Post interesting-looking buildings

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/albums/72157634890970046
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duga_radar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here you go.

???

lurking

Pretty cool. Best ITT Thread in a while.

/thread

Yugoslav stuff

the fuck is this

Whats that?

That's a wind tunnel.

three different sizes of closed-loop wind tunnels to test planes aerodynamics

Polska przejmuje 4chana

I bet all the "uncle sam" faggots around here didn't expect this right LOL

that's a monument not a building you dummy

moar yugoslav

A coal power plant.

Glenn Research Center. The big one is the Altitude Wind Tunnel. Looks a bit different nowadays.

This aerial photograph shows the entire original wind tunnel complex at the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) Aircraft Engine Research Laboratory. The large Altitude Wind Tunnel (AWT) at the center of the photograph dominates the area. The Icing Research Tunnel to the right was incorporated into the lab’s design to take advantage of the AWT’s powerful infrastructure. The laboratory’s first supersonic wind tunnel was added to this complex just prior to this September 1945 photograph. The AWT was the nation’s only wind tunnel capable of studying full-scale engines in simulated flight conditions. The AWT’s test section and control room were within the two-story building near the top of the photograph. The exhauster equipment used to thin the airflow and the drive motor for the fan were in the building to the right of the tunnel. The unique refrigeration equipment was housed in the structure to the left of the tunnel. The Icing Research Tunnel was an atmospheric tunnel that used the AWT’s refrigeration equipment to simulate freezing rain inside its test section. A spray bar system inside the tunnel was originally used to create the droplets. The 18- by 18-inch supersonic wind tunnel was built in the summer of 1945 to take advantage of the AWT’s powerful exhaust system. It was the lab’s first supersonic tunnel and could reach Mach 1.91. Eventually the building would house three small supersonic tunnels, referred to as the “stack tunnels” because of the vertical alignment. The two other tunnels were added to this structure in 1949 and 1951.

somehow still standing after 1000 years

Shitload of pics on Flickr, if anyone cares:
flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/albums/72157634890970046

Where is it located?

ah yes, minecraft modernism

Yeah too bad it's fucking empty.

Its from Norway. There used to be a ton of them in Scandinavia, but they got demolished hundreds of years ago in Sweden to make room for new buildings.

Kids getting fucked by creeps since 1965.

Creating a church with post-modernistic architecture just seems off to me, its very contradictory.

kek

Dunno where the trend of giving non-prisons prison-like architecture comes from.

btw. is this in Vancouver by any chance?

Steel or corn plant

Phenjan, Best-Korea

Wow thanks and thats fucking tragic

If you're interested look up Brutalist architecture. It was a style used between the 1950s and 1970s according to Wikipedia.

Photograph of the Canadian National Library on Parliament Hill the day after a fire consumed parliament in 1916.

The Library was saved because the Librarian ran back in to seal the iron doors that connected it to the rest of the complex.

Still nobody knows who started the fire, but they think it might have been german spies.

The same building during construction.

The Eastern Europeans never really came close to the West in terms of architecture. Italy, France, and England really take the prize here.

There are a few good theatres here and there, and the Russians did pretty good but mostly it's crap. Just concrete rectangles.

for those wondering what this antenna's for
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duga_radar

A shame they tore it down.

Not actually a building, but still very cool: A soviet low frequency, extreme long range radar station.

lol MarcPol. Starszego zdjęcia nie było?

The Rad Cam in Oxford.

It's a shame we'll never build Libraries like this anymore.

sexy

This reminds me of Microsoft Bob.

I feel a sudden urge to drone strike this house

Fucking brutal!

Library in Berlin

School here in Kiruna - Sweden where I work.
Raketskolan.

Why do we even have libraries anymore? I'm legitimately interested. Reform them into archives.

homeless gotta have someplace warm to shoot up