Has a mainstream hip-hop artist ever gone this off-the-wall before and still make such an incredible piece of work?

Has a mainstream hip-hop artist ever gone this off-the-wall before and still make such an incredible piece of work?

Yes. 808s, Yeezus, TLOP

lil wayne - carter 3

>TLOP
>Incredible
lol

I'm still surprised this went platinum, it's not exactly accessible

how is it not accessible

>radio rap
>inaccessible

Alright is easily one of the most mindnumbing popular rap song of the past decade (not counting trap rap shit)

not the other user, but it's certainly less accessible than his other work. doesn't have songs like MaaD city and swimming pools for frat boys to blast everywhere. The closest thing it has is alright, which isn't really a classically spammable radio sample. king kunta too, but there's nothing as memorable on the track as his other singles. Think YAWK YAWK YAWK, DRANK, SIT DOWN, BE HUMBLE.

It's not "inaccessible" but it's less accessible than DAMN or gkmc.

do you think we live in a world where ppl only listen to bangers only 24/7 ?

well I do think this

Not him but no, we live in a world where people only listen to "bangers" (Think DNA, m.A.A.d City), radio friendly pop songs (Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Poetic Justice) and moody trap beats (I suppose Swimming Pools could fit here). Anything else really wont get that much popularity

The only "accesible" song, and even then it has a double meaning when in context, that most normies don't get.

>Wesley theory
>u
etc, pop rap? fuck off idiot.

You guys are so dumb lol.

> The only "accesible" song, and even then it has a double meaning when in context, that most normies don't get.
what world are you living in? tpab is perfect "normie" music sinces its watered down social commentary.
its a great album anybody can see that. calling it inaccessible to make it fit your "im not one of them" narrative is patheic man

It's not watered down social commentary, the issue he talks about just aren't that deep, it always been pretty surface level.

The beats are quite unconventional, and his music videos for the album did quite poorly besides king kunta and alright of course.

Name some deep issues that he could talk about on the next album

I'm not saying he needs to talk about deep issue.

The things he talked about on tpab weren't particularly deep either, it's literally just his reality.

uuhg, its shit

Technically speaking 3 Feet High and Rising was considered commercial suicide for up and coming producer Prince Paul when it was released, if that counts

I feel this is too to an extent but Chance held back cause there's still some normalish tracks. Imagine if every track was like How Great and Finish Line/Drown.

How great was incredible. He needs to chill with all the big name features and focus on making a solid album first

Kid A

kill yourself

Yes?

Coloring Book is just shitty watered down Gospel.

Nothing special about either of those songs.

I love how normies and Sup Forumstants alike shit on this album for being different from Acid Rap, and in the case of Sup Forums for having too much to do with God, drugs and sex. Loved it, and get to enjoy it all to myself.

Smoke Break was song of the year.

spbp

Rarely. Anyone doing shit like this instead of just getting mass appeal deserves respect.

my head hurts from the mental gymnastics you posted
ffs