Brushless motor thread

Brushless motor thread

Thats not a brushless motor

i pulled apart a chinese lawn trimmer a while ago.. no permanent magnets at all. it was all coils pushing against other coils, arranged opposite. kind of cool.

How the fuck that work?

Yes it is

I''m thinkin of doing a DIY ventilation system for my worshop using some of these; with the proper prop; these little fuckers are pwerful as fuck but i'm wondering if the dust getting in the bearings wouldn't be a problem.

Anyone got expperience with such?

lmao.

not bad, but aren't those more expensive than a classic model ?

Induction created by the "coils".

I have experience with them in RC cars. And a quadcopter. The dist shouldn't be much of a problem. If you use it daily you should be able to get away with cleaning it once every other month. If you use it once a week yo shouldn't have to cleaned it more than 2-3 times a year

Good ol' hpi bruhless

Just use a sealed bearing. No everyday dirt will get in there.

Maybe put a micron screen around it to capture some of the debris but not too close to it so its not "suffocating" it.

I never got a hpi, I could build an 1/8th scale for $400 that performs just as well

Show me

I said I could, I never did

I know. I just want to know how? Build how?

I'm an armature at this sort of thing.

I bought an old frame from a Traxxas (I forget the model) and was gonna stretch the frame and use the diffs from a slash. It never got past that point

Oh ok. I used to be into the RC thing but i fell out. I still have a nitro kyosho inferno gtr m3 , it was big i dont remember scale, 1/5 or 1/8? Also have an older tamaya f150 lightning woth some work, diff motor, gears... But i havent touched them in a long time

my stators have gotten rusty. Is there any saving them or am I screwed?