negative ghostrider

Okay. But I want your thoughts on guys OUTSIDE of that group of dubstep

>james blake
>burial
>dubstep
oh boy

...yeah it was.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_L-bx5YRhk

Considering dubstep is just a blanket term for shitty 2010 era EDM with lots of robot fart noises, no.

I can tell you without any pretension that it used to be way better 5 years ago. Like way better.

A whole genre basically took off because people were so enamoured with this cool new artificial sound, and then it gradually just got cheaper and more obnoxious over the next 5 years.

This is so true that I'm sure there must be something I'm missing. Some people said they really liked the song Skrillex made for Suicide Squad and said the production was really good but all I can think is that if that impresses you then your mind would be fucking blown by some of the stuff he made in 2011.

You pardners are so funny

It was even better 15 years ago

this

Yes, DMZ, Tempa, Deep Medi, Hyperdub, Big Apple, Chestplate, and Keysound and even Hessle Audio/Swamp 81/Hemlock all put out some great shit between 2002 and 2012

No it wasn't. It was remarkably cheaper and more primitive.

It's not better because it's more boring.

>muh drops

lls

this. The Chainsmokers are inherently better than all house and techno producers of the past 30 years.

>muh skeletal drum pattern over a female vocal sample jerking off a single musical idea for 6 minutes

t. pard who's never listened to dance music before

The Chainsmokers are some of the least lively dance music that's ever existed

You're wrong though. I listen to underground dubstep all the time, because I like it. I just understand that me liking something on a personal level doesn't mean it has more artistic merit than something I don't like.

You're move, kid.

yes, i am move, and you'reself?

Pretty much this. You I have guys who make good music but it's oversatutated at every time. Everyone now is imitating that excision sound, but before it was skrillex

They're both pointless. If there's a good beat, you listen to it

It's more like the most effortless music I've heard

never listened to dance music before

>Chainsmokers
>Have made good music
>ever

Dig deeper. Much deeper. They make some of the worst musical things I've heard

I like that kode9 album with space ape

skreeeeeeee wugga-wa wugga-wa wugga-wa

rip

youtube.com/watch?v=wyydWaVyJB8

youtube.com/watch?v=26QWQCUVb5w
youtube.com/watch?v=boIEd2uguVw
youtube.com/watch?v=mQjqUvuA48A

Pretty much

It goes like this

>Annoying synths
>Pop vocalist
>Song centered about love/teen angst
>Drop is horrible
>Rinse and repeat

They may be trolls. About 4 years ago they had some songs like "Selfie" that were explicitly meant to be as annoying and obnoxious as possible.

They might actually be trying to make music as lame and phoned in as possible as some kind of social experiment.

>Fart noises
>Blankey term
>It was always its own thing until skrillex

Yeah, it's a decent genre, but it's now just facing even more issues with creativity and making better sounds

Anyone hook me up with the lyrics?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=74s4QsSSki4

These plus Milanese, Shackleton, and The Bug post-2003. There's a lot more but this all is good enough for someone to get a good start in the genre.

I assume that. Like some really well played parody, but they've been making this shit for a year now. Selfie may have been a joke, but shit like roses or closer really feel so false and fabricated that it's sad

And to think people take these fucks seriously

Thank you for explaining how techno is user

Yeah, it's called the social experiment where they make millions of dollars

you're welcome, there is also some techno that goes oomp oomp oomp oomp brum-brum-brum brum-brum-brum brum-brum-brum but that's not dubstep

Meanwhile guys who make quality music barely make money. Welcome to the music industry

youtube.com/watch?v=2rHpmxNtKyA