youtube.com/watch?v=BjXFYwjZLIM
youtube.com/watch?v=kppX3aW6rAY
youtube.com/watch?v=jEj5Ln6vdSA
youtu.be/NHUPivUQYUU?t=4m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=5caGv0ajsl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bernie2016.jpg
kek

>tfw you realize that playing guitar is for men what pumpkin spice lattes and ugg boots are for women

who makes the best budget active pickup basses?

define "budget"

Ibanez

I usually don't like the look of non-japanese swords but the thin blade makes it look cool.

It's not like there's a million options. You could find all 4 that will fit your bass in 5 minutes of searching the internet.

>Ugg boots
>Don't know what the fuck those are
>Google it
>Women bullshit, nothing special
>Second search result "Ugg boots for men"
Why do we live in a world where it's socially okay to be a faggot?

What's the best sub 400 new guitar For versatility.

yamaha pacifica

Squiyer Stratocaser

Epiphone. You can play shit, garbage and poo poo with it instead of just 2 out of 3

Add an extra 0 and youvcan get a les paul

What's the alternative, kill them? I don't want you to die.

>sit down to play guitar
>major scale melody
>pentatonic sprinkled in when I'm feeling especially lazy
>it's boring as fuck and pedestrian
>decide to practice for 30 minutes
>actually practice that long
>wow this sucks
>go back to playing for fun once I'm done
>playing is suddenly way fucking better and more creative

Really makes you think

best cheap left handed guitar for a someone switching from bass under 200?

What should i study to help me make rock/hard rock basslines?

Anything masculine is frowned upon
They've been feeding feminist BS to kids since the early 90's resulting in shitty women with dicks.

Found the metal players

>thinking a musical taste is conducive to a certain ideology
found the highschool student

What is a good bridge pickup choice for a single humbucker plywood guitar?
I want to pimp my first guitar that I got 10 years ago. I also want it to be as fucking stupid as possible.

So... EMG 81?

Thank electronic music [spoiler]and there's nothing you can do about it ;^)[/spoiler]

Do any of you use pedals with modeling gear? What pedals do you think are the most useful, that modeling gear can't emulate as accurately?

>Inb4 all of them, hurr durr

I'm thinking about getting a compressor first, that has more controls and is more flexible than what's built into my GSP1101, that can beef up my clean tone and make playing stuff like funk easier

>having to look up what Ugg boots are

>Don't you know he can make you forget your the man

what did he mean by this?

Often times I find myself thinking about guitars themselves and how to modify them more than actually playing.

Wat do?

i eventually reached an end point where a friend and i completely modded the fuck out of a squier i had to the point of retardation and its actually one of my main guitars now. after that i was finally able to focus on my playing lol

I have heavily modified several guitars. Doing that to cheap shitty guitars is my pastime.
I've done so many and I just want to keep doing it. I'd like to do it and sell them after so that I can make some money back but I always grow fond of them and decide to keep them.

Post pics of yours?

1. You're right
2. Fuck you
Pumpkin spice lattes are delicious and guitars are fun. Ugg boots are trash though.

What's the female equivalent of actually being good at guitar though

PSLs are bad and you should feel bad

cafe au lait is the correct way to consume coffee

I think all of us have this problem. It's so much easier to spend hours browsing guitar forums, watching youtube guitarists talk shop, checking out reviews of equipment, coveting guitars and amps we don't have, etc. than it is to actually practice.

I'm starting to think the ultimate "get good at guitar" rig would be an empty room (that doesn't get wifi) with one guitar, one little solid state amp, and a metronome. That's it.

Everything else is distraction and masturbation when it comes to improving.

wearing ugg boots and enjoying PSLs but also being a well-rounded and intelligent girl who doesn't instagram her basic shit

A lot of people will say that it's better to start with electric than acoustic because it's easier, but I tend to think the opposite--fewer gimmicks, fewer accessories, fewer things to distract you from getting the fundamentals down.

Owning a guitar is the equivalent. Everyone I know owns a guitar but I only know one or two people that actually play it

In my experience even very skilled guitar players are a dime a dozen

In my experience the vast majority of players stop advancing after they learn the basics, a handful of songs they like, and one hard song.

Of course because playing guitar is so common, the small percentage of players who become very skilled are still a very large group.

Sounds about right. Most people just don't know how to practice and don't stay consistent. I had a roommate once with a gorgeous black American Standard strat, maple neck. Covered in dust because he never practiced and could barely remember the chords to Creep; he was too busy playing video games all day to even set aside 15 minutes a day to keep up with music.

After practicing, I think the most neglected skill is songwriting. Go into any guitar center and you'll see people shredding better than 90% of successful players in popular bands, but no one really cares about your skills unless you can actually create something with them.

>Try's to say that stereotype is wrong
>Doesn't say he likes another genre to disprove me

I was right wasn't I? :)

Talk me out of it lads.

Or further in to it?

I have a strat pro with the s-switch and I don't like it, I'd get one without it if I could do it over.

Is there any downside to it if you just don't use it? I can always rewire it but I might as well just buy one where I don't have to if it's a problem.

The style of ugg boots were actually male apparel before being coopted by the mass-marketing machine, congrats.

>Ugg boots for men
They don't really resemble the ones chicks wear anyway.

>not comprehending what was written

And the percentage of the general public who even notice or care about how good a guitar player might be forms an even smaller percentage. People want to hear good songs with intelligent lyrics, not 30-minute guitar wank solos.

>Mainly play metal
>Hardly ever break out of the phrygian/minor scale
>Just spent the last hour jamming out to link related
>Feel like pic related

Feels fucking good playing in major key. I think my ear was getting tired of only listening to minor music for months

youtube.com/watch?v=BjXFYwjZLIM

People want to hear catchy songs. Most pop songs have fucking awful lyrics.

You don't need a Deluxe, you only ever need a US Standard or a US Professional or whatever they call them now, the cheapest US made model.

The S1 switch is a total waste of time, it makes a Strat sound like mud. I've got one on my HSS Strat and I never use it. Plus it looks like some cheap piece of plastic shit from a 1970s washing machine.

Well yeah, I don't even figure that horse shit in my calculations.

>People want to hear good songs with intelligent lyrics

1. The sounds are really blah, basically unusable
2. Makes swapping out pickups more complicated
3. Mine started making a scratching noise when I bump it, I need to get it checked out

Just a pointless headache in my opinion.

Thanks lads. I'll look at cheaper US models then. I can level the frets and change the electronics anyway.

I bought an 8 string guitar and it's shit. What can I do with it apart from beat myself and hang myself with the strings?

try Mixolydian too, it has a cheery sound

What guitar? Maybe you can trade for a seven

>Maybe you can trade for a seven
wew

sell it

Seven strings literally have no downsides unless you have twink hands

Schecter C8 Deluxe. The pickups are shit and it buzzes horrendously even after a proper set up.

What are some famous bands that use whammy bars a lot?
I can think of Van Halen and My Bloody Valentine, maybe Children of Bodom, and not much else. I'm trying to justify buying pic related.

Seems to me that David Gilmour uses them somewhat frequently

push it through a fucking woodchipper

neither do 6 strings you fucking goober

Doesn't Kirk Hammet hate fuck a whammy bar a lot?

youtube.com/watch?v=kppX3aW6rAY

>350 dollars
>for an extended range guitar

There's your problem. Any seven or 8 string under a thousand is a crap shoot/total shit. Maybe you should look at an Ibanez Iron Label or lower end prestige if you want a good 8.

You could just not string 2 strings. Or shit in your hand and rub it on your chest.

youtube.com/watch?v=jEj5Ln6vdSA

I had a Jackson like that, the Floyd Rose tremolo is such a pain in the dick that I'll never go near one again. If you don't mind the hassle every time you change strings then go for it.

>shit in your hand and rub it on your chest
YES, force that meme with me, it'll catch on eventually

Dimebag Darnell

Fucking kids don't know how to use a trem these days.

youtu.be/NHUPivUQYUU?t=4m28s
Go to 4:28

you must be inept unless you change the gauge on your strings ever fucking week, it isn't hard to maintain

lmao this dude is a fucking clown

>not tying the bar to your dick and doing kegel exercises to pull it

Kai's lead playing is in E mixolydian here, sounds like he's playing with a bit of chorus and delay or reverb on it so it's got a pretty cool, spacey vibe.

I was the same way with breaking out of playing in minor shapes, and I started doing all my leads in major. Definitely use it as a jumping off point for learning all the modes. If you get stuck playing in major you'll start sounding like every Satrianicore band out there.

Sorry, Vai*, not Kai.

Also, jesus christ, forgot video:

youtube.com/watch?v=5caGv0ajsl8

Looking at some of this dude's other videos. He's a fucking machine in terms of his chops.

Post pic lad

I kind of want to do this to an extreme. Like a guitar with a panel concealing controls for EQ and shit.

>cafe au lait
Redpill me on this.

this is the worst midi song i've ever heard

I had one too and ended up getting rid of it because I changed tunings a lot. I have a nice 6 string and a decent 7 string now, so that shouldn't be a problem any more.

So this audio is programmed? Some Rings Of Saturn shit? I can't tell but my ears are probably shit.

That's literally what gave me the idea. The controls would be covered up though. Also,

>all those controls
>EMGs

Why fucking bother?

good lord

Surprised nobody has mentioned dragonforce

you saw that and actually thought wow, what a great idea? really?

Not to that excess, but a built in EQ would be nice.

how about this

>what are some famous bands that DON'T use whammy bars a lot?

Half coffee, half steamed milk.

i wanted to get into that, modding guitars and whatnot. Alas, no money and no time nor dedication for it. i have an ltd m10 that i was going to use for all the projects and just dicking around. maybe some day.....

you're right, it is much easier to watch stuff and get "distracted" by it. the way i see it for me, there's so much information at hand that i don't know where to start. i've been on and off on guitar for 7 years and i'm regretting not having dedicated myself to it. it's the lack of guidance and the abundance of information and the lack of motivation to lock myself in my room and just practice.

>I bought an 8 string guitar and it's shit. What can I do with it apart from beat myself and hang myself with the strings?
Don't do that, there wouldn't be enough distance to break your neck. You won't be able to use the thinner strings anyways.

Tune it BEADGBEA, get more useable range. Get a chapman stick next time you wand bass strings on a guitar.