I work at honda fixing your crappy cars, ask me anything

i work at honda fixing your crappy cars, ask me anything.

Also, it's a trap.

why is honda so shit?

post moar pics if its a trap

in the market for a new or almost new sedan in the 20k-30k range
why should i not get a honda?

I got a 1997 civic dx that i bought a few years ago with 10k miles(owned by an old couple that used it once a month for grocerys). It just hit 72,000 miles. It's got the original rubber timing belt, I was wondering if those age at all, or is it just the mileage that degrades them.

It's a single cam, who cares if it breaks.

They tried to cut costs in production and quality but keep the price the same. But it's all shit, especially the new civic.

Timing belt is every 7 years , you could go longer but they degrade with time

I would go with an accord or no honda at all. Like I said civics are all shit, interior is shit quality. Accord is good 2015 or older, you arent really getting anything better with the newer ones.

Did IT under the table stuff at a honda dealership before

Ill post one with every answer

post moar of the trap fagget

Whats a good car, fast, can take me german sheppard places?

Whats your budget? Fast as in street racing?

Also PSA dont buy the new crv hrv those are terrible, the crv has a 1.5L engine with turbo. A midsize suv with the same engine as the civic.

25-50k easy can put 15k as a down payment whenever, dont care for street racing just want to be able to haul ass when i feel the need to

Can you drive a stick?
Would you be okay with high insurance on a new car?

Whats considered high insurance? I live in cali ans never purchased a car before, never driven stick but im willing to learn if needed

The weirdest thing you've found in a car is?

300$+ a month depending on your age. Then whatever car payments. I'd go with a subaru wrx sti. Theyre 4 sedans. Very fast, turbo engine too. Not sure how big your shepard is but it's a nice car. Head turner for the ladies too, guys if youre into that.

I live in florida so I've found plenty of guns, drugs, a dildo and some tampons in another girls car. Nothing too crazy.

Why don't you have to care if your timing belt snaps just because it's a single cam?

Depends if its an interference engine or not.

You do have to care. If it snaps I would stop and get it towed. Dont wanna bend your valves and have to get a whole engine :)

What other options do i have? Thanks btw

What do you there user? Are you a shop tech, lube tech, or sales or some shit?
I'm a shop tech for a john Deere dealer

Not a trap fucker

Who is this?

that's okay. she can fuck you.

The sti is about 35k starting I think.

The accord sports are nice too. 300+ base horse power, 3.5L engine no turbo though. i think those are bigger than the sti. Starting for those is I think 25k+?

The infiniti Q70 is pretty similar to that, but a 3.7L V6 with turbo, (I think maybe even twin turbo) this thing would haul ass. Maybe even faster than the STI, but it's starting at 50k. These both are automatic.

how much do you owe the tool truck?

It is a trap, her name used to be Henry when I knew him. Her family is amazingly rich, he looks nothing like he before

I'm a tech.

No penis?
Then sauce please

Nothing, I like to pay off everything as soon as I get it.

Not sure if pre op or post op :/

what tool box do you haz?

So is the civic out the question? Probably under 2008-2012 model

I just want a car Thats 4 doors, can save gas, looks decent , and maybe haul some ass.

I like the accord mostly cuz it roomy.
Florida btw.

Now that just reckless lmao

Asian production tech is advanced enough that they can very accurately design failure rates into their vehicles and toe the line between getting universally bad rap and making good money on dealership repairs/upgrades

why do you charge $200 for a spark plug change when you already had my engine open doing a $500 valve adjustment?

no, i rejected your stupid spark plug suggestion and did it myself when i got home

ikr, harbor freight ratchet straps are shit

Change it, it's not a big job to do so shouldn't cost a lot from an honest garage, a broken belt will leave you stranded at the very least and a big bill at the worst.

I was referring to how the socket case is open and could easily fall from where its at and everything fall out
But I guess that too

If you could find a civic si in those years go for it.
Here the labor rate is 1h 130$ plus markup for parts, sounds about right.

They degrade with time. Especially in drier areas. And especially if you have oil leaks

do you get paid hourly or by flat rate? is your service writer good?

He's taking the piss. Most engines will take alot of damage when a timing belt or chain snaps. He's simply poking fun at the fact that it's an undesirable engine

Out of henry pics
Uploading someone else now also a trap

dont bullshit me you dumbass, the mechanic was already doing a valve adjustment and had my engine block open already. i was paying for the labor with the $500 valve adjustment, all the faggot had to do was screw in with new sparkplugs at the end instead of the old ones. that doesnt take an bit of time for a job he already was being paid to do.

anyway, this is why i no longer go to the dealership, unless i use you guys for a free inspection. which then i just go to a local trustworthy garage to get things addressed instead of giving money to you jew faggots

Im a hybrid tech, i make hourly all day then flat rate for the actual work i do.

My service writer was shit when i started cause she was new and fresh, but its better a lot better now, its a small dealership but we make tons of money.

i have an accord that burns through oil like a motherfucker, and the dealership tried to tell me it was normal. i have never had a car, even an old 72 chevy, that burned through oil as fast as this piece of shit. needing 1.5 qts of oil between gas tank refills is not "normal" despite what honda says. shit design and they fucked up somewhere, luckily there was a class action lawsuit about it and i got money back from that

Then you should have told them that, all dealerships are owned by different people dick face. Ours wouldnt have charged the labor if it was already opened.

You could grow some damn balls, and work on your own fucking car like a man instead of paying someone else to do it.

im not the guy you replied to but,
valve adjustment normally doesnt require spark plug removal. so its not simply putting new plugs at the end. Also valve adjustment hasnt required opening the block since flatheads were a thing in the 50's

thanks for playing tho

Yeah that's double stacking labor a bit
Shit service writer honestly

Go to a real honda dealership and ask for a oil consumption test or have them see if youre leaking, that sht aint normal.

Tits

Not a trap
She's Candice
@candipoop no twitter
@angelicandice no instagram

Def not normal
Most manufacturers allow a max of 1 qt of oil consumption per 1500 miles. Not sure exact spec for Honda.

i already sold it, maybe i got a lemon but it put me off hondas for a bit. mostly because the dealership tried to say it was normal and convince me it wasnt a problem. they were a real honda dealership

What years is the minimum I should go for and which ones should i stay the fuck away from.

SI here I come.

Have fun putting shitty aftermarket shit in your car tho

whats your favorite ratchet?

Shes a trap, trust me. Name used to be Henry wong.

Do you know Marko Spaans?

hondas are supposed to be tight and precisely machined to japanese specs, thats what through me off. i can see 30 year old big block american engines being that inefficient, but a brand new accord shouldnt be burning through oil, much less that much of it. i sold the car for a loss but got some of the money back from a class action lawsuit and broke even

I have this 3/8 snap on low profile ratchet set, came with short sockets too, works amazing.
Honestly cant go wrong with any si, theyre all great. 2015 one is a bit overpriced.

If you have money wait for the 2017 si or even the 2017 type r, first time theyre bringing a type r to the us.

what kind of school do you need to be a honda tech

Aint no school, start as a lube tech, get trained and do your online self studies, and if youre good and your dealership likes you they send you to official honda school 1 week at a time.

how often do you encounter references to or jokes about E. Honda from Street Fighter?

Like really, trust me shes a trap. She wears a choker in all her pics to hide the adams apple.

Never.

I have a 04 Honda Civic. As I drive once there is this whirring sound from the engine like something is spinning loose. What could it be? How can I fix a sticky front brake?

what type of training do you need to get a lube tech job then? some sort of auto certificate?

Could be motor mounts, could be a lot of things. Something I'd have to see in person. Have you gotten your brakes done recently? Id have someone look at it, could the caliper pins not grreased.

Nothing at all.

what does it mean if i hear a high pitched squeak when i first step on the brakes but the squeak doesnt last that long and only happens when first stepping on brakes and goes away when you push harder on the brake

Your squealers most likely.

Time to get your brakes done.
Your brakes will probably start grinding soon.

lube techs change oil, no cert needed

not OP but that sounds like the wear indicator

it means go get new brakes

thx

Np, also get it done before the grinding, you dont want to have to get new rotors too.

Are good oil filters a meme? Is FRAM shit? Whats the most you would spend on an oil filter for a daily driver low model civic?

Honda oem filters are like 2-3$ we just mark them up to 10 cause theyre so cheap :/ i dont think it maters too much but id go oem to be safe

Fram is ass
Seen a few collapse at 5k mile oil changes
Personally I like wix, Napa gold, pretty much any oil filter that aren't the cheapest ones

Would you ever become a traitor and buy a Toyota?

Would they fire you if you owned a different brand car?

jk lol

Yeah, honda pilot and ridgeline are shit.

Id get a tundra before any other truck.

whats the most fun honda to drive in your opinion

S2000 or a civic si

civic SI hatchback or coupe? im thinking of getting a new car and want something sporty with some zip, thats about my only desire right now. and decent gas mileage, not looking for a dragstrip gas guzzler, just something to get to work and back and pass trucks to make the freeway exits

I bought the 2016 Honda Accord Sport.

Been a good car, but when I went in for oil change/software update last time, they said my "Gravel Guard" was damaged.

I got it replaced... I think it was actually the "Engine Under Cover Splash Shield"

Did I get taken?

meant to tag your reply

Kinda, you could go without it, it doesnt really matter. I wouldnt have replaced it if it was me. But they do get damaged easily.

so... is anyone saucing this goddess or what?

Thanks. I figured. Dammit.

I would go hatch or sedan, same engine but you get cheaper insurance and also more room

It is a double trap.

Just bought a 2014 honda crv.

Not a bad year. At least yu didnt go hrv or crz.

why dont they make an acura rsx anymore