ITT: God-tier Westerns

ITT: God-tier Westerns

4:10 to Yuma
Django Unchained
True Grit (worth the watch just for Barry Pepper alone)
Appaloosa
Open Range (was ok little slow but good)

Then honorable mention, Deadwood. Not listing the classics cause we've all seen em.

I don't know if this is a Western, but I'm posting it.

Not t gonna find a cover but Lone Range

Tombstone is fucking horrible. It's cheesy.

This nigger gets it.

Holy shit, upon inspection that is the worst photoshop of all time.

it's 3:10 to Yuma.
And are you referring to the original or the remake? I could ask the same for True Grit.

Once Upon A Time In The West, Sergio Leone
absolute god tier

Appaloosa kind of sucked

Anything John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart.
Love the Rifleman, Bonanza, Laramie.

yeah woops had 420 on my mind. I like the updated one way better altho to be fair haven't seen the original since I was a kid probably. Same with all the classics, used to watch them with my family every sunday while growing up. Westerns, musicals, shit like that.

Don't down vote me but I think John Wayne is an asshole. Plus the updated True Grit had some fucking great ass performances.

Tombstone was great, but it's great because it's Tombstone.

is sorta right it has some cheesy moments. But there were some fucking fantastic moments that are now iconic, and the movie itself had a lot of trouble wrapping. I guess Kurt Russell stepped up to get it finally completed or some shit idk I'm not a scientist.

Of course he was an asshole. Most icons are.

I'm drawn to a story about vengeance.

yeah I have a thing for Ed Harris though, I think he is great.

yeah good point.

You're right, it had terrible and good moments.
Kurt Russell screaming 'hell's coming with me' was so cringe it would have ruined the whole movie without Kilmer's Holliday to offset it.
How do you feel about Wyatt Earp? Costner was good, and Dennis Quaid as Holliday was a lot different from Kilmer but also good.
Also, can we count Dances with Wolves as a Western? Great movie.

Lonesome Dove gotta love Gus

Agreed. He's amazing in everything from Apollo 13 to Pollock to A History of Violence to Westworld. Oh, shit. Almost forgot Truman Show!

>Kurt Russell stepped up to get it finally completed or some shit idk I'm not a scientist

something something, he ended up directing it or I think. Either way, I'm glad they were able to finish production too cause I love it.

Hell yeah. Also All the Pretty Horses. And how about Desperado? Kind of a western.
The Quick and the Dead?
The Shootist.

Feivel goes West?

>How do you feel about Wyatt Earp? Costner was good, and Dennis Quaid as Holliday was a lot different from Kilmer but also good
I did like it. I have to prefer Tombstone though just for the cool shit that is in it I think. Not saying I was bored or anything. Maybe had I seen the Costner one first I would have liked it better.

Yes I would count Dances as a western and it is pretty dope. I'm not a massive fan of Kevin Costner but that, open range, his performances in those were pretty memorable for me.
>open range shoot out
yeah it was brief, but it was fucking brutal.

What are your thoughts on Heaven's Gate ?

>The Quick and the Dead
forgot that one, I liked it altho Leo...

Deadwood - It's by far the most authentic production ever done.

>I'm not a massive fan of Kevin Costner
Me neither, but I liked him in Dances, Open Range, Wyatt Earp, Robin Hood, Waterworld, etc.
Hell, I even was pleasantly surprised by Dragonfly.

That's the remake. He was good in that, though.

Rio Bravo is amazing. Kind of slow paced, but still really good.

My second favorite HBO original series after the Wire.

Blazing Saddles

Idk why i love this movie so much. 2nd favourite only to No Country For Old Men

Assuming that's a Fistful of Dollars. You rightly scold us for not having mentioned it.

Any western where Terence Hill slaps somebody

It's actually For a few Dollars more, which I slightly prefer of the two.

No love for "Hombre"? It has an amazing line:
Hey...how are you going to get back down that hill?

The 'per' should have given it away. facepalm

I also need to sit down one of these days and watch El Topo.