>puts heart and soul into 6 movies
>people only really like 2 of them
>everyone shitting on the prequels
>sells franchise because he gets tired of it
>Disney makes a shitty recycled cashgrab
>self proclaimed "nerds" and other normies go crazy for it
>they shit on lucas even more

George did nothing wrong
I'd rather get original stories and brand new ideas from him than another Marvel movie with the name Star wars on it

Please come back George, you're our only hope

Kill yourself my man.

Lucas is talentless hack, who doesn't understand basics of filmmaking.

Ok, kid

youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

> You can't put a googly-eyed ebonics-spouting comic relief alien in my movie. I'm the one in charge here!

> Tell me George, do you feel in charge?

POTTERY

>talentless hack
>doesn't understand the basics of filmaking
>made 2 of the most wildly successful film franchises ever.

>made 2 of the most wildly successful film franchises ever.
>implying he is responsible for them

Go read his original script for Star Wars faggot.

>Literally rehashing the same shots = poetry
Kill yourself my man

Why does the PT have such a god-tier score bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=2hpvtA-3bD0

I miss George too.

The thing with the old guard is that they nitpicked from a wonderful universe which was can only be sullied by simplistic storytelling and tropes. The world he created is rich no doubt.

But when we saw how unimaginative, how derivative and unoriginal, TFA was.

Everyone instantly realised they made a mistake and came crawling back to grande George's vision.

The better question is: why Williams' score for VII is so shit?

The prequels are okay and are a fucking gold mine in memes.

Better than the soulless piece of shit known as TFA though.

i always felt there was gold buried in those turds

At least TFA didn't pretend to be complicated like the ass-to-brain 'politics' of Phantom Menace.

He didnt give a fuck
He knew it was a soulless cashgrab

Oh how wrong you are

Not to mention Jedi being an archetype of Eastern Religious mythos and Midichlorian and Force is really Chi.

>complicated

lmao
It's actually simple as hell
The prequels are all about the rise of the empire
Were you actually expecting just epic space lazor battles ?
A movie about the roman empire would be the same thing, politics

No, you are wrong.
Lucas is bitter because he never really did what he wanted to do.
I mean, Luke was supposed to be an old man originally, Han was some weird fucking space frog, Stormtroopers had lightsabers and everyone in the writing and director department just kept telling him "No, Lucas. Don't."
Even with the prequels, some of the shit he made up never made it into the movies, but he had a lot more freedom with the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Then people started realizing both of the prequels sucked ass so RotS was a lot more controlled.

Lucas has great ideas, but for every good one, he has 15 bad ones.
It's funny. We got good movies because dirty darn executives limited an artists "free expression" and then got shit ones when they didn't.

I do agree with you on the JJ part. TFA was irredeemable shit with no character development with the lead whatsoever. Like with every JewJew Shitbrams movie ever, he essentially took what was made before, changed all the good bits so that normies don't realize it, creates stupid fucking sideplots that are never touched again (like that part where Rey knows every fucking language in the galaxy, or the Jedi mind trick despite.. I could go all night) and then creates what is essentially a reboot and faggots all across the world devour it because it's Star Wars. And no-one will ever know the difference, nay-sayers are called out as either bigots, misogynists or racists and then they say "well, you just didn't understand the plot", like that part which I certainly didn't understand where Luke's lightsaber drops into a gas giant and then magically resurfaces and..

In short, Lucas has great ideas and bad ideas. Mostly bad. He is bitter because JJ never understood the vision he had for Star Wars, because he was going to make more movies. Now Disney is going to take it and milk the udders until they are raw. For every good piece of content, there will be five bad ones. So nothing has changed, essentially.

he became the barbarian he fought

George Lucas is a great source for starting points. He can come up with ideas from nothing. However, in order for those ideas to become anything good, he needs other people to refine them for him because he is not capable of doing that on his own. The OT was good because it was Lucas + other people guiding him. The success of the OT gave him the arrogance to think he could do this on his own. This is why the Prequel trilogy had so much dumb shit in it. It was pure Lucas with no one to stop him or tell him his idea was bad.

Given that I was a huge Star Wars fan when I was a kid, it took me a while to be able to step back and look at the OT for what it is.

He got shit on for making pure kino, he really did try his best with the prequels and with all the bad feedback I too would die a little on the inside

POTTERY

Man, that's really cool though, never noticed a lot of that shit. Especially the Darth Vader one where the Emperor is throwing lightning at Luke and Mace..
Well done, Lucas.

Reminder that Spielberg and Kasdan are responsible for everything shitty in SW

Let me read your original script, user.

George has anime hair in this pic.

I like that

Yes and no. His other movies failed and he had personal problems. He had a divorce too.

for 30 years straight he didn't have anyone questioning him, he's a billionaire with an ego the size of miami

>didn't pretend to be complicated

>Empire loses in RotJ
>New Republic is formed
>the fighters against the Empire...oh, wait "New Order" are called Resistance
>even though they are technically the victorious side
>the power levels of the New Order and New Republic are never properly explained

I mean, George might've been stupid to include politics but what TFA did was even worse.

>the "you can't critic food if you're not a chef" argument

What happened?

>For every good piece of content, there will be five bad ones. So nothing has changed, essentially.
Disney haven't created a good movie in decades, though.

>drink constantly
>get fat(ter)

makes sense
obviously jay is the only one that bothers to exercise

How does this make you feel?

Kill yourself, weeb.

He was bored and called it in episode 2 and you know it.

I expected a compelling story. I don't mind politics, if they actually make sense.

I mean, the whole trade dispute that leads to a blockade of some backwater nobody planet, it's nonsense. And despite having it's official representatives and negotiators almost executed, the senate refuses to do anything because the Trade Federation has representatives in the senate who say 'lol nu-uh.' And what the fuck were the Federation's demands anyway?

>it's an autistic prequel apologist thread

Those basis' aren't complicated at all. To find the flaws you actually have to think a little.

The movie itself is designed to make you turn your brain off and enjoy 'A New Hope: Diversity Edition.'

>$0.02 has been deposited into your account

>hating on based george
what the fuck happened to this place?

Capeshit.

>it's an Sup Forumsedditor gets butthurt post

The prequels were so shitty that they were hilarious and memorable. The Force Awakens was just awkward and boring as fuck.

>I mean, the whole trade dispute that leads to a blockade of some backwater nobody planet, it's nonsense.
not the guy you're arguing with but the plot is clearly based on real events from earth history

lucas isn't even subtle about it and i don't see how you could have missed it unless you know nothing about world history

Explain.

palpatine is nixon

>puts heart and soul into 6 movies
That's a bit of an overstatement. Maybe for New Hope and half of Empire. But by Return of the Jedi he became a businessman/marketing genius first and "director" second.

"Children and fatfuck nerds will eat up anything relating to laser swords, especially the videuh games" - George Lucas interview with Fox, 2005

>Lucas is talentless hack, who doesn't understand basics of filmmaking.

Hey faggot, watch THX or American Graffiti before you open your ignorant mouth again
Has he lost it? Perhaps
But a talentless hack?
Bitch please. Watch more movies instead of parroting your shitty regurgitated opinions over how bad the Star Wars prequels are

There's plenty of heart and soul in Jedi

indeed he couldn't come up with anything new, yet he insisted and ended up repeating himself
the fountain soundtrack doesn't give him aronofsky's talent either

he made too much money. once the studios realized how much fucking money a movie could make, he was forced to make star wars. i don't think he really wanted to make the prequels, just going through the motions to make money. and he did.

You're clearly an average person pretending to be smart. Disgusting.

lol
"critic''

you're a dumb piece of shit lmao

George Lucas is McDonalds, he is Pepsi, he is Apple, he is soulless corporations, he is reddit, he is memes

>everyone shitting on the prequels

Funny you mention thst because that's just a myth perpetrated by the internet.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360

Because Chicago wouldn't let him build his museum on the Lakefront.

Pablo is a retard, mate

IT MAKES ME FEEL REALLY MAD!!!!!!

Makes a 3 part prequel masterpiece full of political intrigue and people are to dumb to see how good they are wah wah not enough explosions and then the same people who complain about the prequels eat up a soulless cash grabbing remake of ANH that may aswell have been JJ Abrams star wars if there was no lightsabers as it was the same shitshow with shallow characters and lots of lens flare and explosions which people will forget about in a few years.

nice bait

WHITE SLAVERS

He saw how easy it was to please the Star Wars fan and how he could fuck up THREE TIMES IN A ROW

honestly FUCK george lucas

He overestimated his audiences intelligence he thought they wanted something more and tried to flesh out the series abit but if he only realised that people have been so dumbed down in recent decades they can only handle a short movie of forgetable characters but lots of flashes and explosions if he had realised that he couldve done a better TFA than the hack Abrams but he tried to do something better than just another remake.

>implying the prequels aren't dumbed down nonsense

I love the prequels but everything you said is 100% correct. Have a (You) my friend.

In order to make good movies, Lucas needs people who will tell him his ideas are shit.

That's why the OT was so good. It wasn't just George's work - it was a collaboration. I'm sure if Lucas had his way, the Empire Strikes Back would have more hamfisted romance dialogue and animatronic racist caricatures doing pratfalls

Disney shills found us and are trying to tarnish George's image so their shitty remakes look better by comparison.

TFA >>>>>> TPM and AotC

>Empire Strikes Back would have more hamfisted romance dialogue and animatronic racist caricatures

because gay caricatures are fine, amirite

most people loce c3p0

(You)

not his fault all brits are poofters m8

TR-8R

HAHAHAHAHAHA wow you have shit taste

(you)

@72369140
No more (You)'s for you.

Amazing, the old shots look better than the new ones.

He's like 100 years old now, dude can't even change his own diapers.

did he get bitter? no.

same thing happened to him as peter jackson, too much money and too much creative freedom. there's something magical that happens when director's are young and have to deal with the pressures of cunt producers and money concerns. once you get old and comfortable, being able to sit in a chair and watch a green screen it's not gonna translate well in the end product.

not to mention all the fucking yes men that were involved especially in episode 1. i think a young, fresh director should have directed the prequels, with lucas serving as a creative director / producer. at least we got good soundtracks.