What are your real opinions on slipknot? dont just cry because they're popular, what do you think of the sound?

what are your real opinions on slipknot? dont just cry because they're popular, what do you think of the sound?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjKL0R5pbL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CHECK EM CUNT

Can I have some repeating digits too?

no

They have some ok songs

eyeless is fuckin sick, really ferocious and intense
not really into the buttrocky post-grunge stuff they started dabbling with later

Not much to say about their records besides the percussion being pretty neat at times.

Great performers, though. I don't know that many people are capable of having a bad time at one of their shows.

Honestly my first concert

>Joe Rogan's midnight snack

Really like them. I think Corey Taylor is an immensely talented metal vocalist. I'm a big fan of his screams. I also think there's some great drumming in their early work.

>However

They seem to have this phenomenon where as their career progressed, the intensity and unique sound that made them so interesting sort of dissipated until they became pretty generic radiometal, but at the same time, their lyrics got way better. Early slipknot lyrics sounds like an angry 14 year old got sent to his room and tried to write poetry. It went from "fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for. Don't belong, don't exist, don't give a shit, don't ever judge me" to songs with much more sophistication and seriousness, like Vermillion.

That being said, I still prefer S/T and Iowa vastly over anything else they ever made.

They try to do some many different things. But they're not very good at any of them.

this. except on their last album the music got better, corey's vocals became insane and i love them, but the lyrics took a nosedive beyond belief. iowa's still my favorite.

Not a nu-metal fan at all and I find a good chunk of it unlistenable. Having said that, I think their vocals are quite good when Corey Taylor isn't screaming his head off.

Pretty much how I feel.

The biggest compliment I can give them is that they're not really derivative of anything, at least not blatantly so. Like said, they put on a great show, and the raw power behind the drums and vocals are undeniable, but the composition behind the music just never goes anywhere particularly interesting. It's a shame, because there's definitely talent there.

their early stuff is has a really genuine feeling of anger

essential teenage angst core

i still really like the vol 4 album. among other random slipknot songs.

Pretty good all memes aside.

Just like it was my first concert.
Spring 2000, a very tiny venue with a very tiny stage
9 crazy fuckheads smashing things up.
Pretty. Fucking. Intense. Insane stuff.
S/T was serious headbanging stuff, miles away from the other nu-metal acts
(in terms of harsh riffs and angst)
Iowa was pretty sick too.
Nowadays I don't care about them much,
I listen to the new stuff they put but seems bland to me.

insanely corny

Guys became legends for a reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=fjKL0R5pbL0

Too bad they suck now.

Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is their best album.

Andres leaving the band ruined it. While Corey is a talented singer, he brought with him the Stone Sour mainstream appeal to their song-writing that ended up influencing the entire band too much. And Andres vocals matched Slipknot better, except for on the s/t, where I admit Corey does a fantastic job.

Their edgelord image always turned me off from really getting into them but I think their real early stuff is okay when there's no vocals.

They're simply taking the most accessible elements of extreme metal and fusing them with pop-rap to make some sort of ultra-mainstream faux-metal. They were fun when I was a teenager. Extremely senseless and ridiculous when I grew into actual extreme metal.

Iowa's probably one of the few Nu Metal albums I still occasionally listen to

And that's big for me because I fucking hate 95% of all Nu Metal considering that phase of my life was 10 years ago

Nope! They literally steal their entire singing style from Get Out of My House by Kate Bush.

Personally I really don't like them. "Pyschosocial" brings back fun 7th grade memories, but I just straight dislike most of their discography

Were okay, now sucks balls

People = Shit

I like them. I have too good taste in other music to be a metal patrician.

Do you like Sevendust?

The ST album is the only one worth listening to. While it doesn't sound bad necessarily, and they have some classic tunes, the content is hopelessly immature and underdeveloped.
>Dude fuck my dad Lmao!
It's just middleschool-core, even if it is isn't offensively bad there is no reason to listen to slipknot after the age of 15
Also, it's discount SoaD

agree

I agree with almost everything except the last part. How are they discount SOaD?

Honestly Sevendust is really underrated for some reason, considering how long they have been around. Always feels like every album they release will be a sleeper and launch them into the limelight to a large degree.

Vermillion has literally the worst vocal delivery of any Slipknot song.

I kinda liked Iowa back in the day, was more of a Mushroomhead fan though.