Alright, let's settle it

Alright, let's settle it.
What's the best season? What's the worst?
strawpoll.me/10822659
strawpoll.me/10822661

Best is definitely S3, but as for worst I can't decide between S6 and S7. They're both very mixed bags with their own pros and cons

Hmm, I guess I'll go with S7 because of those awful potentials and that little shit Andrew becoming a Scoobie

I think 4 is the worst because of wasted potential and kind of going nowhere with a big concept. 3 is the best for its consistency and doing a good job of portraying its themes.

Season 3 for faith

>Season 4
>the worst
Season 4 is one of the best seasons, probably only beaten by 3

>people saying three is the best

Did you forget how awful the ending was? The Mayor's ""Plan"" turned into nothing but shit.

DUDE GIANT DEMON SNAKE LMAO

It was stupid and ruined his character.

They did absolutely nothing with the Initiative, and Adam was probably the most boring and pointless big bad in any season. The only episodes I really liked that season were Hush, the episode with the ring that led into the Angel crossover episode, and the Thanksgiving one. I skip most of the rest every time I rewatch it.

I think S6 and S4 have the same problem of wild variance in quality, and a similar issue of wasted potential.
In both, you can have some fantastic episodes one minute and then hit an absolute shitter with no warning whatsoever
S4 pisses away the initiative and Adam, whole S6 pisses away the trio, Xander/Anya and Willow.

Adam and the Initiative were boring and pointless, yes. But they weren't in very many episodes and the standalone monster-of-the-week eps of that season are fucking amazing. You only like Hush and Harsh Light of Day? The Fuck?

All of these episodes are great:
The Freshman
Living Conditions
Fear, Itself
Pangs
A New Man (Giles turns into a demon, priceless)
This Year's Girl/Who Are You
Superstar
Restless

I rewatch season 4 more than other season in the series. So good

>ascend to a demon form
>form isn't humanoid so it's stupid
I don't see what you're getting at, if your issue was him giving up what was essentially immortality then sure, but it sounds like you just don't like snakes.

But even though S4 has wasted potential and a poor arc, at least it doesn't have tons of hamfisted drama and does its best to ruin the characters the way S6 does. In fact, the characters are at their best in season 4. You have Spike as a main character before he turns into a pussy, Anya while her routine was still funny, Giles in his midlife crisis and Xander is actually interesting and likable that season.

S4 is infinitely better than S6

Angel is the superior show.

Dude you forgot restless, easily one of the best final episodes

>>form isn't humanoid so it's stupid
More like he's weak as fuck, so it feels kinda stupid

This is exactly my issue with season 4. It has some really, really good episodes but the shit ones are so shit it makes me dislike the season as a whole compared to the others.
I said Pangs (i.e. the Thanksgiving one), but I forgot A New Man and the one where Oz and that other werewolf that they have fronting the Buffyverse version of THC honestly. What I said above still stands, though.
I see you repressed everything to do with Connor.

S5 is my fave. Glory's a great big bad and the writing that year was amazing.

i can refute this with one word: connor

angel season 5 is the best season of either show though

What are the shit episodes of S4? The Initiative/Adam/Riley episodes are just mediocre and forgettable. The only genuinely bad episode is Where the Wild Things Are. Beer Bad is stupid but still entertaining

>the writing that year was amazing
Meh, Season 5 is when Buffy started to become too much like a soap opera and many episodes just felt like filler. It also has several of the worst episodes of the series

same here

I really can't stand Living Conditions, Beer Bad, Fear Itself, or Primeval. I don't mean to say that I don't like any episodes that season, but those episodes fuck it up for me.

Angel

>dude is like 200 years old
>falls in love with a 16 high school girl
Did that annoyed any one else? I mean I know the target are high school girls, but I'm only 24 and outside of sex even 18 years old girl have nothing interesting going for them.
This guy is several times the age of your grampa, but has a meaningful connection to a 16 years old girl?

but buffy is wise beyond her years and stuff

Holy shit, 20ish posts into a Buffy/Angel thread and there isn't any waifu faggotry going on? What the fuck, thats gotta be a first

>Living Conditions
>Fear, Itself
those are great episodes IMO

not if I'm to believe what I saw for 7 years

>200 year old instantaneously fall in love with a high school freshman you see out the window of a blacked out car parked conspicuously in front of a high school
Yeah, Angel was creepy as shit when it came to Buffy.

I could never decide if David Boreanaz was a good actor or not.

The casting was perfect, but whenever he attempts an Irish accent or I see him in anything else he's pretty trash.

I'm bananas for Boreanaz!

Angel has both the best (season 5) and the worst (season 4) seasons of both series.

I almost stopped watching it because the whole season four is just absolutely awful.

he fit a heel perfectly, but whenever he was acting like good angel it was pure cringe.

>Oh, hey y'all! Don't mind me, just the best girl from the buffyverse, comin through!

It's my sworn duty

Season 4 is weak but it has the best Spike, which is my favorite character

>I see you repressed everything to do with Connor.
everyone who is capable of it has repressed everything about connor
even connors actor