics. If you fuck them in the ass/fajjy wear a condom.

So much to write, but this post to long already. Just use your common sense.

Thx bro.

What do you think of renting a car in place of taxis ?

Not the same poster as. I just got back from Thailand in December stayed 3.5 weeks there and spent about 8 days in Phuket.
Learn some thai if you can. It's not very hard to get some basic shit. Are you only going to be in phuket? Because it's more expensive than other regions.

What do you want to know? I'll answer anything to the best of my knowledge.
Ultimate tip: Do NOT rent the motorcycles/scooters, ESPECIALLY in phuket.
in phuket you have to accept that its just 200Baht to fucking go anywhere in a tuk tuk/taxi. unlike the other areas, unless you are fluent in Thai they are just not going to bargain with you

rent a scooter/motorbike

Don't rent car/taxi you are required to have an international Drivers licence to operate them. The thai police KNOW this and basically they just use this to extord money out of you. You'll see when you get to the island of phuket especially along the 3 main entrance roads to Patong that they setup checkpoints specifically to get tourists on the Driver's License or for not having a helmet. Also, like i said in the last post, the people renting bikes/cars are usually trying to fuck you. Not all but most. Especially those guys you'll see on the beach in Patong, which is the "city" in phuket. What's your nationality/age/Gender btw.

Yeah only in Phuket, maybe I'll visit other islands like Phi-Phi.

Tell me how to meet people there, this is my first solo trip so I'm a bit anxious.

I already have an international licence.
swiss/26/male

Ok if you have the INTL licence you're golden, but DO NOT DRIVE intoxicated, and you'll be drinking pretty much constrantly so it's kind of dumb to even rent a vehicle TBH. phi phi islands is something you do on a day trip, so you pay a tour guide like 600-1300 Baht and they take you on a boat. They're cool of course, but be prepared for it to be insanely touristy.

Why don't you list the activities you plan on doing and I'll give you direct advice on all of them because we had a friedn go with us who wanted to do ALL of the touristy bullshit so I ended doing a lot of it and I can tell you which ones fucking suck. Example you'll see pamphets for the following: JAMES BOND ISLAND. I can send you a video if you want form james bond island. It's fucking retarded. the rock from the movie is there and the rest of it is a giant fucking gift shop. It blows. Also you'll see a pamphlet a bunch for going "Kayaking" in these island caves. Honestly it's pretty cool but be aware that you dont actually kayak, they have staff who do it for you. Which i understand because they're on a shedule and running a tour is basically babysitting.

My plans :

1. Chilling (without much tourists if possible)
2. Snorkeling
3. Visiting Islands
4. Maybe a surf initiation

Again I'm kinda rambling but they take Drugs/DUI's insanely seriously there so just don't even try it. You will get fucked. Again i recommenced you just DONT rent a car. You can walk the breadth of Patong in like 30 minutes at a good pace.
Pull up "Patong" on google maps and you''ll see. And that's the hub of phuket you will spend 99% of your time there. That's where the beach is thats the islands activity hub.

Also check out "Kamala" which is basially a smaller town on the north of the island. It's more of a small couples retreat but it's super cool and there's a ton of good food. on google maps its "Kamala Beach" but the beach is very rocky there so its mostly for going to restauaunts etc.

Also the tip rate is 5-10% not 15-20% like in MURRICA so for a good meal/service/etc you only need to tip 5% and up.

Also are you ONLY staying in phuket?

Time to shoot down your dreams kiddo (lol)

1: Phuket is a tourist destination plain and simple. It's like 1:1 ratio of tourists to Thai residents. You dont have to interact with them but they're everywhere. It's a tourist destination and the more expensive area of thailand. If you're looking for more of a hippy/hipster vibe, you're better off just going to chiang Mai, in the north of thailand. Although there's no ocean there lol.
2: The Snorkling Kinda sucks TBH. I did it twice. It's cool though I guess try it. Don't rent the snorkles from the tour guides though they are usually pieces of shit. I personally recommend either buy a new one at a store or just bring goggles and earplugs. If you're a proficient swimmer at ALL you can just dive down over and over. Honestly the snorkles just end up taking on water and then they're useless and you waste more time adjusting the snorkle/blowing water out of it that you could be using to just dive down. Just hold your breath.

However, the Flippers can be cool, inspect them before you rent them though and make sure they aren't fucked up.

3: The islands are all touristy as fuck. You're going to be downright annoyed with some of them. BUT: they are beatiful and some of them are really cool. I'll link this one tourist stand in a minute and give you directions on how to get the best tourist trip for your money, good food etc.

4: When I went the waves weren't strong enough to surf. you can boogie board and thats about it.
I saw one or two people try to do it but honestly the waves weren't getting tall enough. It might be different when you go though.

What airline are you using BTW

I heard about their drug laws, I'm not enough brave to take some there.

Yeah, only in Phuket.
After that I'm goning to join my friends in Tokyo.

>What airline are you using BTW

Oman Air

So ya like I said it is super touristy, but it's still a great place. Be prepared for insane heat and humidity though. Also, it's your vacation, do it how you want but I strongly discourage you from renting a car/scooter but ultimately it's up to you. Again don't drink and drive even a little tipsy. maybe ONE drink is ok, after that, you're asking to get in serious trouble.

no drugs!
fuck what ever you want
CONDOM!!!!
if you get in trouble with police just pay them as much as they want and gtfo

And what about the girls, any other advice ?

Ok the BEST island tour that i went on I booked here.

google.com/maps/dir//7.8977822,98.2966491/@7.8971986,98.2985591,227a,20y,285.61h,45t/data=!3m1!1e3

So: Open that in google and go to street view you can remmeber where it is later. But basically you just walk along the beachside road until you see the red Russian retaunrant sign and the little booth next to it. It's a tourist booth in pink and there's either this russian guy there or this older lady. ALL day day in day out. SO: Tell them this:

"I want to go on the monkey island tour with the big boat. I want the one with SASHA as the tour guide." Tell them you want the one that has TWO tour guides, one for russian one for english. Trust me on this one bro: That tour was the SHIT:
only downside is the boat is a double decker so its slow, BUT: they feed you on the trip and its fucking great good like fantastic. I couldn't BELIEVE that they made food that good on the lower deck of a tiny tour boat.

Can't stress it enough OP take that boat tour with SASHA and the other guy as the tour guides. worth every penny. literally 3X as good as every other tour i did.
As for girls. just wrap it up and you'll be fine. The odds of HIV transmission with a condom are less than a tenth of a percent. It's basically impossible. Also you can't get HIV from a blowjob there are 0 reported cases of transmission. I had a friend have a HIV scare for no reason. These girls are protecting themselves too they are all pretty clean. USe protection you'll be fine. Its customary to tip a bit. By the way dont try to lowball them. because even if they do agree they'll then be a lazy fuck. Also ya, buying a girl gets her for 1.5hrs BUT you only get one nut usually. Be aware that the taxis near the go-go bars or any taxis KNOW you have a prostitute (its obvious) and will charge more for your hotel. Just walk or something. or be prepared to pay more. It's MORE than ok to negotiate prices for anything and everything in thailand, unless you're in a 7-11/Family Mart. ALL stores bargain on price there.

oh ya the king just died so dont be shocked by all the pictures of the dead king etc. also DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT THE KING/GOVERNEMT. make no mistake, its a friendly country but it is absolutely a Military Junta. Don't do it.

A week solo in Phuket? You gonna be bored as shit

Hit up pattaya if you're flying solo

This is where you should book any day trips you want to go on. Be aware that they take all day and they will have a taxi/van pick you up at your hotel/hostel. That is included in the booking fee. most trips are like 800-1400 Baht. Some are more.

They're ALL lying hookers. Literally. Fuck them but do not trust them or fall for them, you'll get fucked in the ass (unfortunately not literally...unless you want that too).

This guy is kinda right you will def get bored if you're going alone. If you're the outgoing type try to find some other tourists. Also all that bullshit the vendors are hawking on the street is garbage. Thailand has this problems with selling junk to tourists like any destination but its especially bad in Thailand. the scratch-resistant sunglasses break easily. Honestly though the water proof vinyl beach-bags are pretty cool. They are basically water proof if you fold them over 3 times. I totally submerged mine and it barely got water in it and I had closed it wrong.

dont fuck anything with more than 2 dicks.

Phuket is probably the most touristy place in Thailand.

If you want a quiet laid back island hit up Koh Samet or Koh Samui

Thaks for all your advices.
I really appreciate.