AnCo-Meeting of the Waters (RSD)

Didn't see any thread about this in the catalog but holy shit, this release is incredible. I was expecting another TTG.

It's like a blend of Campfire Songs with the ambient natural sounds and maybe CHZ with the really fucking digital, mechanical, strangeness lurking around. It's incredible.

Also, had NO idea they released an unreleased song they made for Red Dead Redemption. DL'ing now and will report back.

Anybody else check these out?

Other urls found in this thread:

alpacafurrug.tumblr.com/
mega.nz/#!tM8jDayK!0SFBEvRoqopL7W2z-mEGmxZYkLRB6V5niLmAGGTfU6c
youtube.com/watch?v=pu2VKJpHoHo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this going to be digitally released?

yeah

this sucked dick but i'll listen to it again to see if it clicks or whatever

Just listened to Mountain Game, that RDR track and it's surprisingly very similar to Meeting of the Waters despite being recorded 7~ years ago

Just found another single I had no idea about (have I been asleep?) the Michael Remember/Danny's Jam. Listening to now

this is the best thing they've made since Strawberry Jam

I'm a big fan of it too. The enjoyment I get from it does call back to something more like campfire or even Danse Manatee at times (though the sounds on this album are very different). It's a very relaxing ep also sounds like fbk.

The natural sounds on this are so comfy like sleeping with your window open during the summer listening to cicadas

bad taste

I really enjoyed it! I love Campfire Songs, so this EP fed into my desire to hear more of that kind of thing.

Better than MPP? Fall be Kind? Water Curses? Oddsac? Transverse Temporal Gyrus? Centipede Hz? Honeycomb/Gotham? Painting With? The Painters?

I think thats a bit much

They posted this on Facebook

>ywn go hiking with geo and avey
>ywn stay up all night sitting around a campfire listening to them play guitar

Why must the comfiest of feels be so unobtainable

this is so animal collective

>tfw they haven't even hit their prime yet, they're like The Flaming Lips when they were reaching the late 90s, anco hasn't even made their Soft Bulletin yet

Everything thing you said after Oddsac, yes

anyone have a DL link? all the soulseek uploads aren't active

someone throw out a download

Pls Lord

>mfw "My Girls" was their equivalent of "She Don't Use Jelly"

>implying Soft Bulletin is better than STGSTV or Feels

what will their embryonic be

I really like it

Just you wait, we have at least another 15 years ahead of us

stream and visualizer alpacafurrug.tumblr.com/

here's a link

Animal Collective - Meeting of the Waters (V0)
>rainforestcore, campfire songs pt. 2

mega.nz/#!tM8jDayK!0SFBEvRoqopL7W2z-mEGmxZYkLRB6V5niLmAGGTfU6c

Thank you!

that's actually insanely exciting to think about

sorry boi, they hit their peak in the sung tongs - strawberry jam era, now they're in their working with miley cyrus era.

Zaireeka came before The Soft Bulletin and it got a 0 on pitchfork

sorta like how the flaming lips peaked with priest driven ambulance and then started making disney-core 10 years later

It's really fucking amazing.It may even be better than Campfire Songs IMO.

I absolutely love Campfire Songs, and I think this is a really good EP. I can't stop listening to Man of Oil either

Woah, let's calm down with that nonsense. It's pretty good but it's not nearly as cohesive and or as engaging as Campfire Songs. It's a lot more subdued and meditative, yet in some sense chaotic.

Man of Oil and Selection of a Place are best though, for sure. Blue Noses is nice but I don't see how everyone can prefer it over Man of Oil or Selection of a Place.

>plane crashes in in jungle
>3rd day without food or water
>see spiders crawling on skin
>hear voices in your head
>see two dorks recording a snake

top kek

I kinda don't like this cover art. Has anyone got the back of the inner sleeve, the picutre of GEo and Avey sitting next to the tree? I'd like to use that instead to be honest. OR I might take a picture of the Meeting of Waters and put some text over it...

God I would love to see the picture of Geo and Avey, /r/ing that if anybody's got it

Here you go

I realized I can't play music because I don't own a bucket hat

is this a vinyl rip or digital download?

digital download.

Anxiously awaiting Fantano's opinion so I know how to feel

I don't know, I find the rainforest aesthetic more captivating. That may be a personal preference though.

He might like it because Sung Tongs is his favorite Animal Collective album but he might not because campfire songs is like his least favorite

They posted this on their twitter the other day

I hear you, it's really interesting to hear all the field recordings combined with Aveys guitar playing. Especially on tracks like Man of Oil and Selection of a Place, the combination of both elements of Geo's electronic noodling and Avey's strumming and singing is paramount on those.

Thanks for sharing, I might use this. I also made this cover, not sure if I really like it though...Might try something else. I've always liked alternative covers though.

epic

anyone else get oddsac vibes from this release? the samples that geo use remind me lots of mr fingers

yeah i get it more than campfire songs

yes definitely. it's the mixture of the ambient electronics and acoustic guitar.

how do u know his opinion on anco, does he have videos. how u kno sungtongs is his fav

this is from his rym, I thought he was a fan until I saw this

Yeah, this release is definitely a mix of ODDSAC and Campfire Songs/Pullhair Rubeye style acoustics and singing. Which is why I think it's going over so big so far.

>meeting of animal collective the waters
:thinking:

Amazonawana reminds me of Jungle Heat.

youtube.com/watch?v=pu2VKJpHoHo

And then Anaconda Opportunity reminds me of
Urban Creme.

I try so hard to enjoy anco, but I just don't get it. Seems like everyone I know who likes them points back to "that time they were tripping and I heard them for the first time". Do I have to take psys again to get anco? Also, 'College' always struck me as extremely sinister.

Are they the new Talking Heads and I'm just sqare as fuck?

Try Sung Tongs if you haven't.

I've never done psychs and they're amazing to me, may just not work for some people.

I don't know man, maybe they just aren't for you. They hit me right in the feels and make me feel comfy and at home. Though I've been listening for years and years and years and I have memories and experiences associated with them I have never gotten with other bands.

did he even rate STGSTV?

If you don't like it that's fine, if it doesn't click with you don't worry about it.

Tried once, Will try again

Guess theres hope

See that's amazing to me. I don't get warm, I pickup "deliberately eerie and sinister" from almost all of their tracks. I'm not saying they're bad, I swear.

But it seems like I'm in a different reality than all my peers who fucking. Love. Them.

There is definitely an air of creepiness and some dark undertones to some of their music, but not nearly that much.