boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#q72235859
youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#q72239072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I feel like its shit

In on the Kill Taker is better anyway

it's just ok imo

>critic

Fleetwood Mac in general. They're like if The Eagles were even more boring.

I hate the fuckin' eagles man

?????
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Bottom_(album)#Reception

Shoegaze in general I find to be unbearably overrated on this board

It took me 4-5 listens but now it's 4.5/5 for me

Honestly it's not Fugazi's best album, I liked their follow up (Steady Diet of Nothing) more. It's a good album but critics overrate it, especially compared to their later releases.

Also fuck you critics, End Hits was fucking great as well.

These are the reasons why I enjoy Loveless.
As a guitar player, classically trained, I started to listen to jazz, jazz fusion, ambient and other genres more and more in recent years. It was only logical to do so. I have a disdain for pop music and other genres of manufactured music, so, at first I didn't want to get associated with anything even resembling it. But as I've listened to Brian Eno's "art rock" albums, shoegaze as a genre of disfigured, lighthearted, pleasantly noisy and deconstructed pop songs became more interesting. To Here Knows When is intriguing from a guitar player's point of view, as is Only Shallow. Wall of noise production technique and enormous track layering is also competently put to use on this album. You can listen to it on a rainy night, cloudy and cold afternoon, in a warm spring afternoon and the album still "fits". And the fact that Kevin Shields almost singlehandedly recorded the album is even more impressive. This video gave me a new perspective on the album too:
youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY

These I guess. Dark Side is a light 4/5 for me because I find a few tracks on there beautiful.

The rest are 3 or 3.5/5 at best because they're mostly boring and/or full or shit.

I have a problem with Spiderland too.
youtube.com/watch?v=C4oz659c7Zc
This video analysis helped, but I still wouldn't call the album great, let alone a masterpiece. And it isn't even the first math rock album. I think the problem is sparsity of it.

(Me)

Also this and Led fucking Zeppelin. There isn't a more boring and useless band in the world.

Don't care for Portishead at all. Will never be able to see the appeal.

I had a problem with The Velvet Underground too. When I listened to TVU&N for the first time, I listened to the original version and the band sounded like they could barely play their instruments. The remastered version reveals their intended sound, though the band's technical proficiency hasn't gotten any better. The Velvet Underground invented art rock and experimental Rock however and that alone is worthy of praise. Listening to Nico's Deserthshore changed everything for me. While not associated with TVU, I grew to like her voice and Desertshore is one of my favorite albums ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=NgLMTnHgl_o
youtube.com/watch?v=W3LxgBaSmuk
These videos helped too. Listening to the album in various times of the did too.

Try Third if you haven't already, its good shit even if you don't like Dummy youtube.com/watch?v=MHmlGaKvtok

Fugazi is generally shit besides a few songs, listen to Unwound instead.

Wtf I love blatant shilling now

What shilling? Search the archive. These are my almost exact posts in a similar thread. Not to mention that I don't really like Spiderland and that the band disbanded in '91. Shilling for a band which doesn't exist, makes sense...

Really chilling and stylish album, if you like trip hop at all then give it another chance.

is it a meme or can loveless fans not resist trying to convert you

What?

boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#q72235859

exactly that

Pretty much everything Queen have ever done. I do appreciate the complexity behind their compositions, but I just can't get into it.

Thanks for shilling this guy's videos they are actually pretty good.

That used to be on my list but I got it on CD for basically free randomly. Listened to it one time when I was bored and I don't know, it just worked.

Not entirely related, but watch this:
youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
He even went as far as to transcribe this monstrosity of a song.

He's probably talking about the youtube channel, not the bands

Yeah god forbid someone actually talks about music on this board

That thread went surprisingly well, until:
boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#q72239072